60

Let's get rid of the Electoral College

bulmabriefs144

-2  
Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 07:23 am
@Robert Gentel,
But this means that states like California and Texas both get the shaft.

I'd like to see split election.

That is, if my state voted Trump, no bullshit, Trump runs my state. If Biden gets Massachusetts, he runs it. No infighting about your state, no cheating, just move where it tends toward blue or red. I'd have to move though, because my state has stopped voting my way for awhile.

1  
Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 10:44 am
@bulmabriefs144,
imagine an interstate hiway systm based on that, wed be building toll booths OR, investing in Rail

Frank Apisa

3  
Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 11:37 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Uhhh because you don't understand what happens when you have no electoral college?

Whenever you want to know whether an idea is good or not, run it to its logical extreme. We have no electoral college, and whichever president gets most votes period wins (no districts, no states, just popular vote). Okay, so... let's take the city of Seattle. Suppose all the country's liberals move there , and they breed like ******* rabbits.

Tell me, what would think of one city deciding for all of the small towns in America? Don't you think they'd be kinda pissed to have policies shoved down their throats when all districts but this one (since they all moved there) voted against this? This is popular vote in its most pure form. It's what the founders called "the tyranny of the masses" when one small portion of land decides for everyone not living there.

This is why the electoral college. Because stretches of land, and the people living therein, want to be represented. All the farmers and coal miners get the shaft when Big City A decides they don't matter.

Land is land, Bulma.

People are people.

The votes go to the people...not to acres of land.

Get your head out of wherever you've got it stuck most of the time.

-3  
Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 05:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

You traitors sure do hate democracy. It's a good thing the Framers provided us with the Electoral College to protect the American people from your treason.
VABGirl

-3  
Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 07:35 pm
@oralloy,
I agree with you.
Frank Apisa

5  
Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:40 am
@VABGirl,
VABGirl wrote:

I agree with you.

That pretty much says it all!

-4  
Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 09:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Americans dislike treason and terrorism. If they liked such things, they would be progressives instead of Americans.

So, yes. When you see someone oppose treason and terrorism, that shows that they are Americans instead of progressives.
MontereyJack

3  
Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 10:45 am
@oralloy,
Childish name calling and hysterical raving. The 17th amendment removed the purely politic al reason the f.fs put it in the constitution. It is an anti democratic anachronism that has historically given us some of our worst presidents such as w. And the proto fascist trump. Abolish that sucker now.s