What's up with people? Don't they listen anymore?

Mame

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 02:57 pm
@spendius,
Well, I don't work in retail. I know my limitations.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 03:23 pm
@Mame,
Those are traditionally called half-belts, though I expect not many people in retail know that sort of thing anymore til you get to a Holt Renfrew level of shop.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 03:30 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You don't want to wash dishes, Reyn... it's filthy job and you want to talk about unappreciated?? It's called the "dish pit" for a reason. Unless, of course, you're in a nursing home or somewhere like that where they don't get slammed.

Mame, I worked for the Mennonites out here for a few months last year in their main seniors housing complex (assisted living). Most of the dishes /pans (98%) went through an automatic dishwasher and was a breeze to operate. I didn't mind it at all. I just didn't like the stuff I had to do in the dining room.

Paul Esposito (the fellow who had 3 of his pubs burned down (arson) in Abby a while back) is building another complex near the university out here. Should be open in early 2009. I'm thinking seriously of applying there when it does. He pays better than most, too.
Mame

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 06:31 pm
@Reyn,
Washing dishes in a nursing home is easy compared to a busy restaurant that has periodic "slams" - when they are full up... the change-over in custom is relentless and so are the dishes! Plus, the prep cooks use a lot of implements and pots Smile I should know! And if you're using an antiquated dishwasher, you often have to stop and repair it, clean it out, reset it and whatnot. Nasty.

I hope you find the job you want in the New Year, Reyn. Working is fun when you enjoy it. Good luck.
0 Replies