Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

RABEL222

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 03:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Greed?
izzythepush

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 03:47 pm
@Foofie,
You really are the personification of hypocrisy Fluff. Romeo is from Plymouth, although his local football team has a big fat zero in terms of England caps, he's from England nonetheless.

Quote:
Why are you even on this forum? That is the real question. Americans are so different than the British and their culture. What do you find on here, since just about everyone is a North American? Are you condescending to teach us the right way to think?

http://able2know.org/topic/193275-17#post-5492916
I see you do a volte face whenever anyone agrees with you.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 03:54 pm
Izzy said:
Quote:
Romeo is from Plymouth, although his local football team has a big fat zero in terms of England caps, he's from England nonetheless

I was born in Leicester and lived there 50-odd years before coming to Plymouth.
In fact I had a trial for Leicester City Football Club in 1969 aged 21 and I scored twice in our team of triallists 4-2 victory against the other triallists team and went home to wait for the expected arrival of the manager with the sign-up papers.
I'm still waiting (sniffle)
---------------------
Romeo: he shoots, he scores!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/swag80_zps72962e87.gif~original
Frank Apisa

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 04:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Izzy said:
Quote:
Romeo is from Plymouth, although his local football team has a big fat zero in terms of England caps, he's from England nonetheless

I was born in Leicester and lived there 50-odd years before coming to Plymouth.
In fact I had a trial for Leicester City Football Club in 1969 aged 21 and I scored twice in our team of triallists 4-2 victory against the other triallists team and went home to wait for the expected arrival of the manager with the sign-up papers.
I'm still waiting (sniffle)

Mighta been your personality.

Football is a team sport...and some personalities are just not worth the bother.
Foofie

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 04:52 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Ironically, the State of Israel will eventually become Arab within a few generations seeing as how the Arab population is growing faster than the Jewish one.

In the end it will have been much ado about nothing, or at the very least, very little.

That might be what liberal media promulgate; however, over 50% of Israel are Sephardic Jews from the Arab countries (post 1957). They too have large families, having lived in those Arab countries for the last 3,500 years, or so. I am not so sure of your prediction; however, it can be a shade of gray, so to speak, like the WASP's of the U.S. (smaller percentage of the population, but still the movers and shakers). But, it's nice to know you are so conscious of what Jews are doing (read sarcastic).
izzythepush

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 04:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
There's a lot of trials, and a lot of hopefuls. I've known quite a few blokes who could have been contenders.

Your point about a team sport is well taken.

One of our top players, Rickie Lambert, has been called up to play for England on Friday. He used to work in a factory canning beetroot, and he had to make his way up through the lower divisions.

Instead of playing for England he could still be working in the factory, telling stories.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 05:01 pm
1969 was way back in the stone age, so no way was a First Division pro soccer team going to sign up a hippy look-alike like me, no matter how brilliant I was at hitting the back of the net..Smile
Here's how I used to look over the years-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Mick-gallery.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/pos-swags.gif~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/mklde-jpg_zps7b468487.jpg~original
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 05:07 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Foofie wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Jewish identity, as a nationalist ideology, is predicated upon religious mythologies and 19th century European nationalism.

However, the religious mythologies that gave us Catholic Europe and Protestant Europe/America/Austrialia/Canada/New Zealand serves as a safe haven for those who follow Christ. But, Jews had to deal with two-millenia of anti-Semitism, culminating in the Holocaust, since no safe haven existed for them. And, by the way, those followers of Christ were really not hospitable to Jews, in the full sense of the word. An ethnocentric Israel exists because of the intractable mental illness of anti-Semitism, that originated in Christian Europe, and has spread around the world. It's really quite simple.

You seem to believe, in my opinion, that no other countries are ethnocentric. Well, not in name, but in deed.

Sure, but "Jewish" indignation doesn't justify the Zionists' repression of the Palestinian peoples. This is even simpler.

You are funny in my opinion. You are calling the desire to survive beyond the anti-Semitism that seems to have moved from Nazi Germany to the Middle East "indignation"? You seem, in my opinion, to wrap your anti-Israel rhetoric in a veneer of intellectualism.

How did you first begin to see Israel from your perspective? I mean, do you not care that Jews barely survived the Holocaust in Western Europe? Note that Germany has the U.S. and NATO to protect it, and they were the perpetrators of the atrocities. Good Germans. But Israel, for wanting to survive as a haven for the Holocaust survivors, and somewhere that Sephardic Jews (Arab Jews) can live without being second class citizens, as they did in Arab countries, are bad Jews?

O.K. you are not an anti-Semite. But, you might have some other problem with your thinking ability? I think it might be that you see Israel as only a country for European Jews. It is really a country where Arab Jews and Ethiopean Jews can, for the first time in 3,500 years not be second class citizens. They will out populate the European Jews, and through the wonder of a universal draft will develop a mixed breed to Israeli, that is already way under way (aka, Sabra).

You seem to be closed minded, in my opinion. Who gave you your perspective? It really does not sound philo-Semitic. You seem to offer no compromises. So, in my opinion, you are not siding with the Palestineans, but the Arab perspective of eradicating Israel, or am I wrong?

Foofie

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 05:25 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

I can understand Israel's psychological and emotional need to have their own home, but for the love of me, I cannot understand Israeli government's policies towards the defenseless Palestinians who are the indigenous people in the area; the Pals can trace their roots back to the time of the ancient Israel. I do not see why Israel continues to take land from the Palestinians, and why the continued occupation of the disputed territories.

In my opinion, the government has to be a government for the people. The majority of Israelis today are either Sephardic, or mixes (Sabras). Their families were second class citizens for the last few millenia in Arab lands.

When wars were fought (1948, 1957, 1967, 1973) against Arab armies, the Sephardim, I've heard, had a greater desire to kill the enemy, than the European Israeli. What people might not really appreciate is that Israel today is not a safe haven for the Holocaust survivors, but a country that due to its majority population has a relationship with Arabs for much longer than 1948. And, that relationship was not good, even though it might seem so, in context of the European anti-Semitism that was once the culture du jour of much of Europe.

Regardless have a nice Hanukkah, and don't think it is a Jewish Christmas that somehow got moved this year to a less Christmasy date.
oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 05:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
"Jewish" indignation doesn't justify the Zionists' repression of the Palestinian peoples.

No such repression.
oralloy

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 05:42 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
I've done a lot of research on the Holocaust, trying to make sense of man's inhumanity to man.

Have you figured out your own gleeful support for sending innocent people to prison?

Moment-in-Time wrote:
I cannot understand Israeli government's policies towards the defenseless Palestinians who are the indigenous people in the area;

Well to start with, you've gotten a number of facts wrong.

The Palestinians are not indigenous to the West Bank. That is the Israelis' homeland. The Palestinians come from somewhere else.

And the Palestinians are not defenseless. They do nothing but continuously try to murder innocent people (children if they can manage it).

As for Israeli policies, that is easy. They refuse to allow themselves to be massacred by people who refuse to make peace.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
the Pals can trace their roots back to the time of the ancient Israel.

They can indeed trace their roots back to that time. But those roots lie outside ancient Israel.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
I do not see why Israel continues to take land from the Palestinians,

Israel has never taken any land from the Palestinians, because the Palestinians have never had any land to take.

Israel has in fact given land to the Palestinians, in the hopes that doing so would lead to peace.

Israel would have given the Palestinians even more land if the Palestinians had ever been willing to make peace.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
and why the continued occupation of the disputed territories.

That's easy: Because the Palestinians refuse to make peace.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Today, a lot of that warm sentiment for the Jews, has dissipated,

You speak only for the anti-Semites.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
largely because of the callousness visited upon the Palestinians and the many killings of these people by the Israeli government.

Preventing the Palestinians from murdering your children is hardly callousness.
Advocate

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 06:22 pm
@oralloy,
Moment is a bit of a moron. She recently said that the Muslims largely occupied the area 2,000 years ago. How could that[choke] happen?
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 07:29 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:

Regardless have a nice Hanukkah, and don't think it is a Jewish Christmas that somehow got moved this year to a less Christmasy date.

Happy Hanukkah to you,Foofie.

Me, I'm a godless individual. I believe mankind is a byproduct of nature. We are finite. Earthquakes, floods, tornadoes have killed far more people. There are estimates that the number of dead in the Philippines might be as high as 10,000. The Holocaust was the darker side of the nature of man, just one of the myriad atrocities man has visited on his own kind since the beginning of our existence. I remember reading the Romans feeding the Christians to the lions. Stalin in the 20th Century starved 7,000,000 of his own citizens. So much human suffering on a level that's almost unimaginable!

Hopefully, one day, our species will advance to that level when we will have learned to be kinder to each other.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 07:40 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Greed?

For the Israeli politicians, yes. For the religious settlers, well they're under the delusion a god gave them all of Palestine and are right to kick the Palestinians out. Deliver me from fundamentalist religious fruits.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 09:02 pm
Hey Moment you say in your profile- "I am a non-believer in gods......I believe absolutely in the existence of a higher intelligence...superior to our own... in other galaxies within the Universe"
Well God is a higher intelligence isn't he?
"Is not God in the heights of heaven? And see how lofty are the highest stars!....praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above, whose power is in the skies." (Job 22:12,Psalm 68:33-34)

And Jesus said- "I am not of this world" (John 8:23) so technically that makes him an alien doesn't it?..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/ancient-skies.gif~original

RABEL222

Mon 11 Nov, 2013 09:23 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
AMEN!!!!!!
JTT

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 10:37 am
@RABEL222,
sniff sniff lick lick
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Well God is a higher intelligence isn't he?

RF, the subject of religion is subjective and a personal experience with the individual. In your world if this is what you believe, so be it. I believe mankind is finite and when we're gone, we're gone. "I will defend to the death" your right to your spiritual belief and hope my sentiment for you will be reciprocated.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:36 am
Moment said- @RF, the subject of religion is subjective and a personal experience with the individual..
---------------------------------------------------------------------

But Jesus was solid flesh and blood and seen by thousands, he arrived on earth and said- "I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going..I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14,Matt 13:35)
so I'd call that "Alien Contact", wouldn't you?..Wink
Advocate

Tue 12 Nov, 2013 12:57 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
What a big lie! Israel's leaders worked hard to come to an agreement relative to the creation of Pal state. The Pals walked away from every such effort, usually without any counter proposals.

The Pal leaders are afraid of assassination for agreeing to anything, with some holding out for the demise of Israel.
0 Replies