Friendly Freaks Group (UK)

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:27 pm
@Izzie,
Wonderful photographs, as always, Iz.
I think you should consider quitting your day job & becoming a photographer for a living! (I'm serious.)

It's very good to see you back online, Iz.
Sending my very best wishes your way. Smile
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:42 pm
Wow, Iz. Beautiful photos. It is a great gift to be able to express yourself through them. I cannot always find the words for what I am feeling. The more intense the feelings, the more inarticulate I become, I think. I read the following poem today, and am glad that I can borrow it to express some of my thoughts.

THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
" Wendell Berry
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 05:15 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie - I'm glad you're okay.

Looking back at what i wrote now, I'm sorry if i over-reacted or if my post was presumptuous. I wrote it sincerely, in the hope that if you were very down, you would remember your camera - I'm sure you already knew most of what i said - but i know sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else. Kind of like a reminder. I don't think we should underestimate the creative/artistic. I've done a lot of therapy (with professionals, I should add) based on finding alternative ways of dealing with my own issues.

Another coping mechanism I use, when things get tough is to repeat to myself, 'One day at a time, mate. One day at a time.'
For some reason, it cheers me up just to say it. Smile

Take it easy and please, do post more pictures here when you want to.
Your work is truly valuable.
Olga's right you know - i can see you having an exhibition one day

all the best

endy

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:34 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
(Now I'm looking for dandelion salad recipes to post here!)

Here's Clara, Endy! Smile
Everything you ever wanted to know about harvesting, washing (especially washing! Wink ) & preparing a dandelion salad.
She looks pretty sprightly for a 94 year old, hey? (Must be all the dandelions she's eaten over the years!)

Joeblow

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:41 am
@Izzie,
WowwowWow.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:42 am
@msolga,
I love Clara!
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:44 am
@Joeblow,
Very Happy You do, Joe?
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:44 am
@djjd62,
Twisted Evil
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:50 am
@Joeblow,
Very Happy Wink

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:56 am
@msolga,
No, she's good.
It was the endless washing & washing & washing of the dandelion leaves that sort of got to me after a bit ...
Joeblow

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:03 am
@msolga,
I was captivated from start to finish, are you kidding me? I Love her!

But I admit I didn't watch the next recipe.

Wink
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 07:09 am
@Joeblow,
Yes, I found it pretty interesting, too, Joe. (apart from all the leaf washing. Wink )
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 02:23 pm
@Endymion,
Endymion wrote:

I'm glad you're okay.

... you would remember your camera -

Kind of like a reminder. ...

... 'One day at a time, mate. One day at a time.'
all the best

endy

yes Endy, yes, I'm OK... I picked up my camera again and have been lost for hours and hours in colours, soft and gentle. The day has gone... just like that... gone... and the night has drawn in and I didn't even see the dusk.

I haven't eaten (well, I ate half an Easter Egg) nor got dressed today ...

I spoke with my friend who turned up and that was good and I spoke to Tulip and I have been totally in awe of what's surrounding me

and here too on A2K - talking again - that's so good

I lost sight for a while of what I was supposed to be doing, which is "living"

thanku for reminding me - thanku - I feel completely different. I am OK. I am better than OK. I had peace today

more than that - I had lots of hope today and I felt someone who is so close to my heart but so far away from me and unknown touch my shoulder. I am sure of it.

....the best Endy... thank you.

Dandelions - oooooooooooooooooooooooooh... how one little seed can make put me in a different space - it's amazing. You'll see.

Clara - how fabulous is she!!!!!!!!!! Bless that Clara - 94 years old - a gem of a video MsOlga... a gem.

thanku TC - poetry to inspire, I swear I lived that poem today, JoeB et al and Didge you made me laugh, I can see you just willing the crop of dandelions to grow in the neighbours yard.

Must eat. must.go.eat.

<smiling>

colours.... ah, the colours.

ha LOVE CLARA!
msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:30 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Dandelions - oooooooooooooooooooooooooh... how one little seed can make put me in a different space - it's amazing. You'll see.

Oooh! A dandelion series, perhaps, Iz?

So pleased that you're enjoying peace & calm again. More days like this, I say! Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:33 pm
@msolga,
today

doube click and then click full screen just below top left... kinda fuzzy but quality is not so hot when uploading...

Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:48 pm
@Izzie,
Another glorious set of nature photographs Lady Izzie!
Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:56 pm
@Izzie,
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_I3iAYnG48A0/S9y9qDkd5EI/AAAAAAAAKXE/LHvFs_0PnpU/s128/DSC02699.JPG

Smile

Lovely, Iz.

Beautiful nature!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 03:04 pm
@Endymion,
Endymion wrote:

when things get tough is to repeat to myself, 'One day at a time, mate. One day at a time.'

Hello Endy

You've been in my mind all weekend...

have been "creative" but not using my camera, felt good to think out the creativity again - I seem to have shut everything else down tho. Very loud music today, then long bouts of silence with too many thoughts squeezing my head.

Can't go outside the front door - it's getting more of a problem lately - really need to do something about that, not sure how tho. Work is safe and strangers are safe. The rest isn't. Nem'mind.

One day at a time, mate, one day at a time.

Thinking of you - you're in my mind, I hope you're OK. x

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 05:56 pm
@Endymion,
Hey Endy - beautiful days outside right now - hoping you are able to get out the house and take a few little walks in peace.

Love to you (((((((((((E)))))))))))))

Stars are bright tonight...

Just thinking of you xx
msolga

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 07:56 pm
@Izzie,
I've been thinking about Endy & wondering how life has been treating him recently, too, Iz.

Looking forward to your next posts, Endy! Smile

(Endy, if you should read this: I hope my my brief emails have gotten through. I know you were experiencing some problems a while back.)
0 Replies