I think I met Miller yesterday

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:11 pm
@chai2,
Chai, give it up, you do have a bitch-walking mode, which most of us absorb along with your savvy and wit, compassion and aggression. You have spit flicking flumes. I can say that, as I do and many of the rest of us do from time to time.

We are all with you here, and can argue about the nuances more with more fulminous sentences once we know things are ok.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:19 pm
@chai2,
Wow, chai2. I'm speechless at what you both are going through. Thank God you love each other so much - it's taking you both through these terrible times together.

My heart goes out to both of you, not that you were looking for sympathy, but it does.

I hope he gets to come home tomorrow and be with you, and that your load lightens.

You're one strong lady, but then, you already know that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:22 pm
There are a lot of people who are great when discussing their area of knowledge, and real asses in every other respect.

Cycloptichorn
snood

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Word, cyclo.

For me, I can't seem to make the flaming bigot Miller image fit into the caring, sensitive description.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:39 pm
@snood,
I'm an eye roller at Miller, but I don't ever just dismiss her med posts out of hand. I think I alluded to her not quite up to date views on obesity, but .. I do read all of the med posts.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:47 pm
Well this is one of those threads with about thirty-seven levels. I'll just address one by saying that while I know sympathy isn't what you're going for, Chai (you've referred only obliquely to the many medical issues your husband has had to deal with), I do want to convey my best wishes and my hope that this most recent hospital stay goes well.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:04 pm
this is not about Miller the person , but the idea and feeling that sign on name can portray .

Just like me, I can be a flaming bitch as well, but I would hope that no one would rub my nose in it while I was going through something scary in my life.

Using the word Miller as a visual example, for some odd reason everyone automatically knows what that name is supposed to mean when it comes to ' bed side manners' so there has to be some truth to that statement . Though I dont see that statement as being mean spirited... so can we not make this about Miller? This isnt an attack on character, just an example of a type of character we can all identify with.

Im frankly really shocked that this information was shared on a2k , and am even more shocked at how it was received.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:10 pm
@shewolfnm,
hello? what information you are shocked about and what re how what information was received?
Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, Chai is normally a VERY private gal. (really)

a breath for all would not be a bad idea...

Ima go have a smoke.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:32 pm
@Rockhead,
True, I have always assumed, but she also does devilment re new posters and anyone else that annoys her.

She's private and any beginning poster isn't?

None of us ever need counter Chai in any way?

Do we now have Saint Chai?

So posts ms grumpy.

But, wait, we all do care about how she is and how hub is.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
picking your spots is something one learns as one goes...

(some more than others)

compassion is not for everyone, this I have grown to understand.

Wally dammit, I hope you get better soon, this is crazy...

this is crazy

this is crazy

this is crazy

(please see the 3 foot universe rule if still confused...)
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 08:44 pm
@Rockhead,
I don't know what you are saying, rh.

Compassion is not for chai, or for others of us? Or others in space, as in ER rooms?
Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 08:54 pm
@ossobuco,
good day Osso...

Rolling Eyes
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 08:57 pm
Chai, please tell Wally that I am suffering with him. I have never met the man, yet we seem inexplicably linked, almost like brothers.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 08:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Sorry you don't want to explain.

wandeljw

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 09:00 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
I also feel like Wally is my brother and I hope he recovers soon, Chai.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 09:04 pm
@ossobuco,
and I'm sorry you lack understanding.

my best to mr tea, once again...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 09:41 pm
@Rockhead,
That's no answer.

you assume I haven't compassion, when I have a lot for
Chai and hub.

I'm arguing with your post. Actually, I wasn't even arguing, I was asking for you to clarify.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 09:48 pm
@ossobuco,
You somehow own Chai?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 09:50 pm
@ossobuco,
don't hold yer breath, you might turn blue.

Rolling Eyes (once again)

i literally don't own shite...