The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I remembered that, but then...I dunno.
I remember some also claiming I was some newbie idiot who used to post a lot on here, just to take the piss, hmm! x
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 07:03 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest. Well, if you are ever in England man! I am definitely fun, and i know all the funnest bits of london, for sure.
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:41 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Well PQ, it's in the works. You are in London?

T
K
O
Montana

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:56 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Montana - I'd like to meet Montana and then just follow her around town just interacting with people and seeing if she is as nice in real life as she is in the internets. She makes being kind seem effortless.

\

T
K
O

Awwww Thank you. It would be an honor to have you follow me around town TKO Very Happy
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 02:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
I honestly don't know. All I know is I gave who I thought was Mathos my phone number and he called me one Sunday afternoon while I was taking a nap. At first, he didn't even sound British - so I said, 'This is Mathos? You don't even sound British! ' he assured me it was him and then I started listening really carefully and to my ear his accent sounded like Ringo Starr's. So I said that - and asked, 'Oh, do you sound like Ringo because you're from the northwest - do Liverpudlians and Mancurians have similar accents ?' and he got all huffy like, 'No - I don't talk like I'm from bloody Liverpool!'

It was funny. We ended up having this really one-sided conversation because every question I would ask, he would pretend to not hear me...
But he was very polite and charming.

I guess I eventually came to believe that Mathos and Spendius were two separate people. And I'll tell you why - Mathos was much quicker on his feet with the bawdy acronym. I discerned a major difference in thinking styles.
But honestly - it wouldn't have mattered to me either way. If anything, I'd find that more impressive -that someone could appear so bookish and cerebral and at the same time so blustery and macho and continue to be what I found pretty entertaining and funny. And it'd make me more curious to meet them.

I mean, I'm not putting any great emotional energy into it - because in my mind, and at this point in my life- that's what friends are for- to have fun with.
I already have people I can rely on who I need to behave responsibly toward me.
If someone wants to joke and laugh and be silly - so be it - I'm up for it- as long as it doesn't hurt or humiliate anyone.

And just so everyone knows - I worked ten hours yesterday at my restaurant - we got slammed- and then I went out to dinner with my daughter and her dad - I had cashew chicken. Then we went to see Seven Pounds with Will Smith (good movie- thought provoking) then I came home and peeled potatoes for today's lunch.
I was nowhere near a computer yesterday. I would never play games with someone's head or deliberately hurt someone.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 02:14 am
I looked in the mirror this morning and saw an A2ker I remembered. At LEAST one of us did!!!!

Way ******* thanx folks! Only been around A2K since December two-thousand-and-*******-two.... like 6,000 posts... not here for recognition or nuffin... no, not me.... no votes from those bastids kicky, gus, slappy, or CI... not bitter.... no ******* way.... not me, perfectly happy being ignored here - hey, let's all ignore Stillwater... yeah, let's just ******* do that...
aidan

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 02:16 am
@Mr Stillwater,
If there were two of you - you used the wrong pronoun.
Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 02:25 am
@aidan,
Ahh, that was the all-inclusive 'us'. Not just me and my imaginary friend - this time. I was just pointing out that to have this... long-suffering A2Ker recognised and lauded in some fashion.... I'd better do it between rinsing and flossing.
aidan

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 02:29 am
@Mr Stillwater,
I have no idea what that means - but it sounds sort of funny and clever. You floss?! I should but I don't...and you know what...I went to the dentist for the first time in fourteen years (I'm pathologically afraid of the dentist) and there was not a thing wrong with my teeth. No gum disease - nothing....he couldn't believe it.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 05:30 am
@Diest TKO,
Yeah, I'll probably end up being here for about another three years, so you're welcome.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't think so - at least I cannot imagine it is - well it wouldn't be the first time I was fooled.

But Mathos was very upset over the new format and hasn't posted any more of his travels.
OGIONIK

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 02:17 pm
@Linkat,
im honored you would like to play video games with me, sadly i think there would be no competitiona nd you would leave with spite in your heart, and in utter awe at my amazing skills Razz

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 04:26 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
Quote:
not me, perfectly happy being ignored here - hey, let's all ignore Stillwater... yeah, let's just ******* do that...

OK . . . i'm cool with that.

Is that the Hal9000?
George

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 05:33 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Is that the Hal9000?

Yeah, but you need Service Pack 7 or the pod bay door won't open.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:00 pm
Gee, I tried to think of a list but it just kept getting longer and longer. It would be easier to mention those I don't mind NEVER meeting , but I won't get into that.

Sigh! No one wants ro meet me! If anyone wants to come to Texas let me know. SheWolf, let me know if you ever mosey up toward Dallas.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:36 pm
I dont know if I should be upset or flattered that I didnt make anyones list.

But thats ok, I dont want to meet me either.

There are however a few people I want to meet.
EVERYBODY that posts on Izzies "Yabber Liner" thread, especially after they were so thoughtful and helped me get thru my nephews death.

Cyclo...even though him and I disagree on almost everything
Tico...because we agree on most everything

And a few others whose names I cant remember right now.

solipsister

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:45 pm
@mysteryman,
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 04:08 pm
I've met quite a few a2kers over the years in Chicago, London, Lippstadt, Austin, Houston, and Chicago. I've probably disagreed with most of them on one subject or another, and a few who have attacked me personally for no reason - I will never meet. However, I have not let most of those disagreements change my mind about meeting a2k members, and welcome all to come to Northern California for a Meet. I will make the effort to get others to attend a Meet. I will usually offer to take visitors to the "highlight" destinations in our area as their chauffeur and somewhat guide. I still have a2k Meet white caps that I need to distribute.

I continue to look for cruises for Northern Canada to include visits to New York and Boston where I would enjoy meeting a2k members.

Send me a PM or email if you're planning a trip to San Francisco or environs. I have cruise plans in January (2 thru 13) and May (6 thru 16), but open otherwise - until other plans are made.

0 Replies

mackllinvinger

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 12:18 am
HI, guys ,,
nice talk.
0 Replies