Throwing Shoes at President Bush

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 08:16 am
There is also a very good chance the shoes would hit their intended target
because Obama won't see it coming, he will be focused on his teleprompter.
revel

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 09:20 am
Quote:
I bet you a dollar protesters would throw their shoes at Obama if he went to Iraq today.

Don't know jack about poker but I raise you ten that they wouldn't.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 09:24 am
@H2O MAN,
Shoes are a symbol of ****. When the tradition grew up the streets in that part of the world were full of ****. In the cities I mean. Which is where opinion is forged. In rural areas they throw real ****.

They take their shoes off entering their houses.

Everybody here admired the aplomb of Mr Bush.

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:21 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Yes, GW's coolness was very presidential.
revel

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:27 am
@H2O MAN,
I'll give you that, the joke and the dodge was cool.

I would imagine; however, that GW wishes he could have done without the cool reaction and stayed on the message of selling the Iraq war as some kind of success the Iraqis were grateful for instead of having thousands protesting in the arrest of the guy who threw the shoe in a statement of contempt for both GW and the war.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:32 am
@revel,

Wouldn't you agree that a small group of protesters in that neck of the woods with pre-printed left wing slogans smells a little fishy?

This insignificant march was staged by our enemies as propaganda in an effort to further disrupt progress and nothing more.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:42 am
@spendius,
Quote:

Thar wasn't aplomb, Spendi, that was the rank stupidity he has always shown. The man has no conception of appropriate behavior.

The symbolism expressed captured the essence of the man perfectly.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:46 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

spendius wrote:

Yes, GW's coolness was very presidential.

In time, Americans, and even the world will look back and wish for another George Bush.
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 01:03 pm
@okie,
I think that quite likely.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 01:15 pm
@revel,
It's interesting how Bush and his supporters continue to send the message that Iraq "is a success." Even after recent reports that a) the reconstruction projects have been total failures, b) 2/3rds of the professionals migrated elsewhere, and 3) there's still no "end-game."

That doesn't even mention some of the future problems of their democracy, such as 1) Iran has greater influence of their government than does the US, 2) the parliament is in shambles with constant bickering on issues, and 3) al Sadr will never agree with any legislation put forth that has anything to do with the US.

Yes, the violence was reduced with the "surge," but if Bush and his criminals had listened to General Shinseki, this level of violence would have been reduced to current levels from the beginning of the war rather than five years later. All those "progress reports" by Bush is not only laughable, but a crime for sacrificing our soldiers and some 100,000 innocent Iraqis unnecessarily.
revel

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 01:19 pm
Quote:
In time, Americans, and even the world will look back and wish for another George Bush.

In time, Americans, and even the world will look back and realize there really is a santa claus.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 05:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's interesting how Bush and his supporters continue to send the message that Iraq "is a success."

That's because it is a success and this success is spreading even though the press
and people like yourself hate the fact that victory is within reach and emanate.

A little positive support from you and those like you is all that is required to win.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 05:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
could you please name specifics on how Iraq...the ENTIRE country is a success?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 05:51 pm
@H2O MAN,
No, it's because we could have been at this same "low violence state" if Bush and Rummy had listened to General Shinseki about initial troop levels in Iraq.

If you consider over 4,000 US military and some 100,000 innocent Iraqis dead, and spending some $10 billion every month in Iraq as a success, what ever happened to your brain?

But then, I repeat myself.
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 06:37 pm
Iraq is a large country. What goes on in those places where cameras can safely go is not necessarily a true reflection of what is going on. They all have a vote now. It's a start. Rome wasn't built in a day.

One might imagine New York as typical of America if one only saw the programmes made there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 06:44 pm
George Bush's IQ = 122
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 06:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's certainly well above average. I wouldn't dare speculate on your's ci.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 07:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

But then, I repeat myself.

ci, they do have medications and treatments for your particular affliction.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 08:27 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
One might imagine New York as typical of America if one only saw the programmes made there.

Thank goodness it isn't typical!
JTT

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 11:02 pm
@spendius,
Why not take a stroll down to your favorite Baghdad pub, Spendi. You wouldn't make it ten paces out of the green/chickenshit zone. Why not treat H20man and okie to a beer too.
0 Replies