Throwing Shoes at President Bush

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 09:58 am

You get the feeling that if the shoe were on the other foot and Cyclotroll was the
target of a shoe thrower... the shoe thrower would be in a shallow grave right now.
revel

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:22 am
@okie,
Quote:
More observations, the man should not be beaten or tortured. Punishment should fit the crime, such as maybe not allowing him in as part of the press corp anymore. Also, just because people are demonstrating to turn the man loose does not mean they all thought he should have done what he did, nor does it mean a majority of Iraqis agree with the demonstrators, far from it.

Once again your observations are not backed up with any confirming facts. In fact the opposite is true and is backed up by facts.

Quote:
His act has come to symbolize the feelings of thousands of Iraqis who are fed up with the U.S. occupying force.

He is by now probably aware that he has become an unlikely hero to thousands of Iraqis and Arabs across the region who are proud of him for insulting the man they cannot forgive for invading and occupying a country in this region.

http://gdb.rferl.org/A671A010-C8B6-437D-AC78-F07B3A021802_w203_s.jpg

source
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:24 am
@H2O MAN,
If anyone threw a shoe at Saddam Hussein, where would that person be right now? If the man had any sense, he should have thrown flowers to Bush.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:27 am
@okie,
That's like saying thank God I'm able to eat this chicken **** for dinner...it's lighter than that bullshit I was served before.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:29 am
@okie,
Quote:

Hey cyclos, I would buy a used car from George Bush before I would buy one from you. Besides, you are so partisan, I don't think you would care what a consumer needed or wanted, as your interest would be your own. You would tell me what I should want and need.

Haha, I sold Dodge Pickup trucks one year to pay for college, and I didn't make my money by telling people what they needed; but by listening to what they wanted. Your scenario fails.

Quote:

More observations, the man should not be beaten or tortured.

And yet, that's exactly what happened to him. For that is what we have done to Iraq. In your mind you will never square this circle, Okie.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:32 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You need to ask who is doing the cooking, Bear? We helped get rid of the old cook, but it is up to the Iraqis to get a decent cook in the kitchen. I know its trendy to blame everything onto America, at least it is from some people, but I don't think we deserve all the blame for every problem in every country. At some point, grow up, that includes countries, grow up and take some responsibility. We can't be your parent forever.
okie

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

More observations, the man should not be beaten or tortured.

And yet, that's exactly what happened to him. For that is what we have done to Iraq. In your mind you will never square this circle, Okie.

Cycloptichorn

Pathetic. If we had done nothing, people like him would be in mass graves. Again, blame us for the beating. You are downright pathetic, cyclops. Blame America First crowd. You are their poster boy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:44 am
@okie,
then lets get out of the kitchen...
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:49 am

Rolling Eyes Cyclotroll has such a negative and narrow view of the world.
okie

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:53 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

We are on our way. We are washing the pots and pans and mopping the floor as we get ready to leave.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:00 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

We are on our way. We are washing the pots and pans and mopping the floor as we get ready to leave.

Nobody ******* invited us into the kitchen to begin with, Okie.

That's the whole point, the one you ignoramuses can't seem to keep in the front of your mind. Yes, we got rid of a bad guy, but the cost has been high and there are apparently bad guys - who are even bigger allies of our enemy Iran - left in their place. And hundreds of thousands dead and wounded. Some cleaning job; we mopped the place with blood.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:09 am

Cyclotroll is the #1 ignoramus that just does not get it...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:16 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo, You must be careful when you use the largest paint brush to describe Iran. Most Iranians like Americans; just their government is the friction built between us and "them."
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Cyclo, You must be careful when you use the largest paint brush to describe Iran. Most Iranians like Americans; just their government is the friction built between us and "them."

I know. I should have put quote marks around 'enemy,' but forgot.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:17 am
@H2O MAN,
Sure; this is from Reuters today:
Quote:
In contrast, Bush earned positive job reviews from 24 percent in the poll, slightly higher than the record Zogby-poll low of 21 percent in October. Bush, architect of the unpopular Iraq war, has been dogged by some of the lowest approval ratings in U.S. presidential history.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:30 am
@cicerone imposter,

What does any of that nonsense have to do with Cyclotroll's negative and narrow view of the world?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:34 am
@H2O MAN,
It's because it goes way above your head - like the shoe.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:40 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Nobody ******* invited us into the kitchen to begin with, Okie.Cycloptichorn

Would you wait for an invite if your neighbor was mass murdering his household and threatening his neighbors?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:43 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Nobody ******* invited us into the kitchen to begin with, Okie.Cycloptichorn

Would you wait for an invite if your neighbor was mass murdering his household and threatening his neighbors?

First, Iraq is not our neighbor.

Second, vigilante justice - such as what we tried to do - usually has terrible results, and that's what we saw here. So yeah, I might not wait for an invite; but I wouldn't just charge in like an idiot, which is what Bush did, and idiots like you supported the whole thing, no matter how bad it got.

Now for some reason you expect people to forget about your errors, about how wrong all of you were about the WMD and the case for war. I didn't forget, Okie. You bunch are discredited and don't know **** about what is and isn't good foreign policy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:50 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Don't forget that the United States, under Reagan, supported and supplied Saddam while he was mass murdering and threatening his neighbors.

Didn't seem to be a reason to invade and occupy the country back then, did it?
0 Replies