Illinois Governor Arrested

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:08 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

More than innuendo, its history, joe. If you are from Chicago, you should know that by now?

Just as I suspected: you have no idea what you're talking about. You're only interested in spreading unsubstantiated slanders, not in actually arguing a valid position. Crawl back in your hole, you pathetic vermin.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:13 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
I think they should ask Pete Fitzgerald to go back as a place-holder until a special election in the spring, or even to fill the final two years. Peter Fitzgerald wouldn't be interested in seeking reelection in 2010, he's a Republican with one six-year term in the Senate (his choice).

Weeeeell, not exactly. Fitzgerald didn't run for reelection because he probably suspected (with a good deal of justification) that he'd lose. That's because he not only would have faced a strong Democratic challenger (regardless of who won the primary -- it just happened to be Barack Obama), but because he probably would have faced a challenge in the GOP primary as well.

JPB wrote:
He's highly respected within IL and would have instant credibility in IL and Washington. As a Republican, he wouldn't be tainted with Cullerton's Chicago ties. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

One small problem with that: Fitzgerald is no longer an Illinois resident. Last I heard, he was living in the DC area. Unless Illinois wants another Alan Keyes scenario, I don't think anyone will be looking beyond the state's borders for a replacement senator.
okie

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:15 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

okie wrote:

More than innuendo, its history, joe. If you are from Chicago, you should know that by now?

Just as I suspected: you have no idea what you're talking about. You're only interested in spreading unsubstantiated slanders, not in actually arguing a valid position. Crawl back in your hole, you pathetic vermin.

You are obviously another Obama apologist, Joe. You don't see anything funny about the real estate deals in regard to Obama's house? Have a nice day.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
Simple solution; appoint Fitzgerald to Senate in return for dropping all charges.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:20 pm
@joefromchicago,
okie's imagination seems to go hog-wild with most of his opinions not based on facts or any evidence to support it.
okie

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It takes a real imagination to believe Obama is pure as the wind driven snow, ci!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:28 pm
@joefromchicago,
Actually, I see all of those as reasons to draft him to sit in the seat -- at least temporarily.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:29 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
You are obviously another Obama apologist, Joe.

Yeah, right.
http://able2know.org/topic/117684-1

okie wrote:
You don't see anything funny about the real estate deals in regard to Obama's house?

No. But perhaps you'd like to explain it to me in detail, since you seem to know so much about it.
JPB

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:29 pm
@roger,
Which Fitzgerald -- Peter or Patrick?

We like Patrick right where he is.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 01:39 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

okie wrote:
You are obviously another Obama apologist, Joe.

Yeah, right.
http://able2know.org/topic/117684-1

Well, Joe, you've seen one Obama supporter, you've seen them all. We do all tend to look and think alike.

http://ronpaulblogs.com/files/2008/08/aliens-support-obama.jpg
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 02:38 pm
Quote:
Obama team: review shows no inappropriate contact
(Associated Press, December 15, 2008)

President-elect Barack Obama’s team says an internal review shows his staff “was not involved in inappropriate discussions” with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich over the selection of Obama’s Senate successor.

An Obama spokesman says Monday in a statement that Obama’s lawyer Gregory Craig has kept federal prosecutors informed of the internal review “in order to ensure our full cooperation with the investigation” into allegations against the governor. Blagojevich was arrested last week on federal fraud and bribery charges, including allegations of a scheme to profit from his power to appoint Obama’s replacement.

Obama spokesman Dan Pfeiffer says he won’t release details of the review at least until the week of December 22 at the request of prosecutors.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 04:24 pm
@joefromchicago,
Joe, anyone that apologizes for a politician's missteps is an apologist for them.

The land deal, as I have researched it, I hope I have the basics right, apparently Rezko's wife and Obama bought land and the house, respectively, from a landowner on the very same day, indicating a bundled pair of purchases represented to the seller of the property. Obviously the seller would not consider each purchase alone, but both in totality in terms of what they would receive for the property. Rezko paid more than the land was apparently worth, the asking price, and this has been strongly indicated by a corrupted appraisal process, as indicated in the following, while Obama paid 300,000 less than the asking price:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/18/whistleblower-hits-obama-friends-appraisal/

So while the adjacent land was being purchased for over price, based upon a corrupted appraisal process, apparently a phony appraisal, Obama purchased the house for 300,000 less than asking price, thus the owner received 300,000 less than total asked for both land and house, indicating the Rezkos helped the Obama's purchase their house at a reduced price by virtue of overpaying for the land, part of which was later sold to the Obama's to add to their property.

Now, as an apologist for Obama, you will undoubtedly recognize nothing haywire about this land deal that was engineered by Obama and his friend and political financier, now convicted felon, but I think as a Chicagoan familiar with Chicago politics, you should not be that naive, Joe.
JPB

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 06:49 pm
Step 1 -- unanimous vote to form investigative committee.

Quote:
The Illinois House voted 113-0 today to begin impeachment proceedings against Gov. Rod Blagojevich by creating an investigations committee to consider allegations that the two-term Democrat abused his office and may have participated in criminal activity.

The vote came six days after Blagojevich was arrested at his home on federal charges that included allegedly trying to peddle the vacant Senate seat of President-elect Barack Obama. The committee is scheduled to have its first hearing tomorrow morning. source
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 06:58 pm
@joefromchicago,
It's interesting how okie seems to care about a land deal that Obama made in Chicago vs the many Bush crimes that are ignored by said okie.
okie

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 07:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I care about real crimes, ci, not fictitious political crimes as figments of the imagination in the heads of Bush Haters.

Thats why this likely bribery case with the governor is so important. If any Obama staffer entertained or listened to, without reporting it, the offers of bribery, as directed by Obama, Obama should be toast. And don't believe for a minute that Emanuel did anything without it being Obama's bidding, ci, if you do, you are mighty naive.

If guilt is there, I don't look for anything to happen because the Obama apologisits will come out in full force, count on it. The spin is already replacing sincere curiosity in this case.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 07:39 pm
@okie,
WOW, Okie...

"I care about real crimes, ci, not fictitious political crimes as figments of the imagination in the heads of Bush Haters."

substitute Obama for Bushie, and ... There is YOU...

How's Rush?

(dammit i hate it when it's so obvious... Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 07:57 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Joe, anyone that apologizes for a politician's missteps is an apologist for them.

I suppose I should consider that to be an authoritative definition, coming as it does from a confirmed Bush apologist.

okie wrote:
The land deal, as I have researched it, I hope I have the basics right, apparently Rezko's wife and Obama bought land and the house, respectively, from a landowner on the very same day, indicating a bundled pair of purchases represented to the seller of the property.

You're wrong. The bids didn't come in on the same day, and the two transactions were handled completely separately. The bid on the side lot (which Rezko later purchased) actually was made by another developer before Obama made his bid. The two lots simply closed on the same day. Nothing ominous about that: no doubt the sellers just wanted to take care of everything on the same day, rather than make two trips.

okie wrote:
Obviously the seller would not consider each purchase alone, but both in totality in terms of what they would receive for the property. Rezko paid more than the land was apparently worth, the asking price, and this has been strongly indicated by a corrupted appraisal process, as indicated in the following, while Obama paid 300,000 less than the asking price:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/18/whistleblower-hits-obama-friends-appraisal/

Are you that dumb? If the appraisal was crooked, that only suggests that Rezko was trying to defraud the bank into lending more on the property than it was worth. How could an inflated appraisal by the buyer have any effect on the sale (except to screw himself)?

In any event, Rezko paid $625,000 for the side lot, which was the asking price.

As for Obama paying less than the asking price: why wouldn't he? The sellers listed the house for $1.95 million. Obama paid $1.65 million, which was $150,000 more than his initial offer on the property. Two parties to a transaction agree to a price in the middle: where's the scandal?

okie wrote:
So while the adjacent land was being purchased for over price,

False

okie wrote:
based upon a corrupted appraisal process, apparently a phony appraisal,

Idiotic

okie wrote:
Obama purchased the house for 300,000 less than asking price, thus the owner received 300,000 less than total asked for both land and house,

Christ! Even your math is fucked up. You said that Rezko paid more than the asking price for the side lot, while Obama paid $300k less than the asking price, so the owner couldn't have received $300k less than the total asked for both properties.

okie wrote:
indicating the Rezkos helped the Obama's purchase their house at a reduced price by virtue of overpaying for the land, part of which was later sold to the Obama's to add to their property.

It indicates no such thing.

okie wrote:
Now, as an apologist for Obama, you will undoubtedly recognize nothing haywire about this land deal that was engineered by Obama and his friend and political financier, now convicted felon, but I think as a Chicagoan familiar with Chicago politics, you should not be that naive, Joe.

Oh, there's a lot that's haywire about the deal that you describe. That deal, however, has no resemblance to what actually happened -- and very little connection to reality in general.

For more information:
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/rezkotimeline.php
revel

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 08:05 pm
I just have one question for your okie. Why would Obama even need to be in any deal making of the sale of his senate seat? What could he get out of it that he don't already have? I mean he just won the presidency of the US, he don't need any more power from any such deal or anything else.
okie

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 08:19 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:

I just have one question for your okie. Why would Obama even need to be in any deal making of the sale of his senate seat? What could he get out of it that he don't already have? I mean he just won the presidency of the US, he don't need any more power from any such deal or anything else.

There could be something he needs, somebody he is connected with back in his home state, somebody that is in his pocket, that would mean something, I think that would be important to him, not that it is totally and absolutely necessary, but there is no doubt that Obama has a vested interest in who takes his place. It is not unexpected, probably even advised, that he would talk with the governor about it, and that is why I tend to not believe him when he pleads ignorance.

To back up, I have never asserted Obama is guilty of a crime. What we have is a mess in its beginning stages. We have a governor trying to engage in bribery, and we also have contradictory information about whether Obama has spoken with the governor, or whether any of his staff may have engaged in discussions, or simply if they knew of what the governor was trying to do with selling the seat, and whether they reported it or not. Because Obama has been less than forthcoming so far, and less than convincing, and because some of us don't trust Obama that far, I am very suspicious, okay, and thats all I have ever posted here in different ways, by citing the information we've learned as this unfolds.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 08:30 pm
@okie,
No, you don't have to "assert" anything. Your whole post smells of shite, because you infer things that are just not "there."
0 Replies