No.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:09 am
@Brand WTF,
no Sad
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:21 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
We're by 30 No votes and 23 Yes votes so far. Thank you!
mismi

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:24 am
@CalamityJane,
I like it...it is as useful to me as it was before. Once I got used to it...it was easy breezy
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:26 am
@mismi,
YES for me as well.... much more personalizable, if that's even a word. i tag what i'm interested, i like the reply feature, oh and the embedded flash features... it has many more functions than the old forum. me happy.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 02:24 am
With the new design, now ...

... definitely YES.

Eorl

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah. Way better.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:01 am
i'm lovin' the new design

sweet colour scheme too
alex240101

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:32 am
@djjd62,
The different shades of blue are inviting..
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:44 am
I get annoyed when user interfaces changed, and right now I'm annoyed.

In particular, I don't like it when user interface features I used to use a lot get taken away from me. I used the various sorting options a lot, and especially liked the wealth of possibilities to combine topic age and other search criteria. Most of these options to combine sorting criteria seem to be gone.

So right now, I like the user interface less than yesterday's verseion, and less than the old phpbb version. But I know my judgment isn't fully fair at the moment, and will revisit this question in a week or so. My general annoyance with change should have subsided by then.
sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:50 am
@Thomas,
No wonder you were a less than enthusiastic Obama supporter... Wink
Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:36 am
@sozobe,
Don't forget I'm a racist too. That's why I agreed so wholeheartedly with the Onion's headline: "Black man asks Nation for Change".
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:59 am
@Thomas,
I like it, I like it! http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4508/dancebi6.gif
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 11:56 am
just opened a2k and it looks quite inviting .
(now i'll be spending even more time here - i'm supposed to sort all my stamps , letters , postcards , photographs , write my bio - who is going to do all those things now , may i ask ? )
this comes at a really inconvenient time <GRIN>
hbg
is there nothing to complain about now ?
oh , i see thomas is already at it - always those germans - i mean "bavarians" ahem !
Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:35 pm
@hamburger,
Your Prussian bias is showing, Hamburger!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 04:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
No.

Not even close. The changes aren't made to accommodate people like me. I don't need any of the fancy **** at all. There are a few features which are nice, but the removal of the best features - PMs, Topic review during posting, robust search engine - makes me less enthusiastic about posting here.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 05:59 pm
I'm actually thinking of leaving the site after seeing the new interface. How can I continue to post here when the kerning between the "Q" and the "u" in the phrase "Ask a Question" is so terribly terribly unsatisfactory!?
mismi

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:07 pm
@kickycan,
you're a nerd
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:11 pm
Good riddance to Kickycan. I never did like him.
Congratulations to the A2Kers gurus on the new design. The "start" page is awesome. I found myself tapping into threads I never knew existed.
I like the "Print Page" function. If I see a recipe or a particularly well-written post, I can get a copy.
Nicely done!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 07:03 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

In particular, I don't like it when user interface features I used to use a lot get taken away from me. I used the various sorting options a lot, and especially liked the wealth of possibilities to combine topic age and other search criteria. Most of these options to combine sorting criteria seem to be gone.

Don't know if this will be of help to you but will mention it anyway in case you haven't seen it.

If you click on the Popular Topics link in the menu bar, that takes you to a screen where you have tabs that sort by week, month, year and all time.
0 Replies