More Than friends?

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 07:41 pm
I've got this best friend he's a guy who swears up and down that he's straight. Everybody (meaning all of are friends, family, and coworkers) thinks he's gay including me. There is plenty of evidence to back up what we all think. I've known him for 15 years and he's upset with me now because he want's to be more than friends! He now says it's all my fault everyone thinks he's gay because I have been stringing him along for years and he's been waiting for me to "see the Light" and because he's waiting everybody is assuming he's gay! and he does not want to date anyone but me and thats why he has only had one girlfriend. I have been upfront with him from the start and I'm not attracted to him because he's flaming! Should I end are 15 year friendship or should I give it a shot? His Own mother thinks he's just using me as a scapegoat and that he wants me as a "Cover Up Girlfriend" !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,463 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:00 pm
@Bubbles85,
What do you mean he's "flaming"?

What sexual partners has he had in the past?

Don't jump to conclusions, some straight men show their feminine side outwardly.

My husband was 36 when we got married. He said he just never found the right one. Believe me, he is NOT gay!!

In any case, he owes complete honesty to you and you have the luxery of having the time to talk about this.
Bubbles85

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:02 pm
@sullyfish6,
I mean "flaming" as in he acts like a woman! and I know for a fact he's fooled around with a few men!
0 Replies

Bubbles85

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:03 pm
@sullyfish6,
I just want to know should I give him a shot or end the friendship!
sullyfish6

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 08:16 am
@Bubbles85,
Shot at what?

If the spark is not there for YOU, sexually, you need to be honest about that and tell him you want to remain platonic friends.

He's putting pressure on you and you need to insist on total honesty from him, includng about his past.

And - because he has been with other men, be sure that if you do have relations with him, you practice safe sex.
0 Replies

Elitehacker63

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 05:56 am
@Bubbles85,
I don't know the guy therefore, I'm not able to make a judgment as to his sexual preference. However, what I can tell you is that some people are confused with being gay when they aren't. Just yesterday a friend of mines (girl) comes out of nowhere and tells me "what, you not gay?" to which I reply "no". The question totally caught me by surprise and totally killed the mood. Here I am being nice to this girl which I find cute and have many things in common and she comes up with that out of nowhere.
Overall my point is, some people might be seen by others as gay yet are completely straight. In my case, I'm 100% straight, the idea of being with another dude has never even once crossed my mind and is repulsive (no offense to any gay people, but it just isn't my thing). Now in your friends case, if you caught the guy with other dudes making out ect. then things are odd...
0 Replies