My "boyfriend" is rubbish. Should I dump him?

msolga

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:20 am
@Dorothy Parker,
Quote:
I think I love this man and he is nice enough to me when we are together and calls me or texts me every day but this doesn't feel right and it's making me unhappy. Am I expecting too much? I think I've forgotten how to behave in a relationship.

Hey Dorothy, nice to see you again!

My take: if it was a relationship of mutual convenience, that'd be fine. But it sounds like you want more from the relationship than he is willing or able to contribute.
Don't lose sight of what you actually want & need!
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 06:14 am
@msolga,
Quote:
My "boyfriend" is rubbish. Should I dump him?

I always thought that dumping was what people do with rubbish.

Seriously though, it seems that you and your friend are on very different wavelengths. IMO you should give him the heave-ho before he becomes too much of a habit. As others have said, you deserve better. Good luck!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 07:10 am
@Dorothy Parker,
Quote:

" I think I love this man "

How can there be any uncertainty
about that ? U must have direct knowledge,
of your own emotions, one way or the other.

Its not as tho u thought:
" I think I have enuf calcium " but u were not sure.

David
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 09:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
do what guys do, when your current mate fails to please pick up another, hopefully that one makes up for the lack of the first
Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:18 pm
@OGIONIK,
Many thanks guys.

Yes I do love him just feel silly saying it to you all cos of the way he is. I have loved him for a very long time and that's why this is frustrating me so much.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:21 pm
@Dorothy Parker,
One suggestion you might wish to have a heart to heart talk with him first before dumping him.

As a man I know we can be very blind about the state of our relationships and are shock to be dump when we was under the impression everything was fine.

Tell him in black and white how you wish the relationsip to change and give him a chance to address the problems.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:30 pm
@BillRM,
Ok BillRM that seems like good advice but isn't that like giving him an ultimatum? I thought they were baaaaaaaaaaad.

???
Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:39 pm
@Rockhead,
aaah Rockhead, I can't watch stuff on youtube cos of my problems with Flash Player. What is it? Thank you. x
BillRM

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:59 pm
@Dorothy Parker,
Yes and no Dorothy concerning an ultimatum however as a blind male I know more then once I had been blind sided and ended up wishing to hell the lady had hit me over the head with her unhappiness. You should be as nice and kind as possible consisted with getting the message across in my opinion.

My now wife and I once was living tegether for a number of years decades ago and she found herself unhappy with the relationship and instead of talking with me over it she just move out.

First as I was as happy as a man could be I kind of assume she was happy to and I was bitter for years that she did not talk to me over the issues before ending the relationship.

One thing I had now make her promise that she would let me know in clear big type face any problems that our relationship is causing her.

Sometimes I think she can overdo being so direct but it sure beat the hell out of finding someone you love had ended a relationship without talking to you first.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
Ok I see/ Thank you for replying BillRM.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
Been there. Blindsided is a good word choice.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 03:31 pm
@Dorothy Parker,

Skip out the back, Jack
Just make a new plan, Stan
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:30 am
@Dorothy Parker,
Mac's right. Most of us are assholes. I know I am.

Any who do uxorious are no good.

But really DP it depends on your charms what your niche is.
Intrepid

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:49 am
Is he married?????
Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 10:47 am
@spendius,
What do you mean my niche, spendius?
Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 10:47 am
@Intrepid,
No he's not married.
Intrepid

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 10:51 am
@Dorothy Parker,
Only asked because your description and his treatment of you would indicate otherwise. It appears that you are being used.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 10:54 am
@Intrepid,
Yeah it does look that way. Need to get out but not sure how.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 11:05 am
@Dorothy Parker,
Quote:
What do you mean my niche, spendius?

I think smorgsie could explain that better than I could.

The ladies on here seem to be advising you from the point of view that all you need to be is a female and you can take your pick. It does apply to some men I know but there are others who take higher matters into account. Dowries say.

Those who are concerned with what they are to be dowered with once the basic component has lost some of its initial charm.

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 02:43 pm
@spendius,
For God's sake spendius... dowries? Am I to assume these are not the financial kind? I'm too tired to even try to work out what you are getting at and it's probably something insulting anyway. Well done very clever an all that.