0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 02:12 am
hey, deb, take a look at this video:
http://able2know.org/topic/128639-1
dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 04:11 am
@MontereyJack,
Is that the one where the rabbit chases the snake up a tree and kills it?

(Slow connection, so I will only look if I haven't seen it.)

We Wabbits are an oft misunderestimated folk.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 09:00 pm
That's the one. Props to your tribe, wabbit.
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 12:15 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

That's the one. Props to your tribe, wabbit.

High five!!!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 02:59 am
Obama terrorist fist bump!!!
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 03:48 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Obama terrorist fist bump!!!

We...er...we don't DO fists.
Debacle

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:09 am
@dlowan,
Do you DO feists ... Jack Wussells, Wat Tewwiwas, etcetewa?
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:14 am
oh, of course, sorry, my bad, Obama paw bump!
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:26 am
@Debacle,
Debacle wrote:

Do you DO feists ... Jack Wussells, Wat Tewwiwas, etcetewa?

Are you asking if I mmiscegenate with dogs?

The NOIVE!!!

You'll be a Dead-goddam-bacle when I've finished with you.

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:26 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

oh, of course, sorry, my bad, Obama paw bump!

Cool, sibling!
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 10:19 am
@dlowan,
Don't get yew dandwuff up, wabbit. I was just weading about Euwopean eawwigs and natuwally got to thinking about dogs ... well, pewhaps not natuwally, but anyway I did.

Question: How many penises does a European earwig have?
a. Fourteen
b. None at all
c. Two (one for special occasions)
d. Mind your own business.

The answer is c. The European or black earwig carries a spare one in case the first one snaps off, which happens quite frequently. Both penises are very brittle and relatively long; at just under a half inch in length, they are often longer than the earwig itself. Two gentlemen at Tokyo Metropolitan University discovered this when one of them playfully pinched a male earwig's rear end during the act of sexual intercourse. Its penis snapped off inside the female, but miraculously it produced a backup.

It stwikes me as vewy stwange that a guy in the act of scwewing (and in a classwoom, no less) would even think of squeezing a bug's bottom. It takes all kinds, I guess.

(I'll be damned glad when this snow and ice melts and I can get out to find something else to read.)

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 12:10 pm
Not only do I get to see Debacle again, but I find out that black earwigs carry spare parts. Live and loin. And ain't life grand.
Debacle

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 04:48 pm
@Roberta,
Hi, Roberta. Cold in Central Park today, I guess, huh? Or have you hied off to Key West or somewhere?
Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 10:20 pm
@Debacle,
Debacle wrote:

Hi, Roberta. Cold in Central Park today, I guess, huh? Or have you hied off to Key West or somewhere?

I haven't hied anywhere. Cold in Central Park. Cold on Lexington Avenue. Cold in the whole damned city.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 10:44 pm
@Debacle,
I'm speechless.

SPEECHLESS.

I'd hate to be a female earwig.

That'd be grisly.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 06:54 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
I'd hate to be a female earwig.

That'd be grisly.

Doesn't bear thinking about.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:09 am
Earwigs continue to suffer from bad press. The old wives thingy that this harmless insect enters in through the human ear and bores into the brain is all poppycock. The source of this fable was unknown until I carried out my own extensive investigations. I discovered that earwigs have been falsely accused of this impertinence.

There once lived, in a small Tuscan village, an old woodcarver named Geppetto, who, in whittling away his time during a temporary lull in the demand for choir screens and organ lofts, carved from a piece of pine a wooden puppet. Sometime later, Geppetto caught sight of the backside of a carpenter bee just as it disappeared down the left lughole of said puppet. The bee, eventually broaching the area where a brainpan would normally have been, stung the puppet into full life and imbued it with a knack for telling falsehoods, the first of which was that it was an earwig which had done the deed. Hearing this from the puppet, Geppetto proceeded to spread the lie far and wide.

From Wikipaedia: English has derived a verb, to earwig, meaning "to fill someone's mind with prejudice by insinuations" or "to attempt to influence by persistent confidential argument or talk." The German word Ohrwurm has the derived meaning "an annoying tune which I can't get out of my head."

My personal preference is for the German usage. E.g., just try ridding your head of "da da da DAH, da da da DAH" after listening to Symphony #5 by Earwig van Beethoven.

dlowan

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:42 am
@Debacle,
The earwig is guilty.

Anything with two willies is capable of anything.

Just look at sharks!

Debacle

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 02:31 pm
@dlowan,
If it's all the same, I'd rather not.

It seems you consider the results of my findings to be suspect or that my methodology fails to meet rigid scientific standards. Well, I can only say that your brain may be large enough to accommodate one of these buggers, but mine certainly isn't.

http://file048b.bebo.com/19/large/2009/01/31/19/14092128a9994268747l.jpg

I take this to be a wedding photograph. Whereas he seems eager enough, she strikes me as being somewhat stiff and hesitant; as though her worst fears as to what he was packing for the honeymoon had indeed materialised.