Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:18 am
That's hilarious . . . The Reptile is behaving as if he has an audience, hungry for his profound wisdom. The capacity for self-deception is apparently limitless.
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 03:55 pm
@Setanta,
AHA. Ive found proof undisputable. Fact that humans and dinosaurs lived together. BEHOOOLD!!http://www.bible.ca/tracks/tracks-acambaro-dinos.htm

The Acambaro figurines were sculpted by ancients who lived together in peace with dinosaurs of various geological ages. Im convinced
rosborne979

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I'm convinced

Me too. The stones are obviously stones.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 11:48 am
More importantly, all of the participants are obviously stoned.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 08:05 pm
Newcomers are advised to go back to the original article on this thread, i.e. page one. Recent posts on this thread are entirely from a little coterie of blowhards who I have on ignore other than for farmerman, who most other intelligent people would have on ignore. Farmerman occasionally adds something useful to some science discussions, but this is not one of them.
Setanta

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 08:24 pm
I'll bet it just drives Gunga batshit to see all these "ignored user" posts. Dime to a dollar he peeks . . . frequenty . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 05:57 am
@gungasnake,
Newcomers are urged to think for themselves and not worry about whethre any participant is so bold as at advise others of how to think.
My only contribution to this thread is that I think most of the Ica STones that depict aliens, dinosaurs, etc are probably frauds crafted by some market driven local with a knowledge of how to carve on stone.

Set, I have "you know who" on ignore and admit that whenever he seems to be really wound up with 3 or 4 consecutive posts, I want to peek. However, in taking LittleK's advice, she makes believe that the ignored person doesnt exist. If gunga does it right, he will ignore you completely also. So the only way I can see that gunga would get your point is for me to say something like.:

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT GUNGA IS BATSHIT?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 08:28 am
Again for newcomers...

These things would be difficult to create with modern tools, much less the tools which villagers had in the late 1950s and early 60s and the first batches which turned up in the 60s numbered in the thousands.

Nobody does that much work on speculation. If they'd been fakes somebody would have made one or two of them before testing the waters to see if anybody would buy them.

http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/0/v/F/ica_stone_lg.jpg
rosborne979

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 08:34 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
These things would be difficult to create with modern tools, much less the tools which...

Come on, look at those things. I bet a child could make one with rusty nail and a few days on a mexican beach with nothing to do (which is probably exactly how they were made).

parados

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 09:27 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Nobody does that much work on speculation. If they'd been fakes somebody would have made one or two of them before testing the waters to see if anybody would buy them.

There are real ica stones without dinosaurs. They sell.
Therefor fake ica stones will sell.
Fake ica stones sell therefor fake ica stones with faked dinosaurs and man will sell.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they will sell in quantities when the tourists frequent shops and buy stuff.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 09:56 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
I bet a child could make one with rusty nail and a few days on a mexican beach with nothing to do (which is probably exactly how they were made).

Actually, Senor Uchuya claims to have faked them by using hack saw blades and other metal hand tools.
If you notice, gunga claims to believe their authenticity with less real evidence than the counter position which states that they are fakes. At least on the side of fakery, we have an admitted forger and a series of doubtful issues on provenance, gunga has nothing except the sayso of one man, a convicted antiquities felon. The way that gungas mind works has always been a mystery. He claims an interest in science but consistently denies its evidence.
Could he be simply agenda driven.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 10:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Could he be simply agenda driven.

Say it ain't so.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 11:26 am
One other thing... 1962 was BEFORE anybody ever started to question the standard version of the antiquity of dinosaurs, at least as far as I know.

The whole world pretty much accepted the 65,000,000 year thing back then. That makes it even harder to picture anybody trying to carve up thousands of difficult art pieces showing humans and dinosaurs together without a clue as to whether the first one could be sold since the whole world would take the idea as idiotic at the time.

Farmerman and his ilk of course STILL take the idea as idiotic despite the overwhelming body of evidence turning up, but that's just their problem.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 11:47 am
@gungasnake,
you confuse evidence with convictions there gunga. So far youve asserted from convictions not evidence. You have no evidence. The standard age of the earth in 1962 was not 4.55 BY. The age of dinosaurs was not as we express it today.
However, showing men and dinosaurs TOGETHER, was something that was already on the palette of Creation"Science", and thats the point isnt it?. The actual geologic age is immaterial to your point becuase you deny the standard age model anyway. Or do you now accept an old earth with humans and dinosaurs throughout? You have to keep changing your story when you dont have any facts on your side. All I have to do is parrot facts.

Since George Macready Price and HEnry Morris both published on behalf of Creationism, there has been a Creationiost mantra of several ridiculous points including a belief that dinosaurs were part of a world they shared with humans and that this world was less than 10000 years old .They also asserted that all fossils were merely "flood deposits".

When you get around to actually showing some evidence other than making your same tired points over and over, please step up.

Why doesnt the fossil record show the same information as these Ica Stones? Maybe Senor Uchuya can shed some light.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 12:31 pm
Just about anywhere there have been people interested in antiquities, particularly people interested in actually paying money for antiquities, there have been, seemingly within days, local people willing to create new "antiquities" for those collectors to buy. In other words, whenever money appears, fakes appear. It is like a universal law of archaeology. And that goes back more than a century. I speak from experience. I've done research on the fake file at the Peabody Museum at Harvard. And they've got stuff from the 19th century. Betcha Cabrera was not the first gullible fool to visit Ica (as amatter of fact I know he wasn't, because they've been digging stuff there for decades before he came). And believe me, if the fakers know you're interested in something, fakes will shortly appear that somehow always have just what you're interested in on them.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 02:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
Id have thought that if I were gonna fake these Ica Stones, Id just continue with prosaic scenes of the day and not scribe scenery with dinosaurs and space aliens.

Im not familiar with the fake files that you were speaking about MJ. Can you elaborate, Im fascinated by forensic analyses of fake objects and art.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 10:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I speak from experience. I've done research on the fake file at the Peabody Museum at Harvard.

Not sure I'd admit to beieng involved with ivy league schools after listening to Caroline Kennedy...

Nonetheless Harvard used to be fairly serious. One other sort of thing you'd find in that Peabody museum if you looked hard enough would be the report from the Doheney scientific expedition somewhere around 1920 which describes Amerind petroglyphs and includes at least one photo of one which shows a sauropod dinosaur:

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino-art-wall-etchings-grand-canyon.jpg

The image at bible.ca first came to light in that Doheney report.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 11:35 pm
which shows a sauropod dinosaur if you have a particularly creative imagination, still believe in fairies, mermaids, and unicorns, and have only a tenuous grip on reality.
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:36 am
@MontereyJack,
But never a fossil or even a strat deposit that looks recent and contains some evidence by "ichno" fossils.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 08:09 am
@MontereyJack,
The report in the Harvard/Peabody museum of American Ethnology claims that the image is that of a sauropod dinosaur.

You're saying that Harvard is a collection of idiots??