what about the war on drugs?

bongstar420

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:15 pm
RCMP? Hey a cop who thinks like that, Hoorey!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:19 pm
I'm not saying that he is, but his avatar has me curious.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:20 pm
Where I use to live I was friends with half the PD, so they are people just like us ;-)
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:25 pm
Yeah I know that, some of them are really cool. But there is alotta asses out there, who like the prohibition. At least I think, I have no evidence to back that up.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:30 pm
I'm sure you're right, but I can't back that up either. My friends were cool to me, but I have no idea how they treated others on the job. We hung out when they were off duty and that's the only side of them I saw, except when I'd run into them on the street while they were working.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:02 pm
No, not a redcoat...it's just to make more evident point of origin.

The DEA is an epicentre of nuttiness. In 98, a letter was delivered to Kofi Annan. The first line read, "We believe that the global war on drugs is now causing more ham than drug abuse itself." It was signed by Perez (former un secretary general), Shultz (former US secretary of state), Joycelyn Elders (former US surgeon general), Milton Friedman, and a long list of other eminent world citizens.

The US has been the chief force and architect of the world wide criminalization of drugs, thus my opinion of the DEA is pretty low indeed.

But, read that article...get the full goods. It's an incredibly interesting story.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:07 pm
Thanks for the info Blatham ;-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:19 pm
Hey, with Tommy Chong finally being aressted, the war against drugs seems like it's well on it's way. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:21 pm
I still can't believe they threw the man in jail for selling bongs!!!
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:45 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Hey, with Tommy Chong finally being aressted, the war against drugs seems like it's well on it's way. Rolling Eyes

Wow, what insight.

Hey check out what joefromchicago says about this kind of stuff on my forum Refer to the facts!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:49 pm
bongstar

cav has his tongue so far in his cheek there that one might think he'd tripped and fallen face first on your avatar
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:53 pm
that's red wine, bongstar, I was drinking Sanserre tonight. anyone want to join me?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:54 pm
I'm in Lola :-D
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:59 pm
Lola wrote:
that's red wine, bongstar, I was drinking Sanserre tonight. anyone want to join me?

What ever so do you mean?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:27 pm
What Blatham said bongstar, regarding my comment....I have read many new studies on the beneficial uses of pot, but I never knew that it cured the effects of irony.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:37 pm
Ahhhh, yes, the effects of Irony...........and self deception too.......

Sancerre, Bongstar, would you care for some?

Here you go Montana.........enjoy, there's more where that came from.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:44 pm
Yes, Montana.............(don't let him fool ya) Blatham is a mounted policeman........he is.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:55 pm
I'll indulge bongstar because it seems they need a bit of a history lesson, especially on the hemp industry/illegal pot thing, and the modern history of the supposed war on drugs. True enough, it is difficult to find info on this stuff with a modicum of proper research, but this at least gives the history in a fairly straightforward, non-flag waving approach:

http://www.rexresearch.com/hhist/hhicon%7E1.htm
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 07:04 am
Nice link Cav...in the same way that an understanding of the history of American policies on policing of citizens requires an understanding of the madman J Edgar Hoover, a proper understanding of the US policies on drugs requires an understanding of the madman Anslinger. Then there is the Catholic Church and the madman Augustine, but that's another story.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 07:19 pm
So what, am I lacking the proper perspective?
0 Replies