Caylee Anthony Murder Case

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:27 pm
Child's body found

Quote:
ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- Authorities cordoned off the home of missing toddler Caylee Anthony's grandparents on Thursday, hours after the remains of a small child were found nearby.

We must wait now for the remains to be identified.

chai2

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:28 pm
damn
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:39 pm
"Prosecutors said this month that they would not seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony. If convicted of murder, she could be sentenced to life in prison."

they ought to lock her in a room with a good solid beam and a length of rope, and not open the door until she does what's appropriate

Debra Law

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:10 pm
In a jail-house conversation with her mother (Cindy Anthony), Casey said the following about Caylee:

Cindy: And your gut tells you she's close....

Casey: She's not far. I know in my heart she's not far. I can feel it.

SOURCE: Clip from Larry King Show

As noted in the opening post, the remains of a child's body were found near George and Cindy Anthony's house. If those are Caylee's remains, then Casey was telling the truth: Caylee was not far away.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:54 pm
Casey Anthony's defense team has filed an emergency motion with the Court:

Quote:
Thursday Dec. 11, 2008

5:18 PM ET - The defense just files an emergency motion concerning the remains of a small child discovered in woods near the Anthony home. The defense says if the remains are determined to be Caylee Anthony, they want their own experts present for all forensic testing, including DNA or autopsy. (From Stacey Newman, Nancy Grace Producer)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/08/NGfindcayleeblog/index.html

0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:47 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

they ought to lock her in a room with a good solid beam and a length of rope, and not open the door until she does what's appropriate

That's pretty harsh.
I'll second it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 06:37 pm
I just hope they line up enough clear evidence to show for certain what happened to that little girl.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 06:48 pm
CAYLEE'S CLOTHES

Quote:
The sheriff's office in Orange County, Florida, said it is seeking a warrant to search the home of George and Cindy Anthony. Sheriff Kevin Beary said the home has been secured "pending more investigation....

No clothes were found with the remains, Beary said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/11/child.remains.found/?iref=hpmostpop

No clothes . . . .

Here's an excerpt from an article that was posted nearly a month ago on NOVEMBER 18, 2008:

Padilla Aide Recalls Conversations With Casey

Quote:
In August, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla posted her $500,000 bond. For the next 10 days, Padilla said, Anthony was plenty chatty with his associate Tracy McLaughlin.

"She would drop little statements like that when she was being driven to the attorney's office and when she was being driven back when she was with Tracy," Padilla said.

In the first information released regarding the 10 days Padilla spent with Anthony, he said her remarks rebutted what was being said on TV. A lead investigator confirms that during one of those trips, Anthony blurted out "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing" about those searching for Caylee.

That investigator called Anthony’s comment "an important statement." So does Padilla.

"Everything's been a game to her. That statement they haven't even found the clothes yet leads us to believe the clothing were somewhere but not in proximity of the body," Padilla said.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 07:23 pm
Tipster who found skull had called police to the scene in August

Quote:
Investigators probing the disappearance of a Florida toddler say they've found more bones that appear to be a child's near where a skull was found last week " and that police were called to the scene back in August by the same tipster who alerted them to the skull.

Authorities have said they believe the skull belongs to Caylee Anthony because of its size and location. It turned up a few blocks from where the toddler lived with her mother and grandparents. The 2-year-old was reported missing in July.

On Thursday, Orange County Sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said authorities found further "significant" skeletal remains in the same area.

Nieves said that a tipster had called police on Dec. 11. It was the same person who had alerted authorities three times in August to the same location, Nieves said.

Nieves said a deputy had gone out to the same location in August.

"We are trying to determine what (the deputy) did on scene in August," Nieves said.

This is odd.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 03:33 pm
Authorities confirm remains are Caylee Anthony's

Quote:
ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- The remains found in a wooded area last week in Orange County, Florida, are those of Caylee Anthony, authorities confirmed at a news conference Friday.

"It is with regret that I'm here to inform you that the skeletal remains found December 11 are those of the missing toddler," said Dr. Jan Garavaglia, the Orange County medical examiner.

The remains were confirmed to be Caylee's through a DNA match, authorities said.

Garavaglia said the cause of death was homicide, but she could not determine how Caylee was killed....

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 06:45 pm
Another circumstance in the circumstantial evidence case against Casey Anthony:

Behind the 'One Tree Hill'-Caylee Anthony Murder Connection

Quote:
JAMIE COLBY, FOX NEWS GUEST HOST: A big question tonight--what role did the TV show "One Tree Hill" play in the death of Caylee Anthony? Authorities are looking very closely at one episode in particularly, alleging Casey did some research on Google about a nanny kidnapping on the hit TV show. Could that be where Casey's alibi about nanny-snatching came from?

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:41 am
@Debra Law,
Yesterday marked the beginning of Casey Anthony's trial. I know one is supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty but I have to say, what the defense is claiming is an outrage to me and looks like a desperate attempt on their part.

This happened three years ago and just NOW Casey Anthony makes these claims? Her parents have been there behind her throughout this whole mess and Casey's lawyer's opening statement..........................I think it was and is a big mistake and I cannot imagine how her parents, especially her father, must be feeling.

I'm curious as to your view on it Debra.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 09:30 am
I do have to admit that I am a bit perplexed at what seems to be a lack of interest in this case. I am not talking about just on A2K but in general.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 10:03 am
The trial so far hasn't been all that riveting. Right now, George Anthony is on the stand and the defense is grilling him. He has been accused by the defense of sexually molesting Casey and being involved in the covering up of the defense's claim that Caylee's drowned in the grandparents pool and he found her and helped Casey cover it up. It's horrible to see him go through this. I didn't know it but it seems he had seriously contemplated suicide after Caylee's death and had even left a note. Whether it is admitted into evidence this afternoon remains to be seen. Court just recessed until 1:30pm for lunch.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 01:25 pm
How can CNN News be reporting the defense has rested without Casey Anthony testifying when while I am posting this, the trial is still being televised live?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/30/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 02:15 pm
Okay, my bad! Seems what of the trial was still going on was things that needed to be taken care out outside of the jury's presence. I guess there will be closing arguments and instructions to the jury tomorrow. I am guessing the jury won't be out very long. You never can tell with a jury though.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:30 pm
Is 1st degree murder the only possible verdict? If the jury has no other option, they may have to acquit.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't know if they could find her guilty of a lesser charge. But I'm afraid I have to agree. I believe she did it but I don't believe it was proven she did it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 09:37 pm
I haven't followed all of this, or any of it - which is odd in itself in that I tend to be interested in trials.

In this case, I viscerally do not like the woman - all before knowing any facts. So, I recuse myself. I'm biased before thought, so useless as a commenter.

Will read along, though.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:09 am
@edgarblythe,
I was listening in this morning on radio show - they were interviewing a woman who has sat in during the entire trial - she works as a juror analyst, but also does commentary on trials. She thought from the juror non-verbal signals that the jury would determine guilty, but of second degree murder rather than 1st degree (so lesser guilty verdict must be an option).
0 Replies