what about the war on drugs?

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:36 am
So far i've heard nothing about this. isn't it important. Is it important to you, what do you think about it? shouldnt this be addressed, and what should we do about it.

Its important to me, there are so many violations that the government commits to get the users its incomprehensible.

Speak Free :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,006 • Replies: 110
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:37 am
I think marijuana should be decriminalized.

I think derivates of coke shouldn't.

I'll be back, I gotta go do some work.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:43 am
I would agree to some extent. I think that all plants should be legal. this would mean that the coca plant would be legal but pure forms of cocaine would not be. problem is that if you have coca you can easily make your own cocain. Drug law needs to be transformed into drug treatment and education. Ive had piles of cocain in front of me but I didnt do it because I knew of its problems and effects. Id say that proper drug education is what has keept me away from some and drew me near others.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:56 am
I agree with the decriminilisation of marijuana. But care should be taken. I know from personal experience that excessive use does cause depression, does cause anxiety, and does cause LOSS of apetite..
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:56 am
The case I'd make against coke is the strong physical addiction.

Anything can be mentally addicting but few things are as powerful. Witth such addictive properties I believe education and the person's common sense are simply not good enough barriers.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 01:04 am
well...
For the matter of addiction, the physical part isn't whats so difficult. You tough it out for 5-7 days(rarely 10) and your good. However you have to deal with the mental addiction for possibly years. But just because it is highly physicaly addictive doesnt make it a ciminal offence. It becomes criminal when they hurt someone else.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 01:14 am
maybe
Wilso wrote:
I agree with the decriminilisation of marijuana. But care should be taken. I know from personal experience that excessive use does cause depression, does cause anxiety, and does cause LOSS of apetite..

I see things like this as an already present characteristic in the individuals personality. This is a result of the emphasized emotions. And your right, we do need to take care. I think that treatment programs would solve this problem.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:03 am
I agree with all of the above.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 04:18 pm
I would decriminalize marijuana for medical purposes only. All other drugs should remain illegal. If a rush is needed try sex it is still legal.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:24 pm
au1929 wrote:
I would decriminalize marijuana for medical purposes only. All other drugs should remain illegal. If a rush is needed try sex it is still legal.

Why only medically, is it because of the potential for abuse. Marijuana is by far not a rush, more like slow and easy with a pillowey tired end. Bed time. But then again thats with indica, sativa doesnt make you tired unless its been process poorly, like they do in Mexico.

Besides decrimilizing makes it so you dont go to jail, I think you mean legalize for med and decriminalize for the rest. I dont think that patients deserve tickets do you. I could be mistaken, if you think that I should be in jail. A succesful student and a good worker, not to mention an artictically inclined thinker.

A little clarification would do you better justice. Thanks
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:32 pm
I would decriminalize ALL drugs. A person has a perfect right to be stupid. If he then commits a crime like stealing in order to get his "fix", then I believe it is is the purview of the government to prosecute. I also think that people should not need to have a doctor's prescription for ANY medication.

Sure, some people will become addicted, as many are to cigarettes, alcohol, and junk food. But I don't believe that it is the right of the government to control that.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:35 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I would decriminalize ALL drugs. A person has a perfect right to be stupid. If he then commits a crime like stealing in order to get his "fix", then I believe it is is the purview of the government to prosecute. I also think that people should not need to have a doctor's prescription for ANY medication.

Sure, some people will become addicted, as many are to cigarettes, alcohol, and junk food. But I don't believe that it is the right of the government to control that.

I couldnt find any flaw in your reasoning. But there are to many who would say that cheap and easy drugs would lead to more problems. So bust em for the real crimes and treat em for thier drug addiction.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 07:14 pm
The government prohibited another substance, alcohol, in the 1920's. It did not work, and the law was repealed.

I don't believe that cheap and easy drugs would lead to more problems. If the drugs were too cheap, it would not be profitable for the big suppliers, and there would probably be LESS drugs available.

But that is absolutely besides the point. I could name many substances that are routinely ingested that cause a lot of harm.

The real issue is the role of the government, and how much they can control people's lives.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 07:52 pm
Yep. To bad I dont have the whole say in what I do with my body.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:02 pm
I don't mind personal stupidity. But some substances are powerful to the degree that the stupidity is rarely ever personal.

A crack addict does not keep his/her problem to him/herself in almost every single case.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:10 pm
I agree with that Craven. Cocaine is something that no one should mess with since it causes many people to be violent and they'll do anything to get their hands on the drug.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:13 pm
But - do you think having it criminalized is doing anything to limit availability?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:21 pm
Yes, I am very surprised at the question.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:21 pm
dlowan
Not at all, so I do think it should be legal for that reason alone. If the law would stop wasting time arresting people who simply are doing drugs and not hurting anyone they'd have plenty of time to go after the ones who are causing the problems. Throwing someone in jail for pot has always been beyond me. I've never seen anyone hurt anyone because they were on pot.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:24 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Yes, I am very surprised at the question.

Craven
Cocaine is very available to anyone who wants it. Users have connections everywhere.
0 Replies