Frank Apisa wrote:
@Lustig Andrei

Andy...I didn't understand it enough to ask, "Huh?"

Mea culpa! (par for the course)

The lady refers to this thwea.. er, thread, pages 4-5ff, 30 Jan., 2009

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 07:36 pm
@Debacle,
Thankee kindly, indeed, for guiding me into the paths of righteousness on this issue. Just went back and wewead those 2009 posts wif a tear in me eye. I'd clean forgot about the famous earwig exchange.
Debacle

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 09:03 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Happy to oblige, Andy.

I've been wondering ... assuming this thread still has legs (do threads have legs? I know earwigs do ... or do they? heck, I don't know! what difference does it make how they get about? Where was I? oh, yeah...) if this thread remains active, does anyone recall an Abuzz member, John whazzisname? I don't recollect the last name. He was nearly from New Orleans, as I recall, a twin whose brother was also on Abuzz but didn't post so much as did John, unless, as was suspected by some, he and his twin were one and the same fellow.

John (in collusion with his brother) supposedly ran some sort of IT business or management consultancy, something of the sort, and he hinted (right there on Abuzz) that he was looking to hire some talent and asked if anyone was interested in applying. I told him I wasn't, but asked if he was acquainted with Mr. Ignatius J. Reilly, a well known New Orleans personality, something of a character but extremely intelligent, and who, it was my understanding, was seeking employment to match his talent. All quite serious like and apparently John accepted it as genuine, for he responded that he would make enquiries and thanked me very kindly indeed. I still chuckle when I think that I apparently got away with that one. He was good crack! ... whoever "they" were.

glitterbag

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 09:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Bobsal is posting on SB, but there isn't much going over there. I mentioned to him he should post on A2K, but he said every time he posts over here he gets locked out rather quickly. I don't have a clue why that is, but he seems to think he offended someone with the authority to keep him out. Too bad, really, it's gotten nuts over there and when I check I see the same old conspirisy mavens holding forth. It doesn't do anything lighthearted anymore.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 11:11 pm
@Debacle,
I'm not sure Debacle. The name only rings a very generic bell, but I do recall two brothers, and twins sounds right that had some furious and heated discussion on some *obscure point of mathmatics. I don't think anyone besides themselves had the slightest idea what the discussion involved, but we loved reading along.

*Most mathematical points are obscure to me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 03:33 am
Thanks Debacle and Glitterbag.

Ya learn something new every day on A2K!
Debacle

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:59 am
@roger,
Quote:
*Most mathematical points are obscure to me.

Same here, Roger. It was all Greek to me, trying to extract the cube root of MMCCCDXLIV and other such tripe.

But you've definitely pegged the right fellow(s) and it was indeed mathematics they were generally on about, which is why I suggested John contact Ignatius Reilly, who rode two hobby-horses: theology and geometry.

Kudos to your excellent memory, my friend.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 12:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Ya learn something new every day on A2K!

Frank, to bring some sense (though not much) to those exchanges between dlowan and yomismo, there were some opapue references made to EX-earwigs, EX-parrots and the like. They stemmed from this ornithological masterpiece.

0 Replies