what about the war on drugs?

Scrat

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 09:24 am
Lola wrote:
My God! Scrat,

We actually agree on something. How pleasant.

Very Happy

I've commented from time to time that those who think I'm a 100% died-in-the-wool right-wing conservative are only getting part of the picture. It all depends on the issue...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 05:02 pm
But Scrat, you didn't comment on the "how pleasant" part. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 05:30 pm
"I started out on burgundy
But soon hit the harder stuff"
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 05:41 pm
wasting away again in Margarittaville.....
0 Replies

geekfloyd

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 08:08 pm
Re: maybe
bongstar420 wrote:
Wilso wrote:
I agree with the decriminilisation of marijuana. But care should be taken. I know from personal experience that excessive use does cause depression, does cause anxiety, and does cause LOSS of apetite..

I see things like this as an already present characteristic in the individuals personality. This is a result of the emphasized emotions. And your right, we do need to take care. I think that treatment programs would solve this problem.

They also say that pot, like coke,can cause heart attacks. Still, it's not the governments job to take care of me. If they really wanted to take care of me I'd have a good job, health care and if I screwed up a little they wouldn't be so quick to fine me or toss me in jail.

Edit (moderator): Link removed. Do not post your links.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 10:15 pm
Lola wrote:
But Scrat, you didn't comment on the "how pleasant" part. Very Happy

Sorry, the smiley was intended to do that. Yes, always a pleasure, and thanks for noting it!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 02:16 am
Quote:

Edit (moderator): Link removed. Do not post your links.

What's this story with links???
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 04:13 pm
They also say that pot, like coke,can cause heart attacks. Still, it's not the governments job to take care of me. If they really wanted to take care of me I'd have a good job, health care and if I screwed up a little they wouldn't be so quick to fine me or toss me in jail.

Edit (moderator): Link removed. Do not post your links.[/quote]

That, my good man, is propaganda. The thing about a heartattack. It is simply not true, they say that because there is usually a small increase of heart rate during the time of consumption. One could say, with such pretenses, that coffee will cause heartattacks, eh?
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 09:50 pm
Frank hit the nail on the head.

The war on drugs is a toilet bowl of wasted cash.

The sheer irony of those proclaiming the hazards of "illegal drugs" walking into a Walgreens for a bottle of robitussin is enough for a few chuckles.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 09:52 pm
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/elvis/elnix.gif

On December 21, 1970, Elvis Presley paid a visit to President Richard M. Nixon at the White House in Washington, D.C. The meeting was initiated by Presley, who wrote Nixon a six-page letter requesting a visit with the President and suggesting that he be made a "Federal Agent-at-Large" in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Did he think of this before or after he was having his prescription refilled for the 4th time? Laughing
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 10:05 pm
No. Perscription. What. How. Perscription. That must be the answer. Perscribe it
maybe, maybe not, eh?
0 Replies