Can a one-night-stand a good thing?

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:45 am
I've dated a girl recently. But later on, she revealed she has been forced by her parents to marry a rich man, although she doesn't love him. The marriage will take place soon and there is nothing she can do about it.

She said she wants to have a brief relationship with me, going somewhere on a holiday, and hopefully she would bear my child. She said at least this way she would have something she truly loved.

Should I be involved in this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,162 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:02 am
NO.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:08 am
@williamming,
Not sure what country you are from, but in the US a person's parents cannot force them to marry someone. So as I see it, there are a couple possibilities going on here.

1. You are not really serious and this whole question is bogus. In that case, quit wasting people's time.

2. You are from some other country where traditionally parents arrange marriages in which there is not much you can do to alter the situation and going off with this girl could get you (or her) killed, especially if she ends up pregnant by you.

3. This is a legit situation in the US and the girl is too stupid or too timid to go against her parents. Or, the girl is all for her upcoming marriage and just wants a fling with someone. In either case I would stay away since she would still marry the guy and they could come back against you for child support even if the guy she is marrying is rich. You would be the one up a creek if she ends up pregnant.

4. She is hoping a fling with you will result in pregnancy and hubby to be will then not want her. Again, you end up screwed with having to pay child support for the next 18 years. Is that what you want? If not, stay away.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:00 am
@CoastalRat,
In other words.....NO
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:01 am
@williamming,
Yeah, no. No.

I'm sure it's tempting, but don't do it!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 11:01 am
Just to clarify:
NO
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 12:06 pm
Well, I'd say yes to the lovin...but no to the kid-making.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 02:31 pm
@maporsche,
Apparently Maporsche is the only man in this thread.
Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:02 am
@williamming,
No! Under no circumstances! Never!

Oh, and run for the hills.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 10:04 am
@ebrown p,
Twisted Evil
0 Replies