Intrepid

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:07 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I wish Charest had stayed federal. I think a lot of things would have been different.

You are, very likely, correct on that.
hamburger

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:10 pm
@Intrepid,
if i were in charest`s shoes , i`d stay in quebec city and enjoy the good life !
ottawa is a pretty dull place with a lot of dull people compared to quebec city - there is life in that city (and good food !) .
hbg
Intrepid

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 06:57 pm
@hamburger,
...don't forget the pretty girls Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I will be out actively campaigning against the Conservatives and Liberals if that comes to pass.

Laughing Care to lay a friendly wager (that the budget passes)?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:36 pm
@Reyn,
Can't. hamburger would tell mrs. hamburger and I'd be in doo-doo. She's not a fan of wagering, and she still scares me.
Mame

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:47 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Laughing Care to lay a friendly wager (that the budget passes)?

Well, ehBeth might be too chicken but I'm not, so bring it on!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 07:50 pm
@Mame,
You don't report to mrs. hamburger. She's Prussian Cool
Mame

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Ha ha ha
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:29 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Can't. hamburger would tell mrs. hamburger and I'd be in doo-doo. She's not a fan of wagering, and she still scares me.

Laughing
[pawk, pawk, pawk!]

Mame wrote:
Well, ehBeth might be too chicken but I'm not, so bring it on!

Well, alrighty then. Loser has to eat crow for a week! Laughing

So, to reiterate, the wager is that Harper's budget passes in January. There will be NO election, and the coalition will vanish into thin air.

Anybody else? Intrepid? Mr. H? Set?
Mame

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:46 pm
@Reyn,
Okay, you're on. I think the budget won't pass, the coalition will be asked to form the next govt, so the only thing we agree on is that there will be no election.

Eat crow? Is that it? Pffft! Come on!

Whoever loses has to start a thread about how WRONG they were Smile Admit defeat in whatever way they chose but acknowledge how RIGHT the winner was - heh heh heh
Reyn

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:52 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Whoever loses has to start a thread about how WRONG they were Smile Admit defeat in whatever way they chose but acknowledge how RIGHT the winner was - heh heh heh

Agreed! I have no problem calling myself an idiot. Laughing

Finally, something I can write about!
Mame

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:54 pm
@Reyn,
ha ha ha - you're on then!
Reyn

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 09:56 pm
@Mame,
I'd like to see a few more folks come along in this wager other than you and me.

--------------------

C'mon you guys!!!!

Whoever loses has to start a thread about how WRONG they were. Admit defeat in whatever way they chose but acknowledge how RIGHT the winner was.

The wager is that Harper's budget passes in January. There will be NO election, and the coalition will vanish into thin air.

I say Harper's budget passes.

Mame says it won't and the coalition will take over power.
Joeblow

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 07:32 am
@Reyn,
I have a list of provisos, but I'll cut to the chase: the budget will pass.

Reyn

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:56 am
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:

I have a list of provisos, but I'll cut to the chase: the budget will pass.

Okay, Joe says the budget will pass.

Anyone for "the other side"?
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:33 am
Quote:
Stewart said Canadians are being presented with the greatest challenge since our "controversial decision to re-shape bacon."

He spoke of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's move to suspend Parliament rather than face a non-confidence vote that could topple his government.

"Force him from office? You can do that?" Stewart half-whispered to the camera. "Because we've had no confidence in our guy for quite some time now. And he's taking forever to leave."

He said of Harper, "I mean, this guy. . . his approval rating is 46 per cent and they're trying to kick him out. You know what we call a 46 per cent approval rating down here? President Clinton!"

Stewart went on to say that Harper dodged the vote by suspending Parliament, but he still had to endure the wrath of outraged Canadians who took to our "incredibly tidy streets."

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081209/entertainment/ent_parliament_crisis_daily_show

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:14 pm
@Reyn,
Bumping for agreement / disagreement HERE.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:17 pm
ooh, Ignatieff was nice and barky today. I like that he doesn't sound smooth and conciliatory.
Reyn

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I like that he doesn't sound smooth and conciliatory.

You have to remember though, like all politicians, he'll be looking out for his future. I don't think he'll be making too many waves for the next while. From what I gather, from various sources, he isn't a fan of the coalition at all.

If Harper let's him have input on January's budget, I don't think he'll rock the boat and go for a non-confidence vote.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:30 pm
@Reyn,
You certainly seem to be following different news sources than I am.