Illinois Governor Arrested

Wilso

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 02:39 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Please explain how Obama was involved in capitalizing off his replacement in the Senate.

Thank you.

Also, OBAMA IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT. WOO-HOO!

Just ignore it. Eventually it will get bored and slither back into the putrid malignant cesspool that spawned it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 02:52 pm
How did such a stupid idiot get elected governor? I hope he and his aide go to prison for a long time.

BBB
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 02:53 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB, it's simple, there are a lot of stupid people in Illinois.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 03:02 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I'm looking at various transcripts of his conversations...Jeez what an idiot!!!
I don't feel that the word "idiot" is fitting. An idiot doesn"t understand what he is doing- not the case here. He knew exactly what he was doing. I think the word "crook" or "thief" is far more fitting.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 03:12 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

How did such a stupid idiot get elected governor? I hope he and his aide go to prison for a long time.

BBB

What's hilarious is that Blago is the "reform" Governor Illinois elected to clean up after Ryan. Don't blame me; I was in Alabama at the time, where there is no such thing as corruption.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:08 pm
Is Blagojevich a democrat?
Gargamel

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:13 pm
Here's the imagine the NY Times posted with their article, rat poison warning sign in the foreground. Hilarious.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/12/09/us/09illinois9-190.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:20 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Because the republicans put up even worse options. Wanna know what I think of the two-party system?

prolly not...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:26 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

wandeljw wrote:

Governor Rod Blagojevich was arrested on federal charges Tuesday morning at his Northwest Side home.

It's about time!

Mr B was cheering this morning -- he'd been predicting this for over a year.

Gotta love Patrick Fitzgerald!
gungasnake

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:27 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:

But enough is enough.

That diatribe regarding the president-elect of the United States could only have been written by an unmitigated asshole.

Shooting the messenger, are we? I mean, if you guys are gonna put something like Barky Oinkbama and that Chicago machine in the whitehouse you're gonna need thicker skins and better senses of humor than that, it ain't gonna get better any time soon....

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:31 pm
@gungasnake,
it will get expoentially better on Jan 20th is nothing happens other than bush getting the **** out....
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:49 pm
Aren't we lucky that we got the one honest man in Chicago politics as our president-elect?

Amazing how he was able to climb to the top with playing the game.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:52 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

it will get expoentially better on Jan 20th

Better in what way(s)?

Other than GW's departure of course.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Amazing luck...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 04:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Actually, Finn, what I liked about him is that he hadn't been around long enough to be a player. There were many who were concerned about his lack of political experience. To me that was a plus.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:21 pm
@JPB,
But hasn't the happy gang been saying that Fitzpatrick can't be trusted? Wasn't he behind all of the evil attacks on Scooter and his friends?
JPB

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, he's an equal opportunity attack dog!

Mostly, I'm not as much convinced that IL politicians are any more crooked than the rest of them. We just happen to draw the lucky stick with our Federal Prosecutor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Fitzgerald
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:34 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Shooting the messenger, are we? I mean, if you guys are gonna put something like Barky Oinkbama and that Chicago machine in the whitehouse you're gonna need thicker skins and better senses of humor than that, it ain't gonna get better any time soon....
What do you mean? Were you just delivering that idiotic message for someone else? Or; were you accurately identified as the idiot that thinks Obama is somehow complicit in a conspiracy to sell a seat he no longer has or has any control over? Do tell… whose message were you delivering?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
that's enough for one day...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 05:41 pm
@JPB,
Oh, I've always liked Fitzpatrick, but there's a whole world of mmmm friends of George that haven't always expressed that same feeling.
0 Replies