Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:07 pm
I thought maybe I'd start a list, and then perhaps this will lead to people meeting up.

In no particular order,

Sozobe
Boomerang
BiPolar Bear
Diest TKO
Mysteryman
Endimyon
Lightwizard
OGOINIK (hope I spelled that right)
Ebrown P
Margot
Seed
Parados
Frank Apisa
Farmerman
Djjd62
Setanta
Nimh
Walter Hintler
Hamburger
Freeduck
Occom Bill
Blatham
Lola
HelenofTroy (what's the new name, can't remember)
Butrflynet
Rockhead
Littlek
Shewolf
Gargamel
Donttreadonme
Coastalrat
Jpinmilwaukee
Debra Law
Jespah
And Finally,
CdK himself.

I'm sure I'll think of some more. If anyone is going to be in SF this year, let's have lunch!

Who would you like to meet? And why?

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 41 • Views: 12,095 • Replies: 118

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:23 pm
Love to meet you too. If you get near NYC...let us know.

Helen of Troy is now HoT!

She didn't make it to dinner the other night...I think she may be away for a bit. Normally, when we get together, she is with us.
roger

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hot has become HighSeas.

When FreeDuck passes through Albuquerque this summer, I'm arranging one of those remarkable coincidences.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 11:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, I read the list twice now, and I still don't see the name I was looking for.

I was sure spendius would be there.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:21 am
I'm totally crushed that I didn't make the list. <sniff>

I would like to meet you Cyclo, along with many many others here because you have a brain. I like that in people Very Happy
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:54 am
I might actually be arranging a trip out to SF this year. I'll keep you in mind if I do. The only A2Ker I've met in RL is cicerone imposter.

For that matter, I'm still going to be headed to Chicago sometime this year as well, so I think I'd like to meet some of the Chi-town group.

T
K
O
msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:00 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, if you don't want to meet me then I most certainly don't want to meet you, either Cyclo! (even though, most of the time. I support your posts! Wink )

Who would I love to meet then (excluding Cyclo! Wink )?

I would absolutely love to meet Roberta. Having "talked" to her online & off for years, I would love to meet her face to face - "in the flesh". Dear Roberta, I love your spirit, your courage & humour.

I would love to meet farmer. Because I find just about everything he has to say here interesting & the farmer way he says it, too! I like his humour (twisted sometimes) a lot! I relate.

I would like to meet littlek, because .. well, I like her. I relate to the things she posts about, I share many of her views & I respect her honesty a lot. Her love of her animals is a biggie with me!

I would like to meet Endy because he shares many of my own ideals about how the world should/could be & also because he writes so beautifully. I respect Endy a lot & have great affection for him.

As for the Oz folk here that I have empathy/constant discussion with (You know who you are! Wink ) I guess if we really wanted to meet, we would have by now, yes? Sometimes it's simply enough to become " good posting friends", isn't it? Smile And that's perfectly OK.

I'll bet you anything that, after I've posted this, I'll think of lots more people I could have included in this list. Whose posts I really appreciate & enjoy. This was straight off the top of my head.

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:09 am
@msolga,
Quote:
I'll bet you anything that, after I've posted this, I'll think of lots more people I could have included in this list. Whose posts I really appreciate & enjoy. This was straight off the top of my head.

How right I was!

I've just thought of at least another 12!

So I'm not going to pursue this any further... because, well, I could spend the whole night here, naming names! Shocked Wink
Montana

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:29 am
@msolga,
Same here msolga, which is why I didn't get started. Just the thought of trying to think of everyone is too overwhelming Shocked
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:31 am
You are going to be PLEASED to see me and buy me a fricking drink!!

Sheesh!
msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:45 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Quote:
You are going to be PLEASED to see me and buy me a fricking drink!!

Sheesh!

To whom were you addressing that somewhat aggressive invitation, Stilly? Laughing
Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:53 am
@msolga,
Quote:
To whom...

Ah, ms olga - they know who they are....
Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:57 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I wanna meet Merry Andrew at the corner of Sunset and Vine.

I wanna meet Osso at the MOMO in NYC.

I wanna meet Gus at his sister's house

I wanna meet Shewolf and go shooting with her (camera in hand)

I wanna meet MacII and chastize her for stopping the game

I wanna meet Walter H and reminise about the day

I wanna meet Roberta and go have a real NYC Ruebens at a local jewish deli

I wanna meet Edgar Blythe and go find a junk yard that we can sit in and read poetry

thats for starters - now let me see - hmmmm people I don't want to meet.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:57 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Right. Gotcha! (I think!)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:13 am
I will say that I would like to meet everyone here so far. Good bunch you are Very Happy
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 03:54 am
Apart from everybody else I would like to meet for sympathy reasons, I'd be pleased to have meetings with:

- HighSeas, to check out if she can lullaby me with equations of Abelian space, under the full moon.

- Ticomaya, for his peculiar trapezist skills.

- Hamburger, for food opposite to his username.

- Lash, to see her lashing on me (hey, figuratively!)

- Spendius, for my first evening in a pub.

- Joe Nation, just for a talk.

More, later...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:52 am
I don't know . . . i've met me, and i wasn't impressed. You might suffer a great many disappointments if you got your wish, Cyclo . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 05:16 am
Where are the pictures, Frank?

Joe(not that goofy one, just the others)Nation
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:30 am
I think everyone here is wonderful and i would love to meet all of you.

I can freely name the people I dont want to bother meeting.. that would be an easy list to come up with.

Who i WOULD want to meet?probably about 90% of the regular posters

Lets see..
I want to go to a Misfits concert with Boom Smile
I want to work on a car with Rocky
I want to ride a cruiser bike with Cyclop around town lake , though.. you can keep the cliff bars to yourself. hehe
I want to go bar hopping with Mame . (several times hehehe)
I need to have lunch with Chai
I want to sit down to dinner with Edgar, Farmer, Set and Dys, and try to instigate a food fight.
I want Walter to teach me German.
I want to go to Asia with CI
I want JPB , Montana, Jespah, Bella, Izzie, Diane, Mame and myself to go have a weekend at a beach some where.. Taking a bunch of 1 dollar bills and sexually harassing single men by sticking them in their pants..
I wanna go fishing with Sublime
I want to go to New York and jog with Joe. Then harass the busboy Kicky, and watch Frank sleep on a curb.
Sometime, Im going to Michigan and hanging out with Miss bella. Whether she likes it or not.
Have done it before, but want to do it again- Hang out with the New Mexico crowd... feed Roger some cheese.. Watch the nun get tipsy, make fun of Dys' corvette ..tease Dolly with a laser pointer.. Have some wine on the famous patio...

I want to see Bear in action. Play some good hair band music, have a few drinks, giggle at him with Squinney.. you get the picture .

Nimh needs to come stateside too. Though i would absolutely travel across the water to meet him. Camera in hand, I would love to hang out with him for several days.
Then skip to Hawaii, take photos again with Sglass.. since she lives on that beautiful island.. ( Im jealous) ... swim over to California and shop with calamity jane..

Then I need to hunt down that fat red kid Gargamel. Load up on some good drinks ,walk around town with him + a squirt gun and feed him smurfs. Lets see what happens.

Wanna shoot the **** with Ebrown and freeduck,.. and then I would end my world trip by tying myself to the earth so that I could hang out at the bottom with Dadpad.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:31 am
OH.. yeah..

I think i want to meet this Stillwater guy too.

he is the only other person who freely uses the word **** as if it were a super common noun.

**** it all.. anyone who can talk like I do.. I need to ******* meet . Smile