i wanna find my father.

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:17 am
all i know about my father is that he used to live in jacksonville florida and has blonde hair and blue eyes.. i think... cuz thats where he met my mom and i was born.. how can i find him for free to get in touch with him.??

Green Witch

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:23 am
@bonita92,
Is your mother alive? Can she give you a name? Do you know what hospital you where born in? Your father's name might be on your birth certificate. You need a name to start searching.
bonita92

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:35 am
oh his name is keith swanson but my mother is dead
bonita92

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:40 am
i live with my grandparents and i've tried searching his name but they all keep charging! ugh!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:40 am
@bonita92,
With a name you can check for a current driver's license. Call the DMV and ask about doing this. I don't know if there is a charge in your state. I know I have done it to check out if a potential employee has a valid license and can drive my company trucks.
0 Replies

bonita92

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:41 am
i see is there anywhere online to find him??? what would i do with drivers licens?
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:55 am
@bonita92,
well, I just went into yahoo people search and looked for that name in fla.

came up with 4 people and 3 phone numbers.

I'm curious, how did you come about finding able2know, and not think to just look in people search, or google the name?

It alarms me though that you just tossed his name out there on the internet, for all the world to see. Hopefully this was a fake name you just tossed out there. I'm going to go with the assumption it is.

If I were someone of this name, I wouldn't be too happy, regardless if I had that name and you were my child, or not.

If I wanted to, I call call one of the easily found phone numbers and completely destroy an innocent persons life.

Or, was that your intent?

I guess discretion is not one of your strong suits.
bonita92

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:58 am
i guess i didn't really think about that
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:03 am
@bonita92,
yeah well, that doesn't help this person now, does it?

In the interest of privacy I would ask the moderators delete this thread.
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:08 am
@chai2,
I put a request in to have this thread removed, in order to protect the innocent.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:10 am
@chai2,
chai, I am pretty sure Bonita will need to be the one to make the request.

(via contact us)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:12 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
If I wanted to, I call call one of the easily found phone numbers and completely destroy an innocent persons life.

Or, was that your intent?

I guess discretion is not one of your strong suits.

Or maybe she's just trying to find her father. Jesus. We don't even know how old she is. Aren't you being a little harsh?
Green Witch

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:16 am
@bonita92,
Didn't mean to abandon you bonita. We're having a windstorm and it's making the electric go blinky blinky.

I wouldn't be too concerned, Chai. I agree she shouldn't be posting actual names, but we are all easily found in this cyberworld, like it or not. I see the father search all the time here and on other forums. I think it's impossible to hide in this world and if this man does not want to have a relationship with his daughter he will have to tell her himself. It's his own darn fault for not being a part of her life. I think Bonita is young and not yet at an age where she understands the possible consequences of such a quest. There are many like her.

Sorry if I'm not writing clearly, I'm afraid of losing electric.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:22 am
A lot of adoptees use zabasearch.com. You might try that. I'm pretty sure it's free. You might also contact adoption related organizations in the area you were born. They're aces at finding people.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:27 am
@Gargamel,
No....or rather, yes I'm being harsh, but I'm not being too harsh. Perhaps bonita needs a bit of a harsh reality check to start to understand the potential impact her off handedly throwing a name out there can have.

Perhaps you wouldn't think I'm being too harsh garg if you had this name.

I feel very strongly about this.

Yes, our names can easily be found nowadays, but do we need to make it even easier as far as such a sensitive subject.

We don't know anything about this situation, whether this person is her father, if he wants to be found, even if this bonita is putting that name out there as a childish prank.

One phone call, telling the woman who answers the phone that her husband is the father of some child that isn't hers, is just one of the potential scenerios. Not just Bonita, but anyone can do this, and we all know there's people out there that would.

If someone wants to find their birth parent, that's their affair. But putting actual names out there is a problem waiting to happen.

Bonita. I ask you do the responsible thing and click on "contact us" below, and ask this thread be removed.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:29 am
@chai2,
I as well would urge caution, Bonita.

Bonita, you may want to consider that contacting this guy might not lead to good results. Have you spoken with your grandparents about this? If you are living with them and are underage you probably should.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

pundit

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 01:44 pm
@Green Witch,
A birthdate and town of birth would also help. Then send it to that town's Office of official records and to the Hospital you were born in. You birth certificate should have the name of the mother and father on it.
0 Replies