Let GM go Bankrupt

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 05:25 am
@DontTreadOnMe,

Labor unions in bed with the Democrat party is what got us where we are today.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 06:24 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Labor unions in bed with the Democrat party is what got us where we are today.

Yes. You can't build good cars and have sex at the same time.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 06:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,

You can have great sex in a well built car though.
spendius

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 06:34 am
@H2O MAN,
I would disagree with that but I'm not prepared to give my reasons.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 07:08 am
@spendius,

Laughing It all depends on the vehicle, the girl and your flexibility.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:13 pm

Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. of China to buy HUMMER from GM
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:23 pm
What "bankruptcy means" came home in a really funny way. A colleague competitor who has a large environmental engineering company got an important lesson about GM's bankruptcy. This guy was a big fan of "LEt em go under , its the AMerican way, bla bla bla>"
(This colleague is kinda pain in the ass when in groups cause he cant keep his damn mouth shut about what a great Amerkan Rush Limbaugh is and if Reagan were still alive this **** wouldnt happen > If Reagan were still alive hed have the intellect of a brussel sprout.)

ANYWAY, this guys work load had a work load about 25% based upon GMs "SAturn" plant in Spring Hill Tenn. So as soon as the bankruptcy was filed , all the GM recievables for my colleagues companywere reduced from over 10000$ to about 10K. I told him that this bankruptcy **** would take its toll on businesses that arent loaded with a smothering debt or bad management. So, thanks to the bankruptcy laws, another company is gonna take a small to moderate bath. Bankruptcy doesnt end the pain, it merely spreads it out.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:28 pm
@farmerman,

Obama doesn't end the pain & suffering, he merely spreads it out across the land like an infection that has no cure.
old europe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
Riiiiight. Everything would be rainbows and unicorns right now if only all these people hadn't voted for Obama.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:44 pm
@old europe,

Obama promised the dumbmasses rainbows and unicorns... and they believed him Shocked
old europe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
I thought you didn't vote for him....
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:50 pm
@old europe,

I'm not a member of the UAW, I exercised my free will by NOT voting for Obama
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 03:17 pm
@farmerman,
I hope effemm feels better about getting that self-congratulatory mush off his chest. As if we didn't know all that.

Democracy is all about spreading everything out until it is all a palish shade of grey which then collapses under its inherent contradictions.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 03:20 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Democracy is all about spreading everything out until it is all a palish shade of grey which then collapses under its inherent contradictions.

True, and that's why our founding fathers were dead set against forming a Democracy.

It's a shame few wish to keep this Republic going...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 03:59 pm
I was just listening to a resume of the new 'Car Tzar' appointed to direct GM for the forseeable future. With the possibility that I am not remembering it all 100% correctly, the gist was something like this:

He is 33 years old and has never held a private sector job, at least that anybody knows about. He was a law school drop out. He has no training or experience in economics, manufacturing, retailing, wholesaling, or the auto industry of any kind, and his only marketing experience has been in a leftwing, George Soros funded think tank that specializes in promoting Democratic talking points. He did work on the Obama campaign and I think they said he was working in the administration at the time of his appointment.

That should make everybody feel better about their investment in General Motors, yes?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 04:03 pm
@Foxfyre,
how successful has George Soros been?
Forbes lists Soros as the 29th-richest person in the world, with a net worth estimated at $11.0 billion. Soros has given $6 billion to various causes since 1979. Got something against success Foxy?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 04:07 pm
@dyslexia,
reactionary kneejerk ideology is a bitch when it bites you in the ass.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 04:11 pm
@dyslexia,

The bite in the ass resulting from Obama being elected is coming
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 04:15 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I was just listening to a resume of the new 'Car Tzar' appointed to direct GM for the forseeable future. With the possibility that I am not remembering it all 100% correctly, the gist was something like this:

He is 33 years old and has never held a private sector job, at least that anybody knows about. He was a law school drop out. He has no training or experience in economics, manufacturing, retailing, wholesaling, or the auto industry of any kind, and his only marketing experience has been in a leftwing, George Soros funded think tank that specializes in promoting Democratic talking points. He did work on the Obama campaign and I think they said he was working in the administration at the time of his appointment.

That should make everybody feel better about their investment in General Motors, yes?

Hey Fox. Whoever you are listening to? They don't know what the **** they are talking about. And here you are repeating their dreck without bothering to do even the most basic fact-checking.

The following search on Google took .11 seconds to come up -

Quote:
Steven Rattner
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Steven "Steve" Lawrence Rattner is an American financier and private equity investor. He is one of the four founding partners of the private investment firm Quadrangle Group, which invests media and communications companies globally. On February 23, 2009, the Wall Street Journal announced that Rattner would be named to the Treasury Department as auto industry adviser The New York Times reported that he would be lead advisor and leader of the industry group for Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner.[1]

A graduate of Brown University, Rattner started his career as a reporter with The New York Times, first at the Washington bureau, where he became close friends with Times' ownership-family member Arthur Sulzberger, who also was at the time working as a reporter; and then at the London bureau. Subsequently, Rattner quit journalism and joined Morgan Stanley, where he founded their Communications Group. In 1989 he joined Lazard as a General Partner; he founded their Media and Communications Group. In 1997 he became Lazard's deputy chairman and Deputy CEO, a new position. He stepped down from those positions in 1999, and left Lazard in 2000, with three other partners in that firm, to found the Quadrangle Group.

Rattner is married to Maureen White, the former National Finance Chair for the Democratic Party. He has four children.

I mean, could you be more wrong? Is it possible?

Perhaps you are referring to someone else besides the 'car czar?' GM is now being ran by Fritz Waggoner, their former COO. Who the hell are you talking about?

I think you need to recheck your source on this one.

Cycloptichorn
dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 04:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
cyclops, you need to keep i mind, foxy is sensitive, especially sensitive in the arena of being wrong, foxy is never wrong but is often misunderstood. her net step will be to accuse you of Ad Hominem attacks on her girdle size.