Killing people is the best solution.

msolga

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:13 pm
(Amazing. Gosh, you guys are still at it! Surprised )
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:21 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Straight dishonest denial. I didn't provide data on "acquitted individuals who end up being convicted of later murders"; I provided data on CONVICTED MURDERERS who end up KILLING AGAIN. Denying FACTS is the lowest form of argument and mostly serves to make you look like an idiot.

No, making up **** is the lowest form of argument.

From your link:

Quote:
6/16/00 - Missouri
Ex-con murders 15-year-old girl in road-rage incident

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) A former convict was charged with murder for allegedly killing a 15-year-old girl during an argument after a minor traffic accident. Zeno E. Sims, 37, surrendered Thursday in the slaying of DeAntreia L. Ashley. Ashley was a passenger in a car driven by her 17-year-old boyfriend when it struck Sims' sports utility vehicle Saturday night, police said. Witnesses reported seeing the SUV pull to the right side of the car. After a brief argument, the SUV driver began firing a gun into the car and then sped off, witnesses said. The boyfriend, who suffered gunshot wounds, was released from the hospital Wednesday. Sims is charged with assaulting him as well as a third passenger, a 13-year-old boy. The boy, who police say identified Sims, lay on the back floorboard until the gunman drove off and then ran to safety, authorities said. The shooting sparked days of rallies in the community. One group had vowed to continue daily vigils at the site of the shooting until a suspect was caught. Sims also faces three counts of armed criminal action and two counts of first-degree assault, prosecutors said. It is the second time Sims has faced a murder charge. In 1983, he and two other men were accused in the killing of a 24-year-old man. Sims eventually pleaded guilty to manslaughter, was sentenced to eight years but was released early on parole.

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:24 pm
@okie,
Again: it's not a choice of death penalty or nothing. The other commonly applied sentences seem to do a pretty good job of deterrence in states without the death penalty.

And you'll note that I advocate life without possibility of parole.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 06:33 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:
Straight dishonest denial. I didn't provide data on "acquitted individuals who end up being convicted of later murders"; I provided data on CONVICTED MURDERERS who end up KILLING AGAIN. Denying FACTS is the lowest form of argument and mostly serves to make you look like an idiot.

No, making up **** is the lowest form of argument.
You insufferable ass. The inclusion of other incidents on that page hardly negates the incidents I provided on this thread. You can't possibly think anyone is dumb enough to buy such an idiotic denial. Here are the three examples I provided:

Quote:
Cuhuatemoc Hinricky Peraita- Triple killer serving life without parole kills another inmate; finally gets death sentence

Quote:
Robert Massie- In 1965, he was convicted of murdering a San Gabriel woman and sentenced to death. But his death sentence was commuted after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down California's death penalty laws. Because of lenient parole laws at the time, he was paroled in 1978, a year before he killed Naumoff.

Quote:
Bennie Demps- Originally, Demps was sent to death row for the murders of R.N. Brinkworth and Celia Puhlick, who were fatally shot in a Lake County citrus grove. The victims were inspecting some land for sale when they happened upon Demps, who had fled to the grove with a stolen safe. Mrs. Puhlick's husband, Nicholas, was wounded. A year after Demps was sent to death row, the U.S. Supreme Court threw out capital punishment across the country, ruling death sentences had been imposed in an arbitrary way. Demps and 96 other death row inmates were taken off Florida's death row and returned to the general prison population. In July 1976, the nation's high court upheld Florida's new capital punishment law. And two months later, Alfred Sturgis was fatally stabbed in his prison cell. Before he died, Sturgis told a guard that Demps and another inmate had held him down while a third stabbed him. Demps was sentenced to death in 1978. Since his second death sentence, Demps has survived three death warrants - in 1982, 1987 and 1990 - by winning last-minute appeals.

Just in case anyone else is suffering from DrewDope’s asinine denial of facts; they can be verified on this page.

(How in the hell did you convince yourself you'd get away with such an idiotic tactic?)
DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 07:07 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
You linked to a page that you indicated was about murders that could have been prevented had the death penalty been applied.

Either you were sloppy, which I could definitely credit, or you were trying to make **** up, which I could definitely credit, too. Then you got caught.

If you don't want to be called a liar, then don't lie.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 07:09 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
DrewDope

Idiotic tactic? Me? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Drunk

I do apologize to Brandon. You were right, I never should have called him a dumbass.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 07:44 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

You linked to a page that you indicated was about murders that could have been prevented had the death penalty been applied.

Either you were sloppy, which I could definitely credit, or you were trying to make **** up, which I could definitely credit, too. Then you got caught.

If you don't want to be called a liar, then don't lie.
Who do you think you're fooling with this bullshit? Look right above your post to see 3 examples of "murders that could have been prevented had the death penalty been applied", all found ON THAT PAGE. You can't possibly be stupid enough to think you're fooling anyone but yourself with YOUR LIES.

2 out of 3 of them were already sentenced to death before the Supreme Court struck it down, for crying out sideways. The 3rd was serving the Life Sentence you favor when he committed his last murder. Your denial has to be obvious to everyone but you.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:11 pm
@DrewDad,
Suddenly, your numbers are going from "dozens" to "three."

Bill, you're losing whatever credibility you had left by continuing to defend your deception.

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:37 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Suddenly, your numbers are going from "dozens" to "three."

Bill, you're losing whatever credibility you had left by continuing to defend your deception.
Rolling Eyes Shape shift again, after having your bullshit exposed, eh, DrewDad?

There's STILL dozens there, moron. I chose the first 3 I ran into. How can you possibly think you're fooling even your fans with this idiotic tactic? You do realize they can easily click the link too, don't you? They'd have to be as lacking in integrity as you obviously are to believe this idiocy.

(Click here if you’re having trouble with the term “Dozens”, moron.)
DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:46 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
If you weren't a liar, I might be tempted to believe something you say....
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:54 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

If you weren't a liar, I might be tempted to believe something you say....
Laughing You don't have to believe me, moron; you can look for yourself.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:19 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
I did, my intellectually-challenged friend. That's how I found out you're a liar, remember?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:48 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

I did, my intellectually-challenged friend. That's how I found out you're a liar, remember?
What are you babbling about moron? The link contains dozens of repeat murder examples… and any literate person can easily see that for themselves. How can you sit there and lie about someone else being a liar when the proof is so easy to see? Really DrewDad… how can you have so little self respect that your own integrity means nothing to you?

Hell, here's an even dozen just from the last decade alone:

1 wrote:
Cuhuatemoc Hinricky Peraita- Triple killer serving life without parole kills another inmate; finally gets death sentence

2 wrote:
Robert Massie- In 1965, he was convicted of murdering a San Gabriel woman and sentenced to death. But his death sentence was commuted after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down California's death penalty laws. Because of lenient parole laws at the time, he was paroled in 1978, a year before he killed Naumoff.

3 wrote:
Bennie Demps- Originally, Demps was sent to death row for the murders of R.N. Brinkworth and Celia Puhlick, who were fatally shot in a Lake County citrus grove. The victims were inspecting some land for sale when they happened upon Demps, who had fled to the grove with a stolen safe. Mrs. Puhlick's husband, Nicholas, was wounded. A year after Demps was sent to death row, the U.S. Supreme Court threw out capital punishment across the country, ruling death sentences had been imposed in an arbitrary way. Demps and 96 other death row inmates were taken off Florida's death row and returned to the general prison population. In July 1976, the nation's high court upheld Florida's new capital punishment law. And two months later, Alfred Sturgis was fatally stabbed in his prison cell. Before he died, Sturgis told a guard that Demps and another inmate had held him down while a third stabbed him. Demps was sentenced to death in 1978. Since his second death sentence, Demps has survived three death warrants - in 1982, 1987 and 1990 - by winning last-minute appeals.

4 wrote:
Bert Hunter- 6/28/00 - Missouri
Missouri executes convicted repeat murderer
POTOSI, Missouri (AP) -- A man was executed in Missouri by injection early Wednesday for suffocating a woman and her son during a 1988 robbery because he feared the pair would identify him…
…Hunter was earlier convicted of killing a blind bar owner in 1968, but was released on parole in 1980.

5 wrote:
Leroy Schmitz -5/17/00 - Montana
Bay State killer murders in Montana

KALISPELL, Mont. - A man who served 11 years in prison for strangling his girlfriend in Massachusetts in 1986 has pleaded guilty to murder in the death of his wife.

This next piece of garbage murdered his own sister… 6 months after trying to rape her… just a few years after being released for murdering his girl friend by beating her to death with a frying pan. Yeah. We need to keep guys like this alive. Rolling Eyes

6 wrote:
Michael Jeffrey Johnson 4/27/00 - Ohio
Killer's own family hopes for another death sentence…

This next piece of garbage shot a Pregnant woman for $400.

7 wrote:
Algernon Doby- Doby's accomplice says the motive was robbery. When they arrived at Johnson's house, they were met by Raymond's 19-year old girlfriend Tamica Tyler, who was nine months pregnant. Doby pulled a gun and began firing at Raymond and Tamica. She was shot in the stomach and Raymond was hit as well. Doby stole $400 from the house and fled. Raymond later died of the gunshot wounds but amazingly, both Tamica and her child survived. This incident came just seven months after Doby was paroled for a previous murder conviction and just five months after Doby was released on bond after being arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Killing one estranged lover wasn’t enough to take this piece of **** off the streets…
8 wrote:
William Earl Rayford-4/5/00 - Texas
Freed killer repeatedly broke parole, official says
He says man - now charged in 2nd slaying - belonged back in prison

Texas officials took no action about repeated parole violations by a freed Dallas murderer, who went on to be charged with stabbing a second estranged lover to death, state records show.

9 wrote:
3/22/00
Indicted in guard killing

BEEVILLE -- A convicted killer already serving a life sentence was indicted Tuesday for capital murder in the death of prison guard Daniel Nagle. Robert Lynn Pruett

10 wrote:
Addy Tejeiro- 3/1/00
Police Arrest Boyfriend After 'Psychic' Dies of Burns

HIALEAH, Fla. - A self-proclaimed psychic has died of burns suffered when her herbal-remedy store was set on fire with a bucket of gasoline. A former boyfriend was arrested. Addy Tejeiro, 56, known as "Madame Francisca," suffered burns over 90 percent of her body Saturday. She died Monday at a hospital in Miami. Police arrested Roberto L. Suarez, 62, and charged him with first-degree murder. He served seven years in prison on a 1974 murder conviction for killing a man who took a french fry off his plate at a restaurant.

Here’s another of your Life Sentences gone bad…
11 wrote:
Kenneth Williams- 12/8/99
Killer charged with murdering while on the loose

STAR CITY, Ark. - A convicted killer who escaped and was recaptured in Missouri after crashing into another vehicle was charged in the death of the man whose truck he was driving. Kenneth Williams, 20, of Pine Bluff, will be arraigned Wednesday on a capital murder charge in the shooting death of Cecil Boren which happened after he escaped in October.

This piece of garbage beat a 90 year old woman to death…
12 wrote:
8/30/98
Man who murdered at age 13 held again
Gregory Devon Gibson is now 20 and charged in another brutal slaying.

Grow up and develop some integrity, moron.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 07:43 am
Nixon called... he wants his reputation back....
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:54 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Grow up and develop some integrity, moron.

Surprised
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:15 pm
The fallacy of life in prison

By Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist | February 8, 2006

CONSIDER SOME recent news items, all from the past several weeks:

A worldwide security alert is issued after 23 inmates escape from prison in Sanaa, Yemen; among those at large is Jamal Badawi, mastermind of the October 2000 bombing of the USS Cole that killed 17 US sailors. Badawi had been sentenced to death, but on appeal his penalty was reduced to 15 years. Another of the escapees is Fawaz al-Rabe'ie, convicted for his role in the deadly bombing of a French oil tanker in 2002.

Joseph Druce, a convicted murderer serving a life term in Massachusetts, is found guilty of murdering fellow inmate John Geoghan, a former priest serving a nine- to 10-year sentence for sexually molesting a child. Judge Francis Fecteau imposes a penalty of life in prison without parole, in effect adding nothing to the life sentence Druce is already serving.

Germany releases Mohammed Ali Hammadi, a Hezbollah terrorist serving a life sentence for the brutal murder of US Navy diver Robert Stethem during a hijacking in 1985. Under German law, even murderers imprisoned for life become eligible for parole after 15 years, and Hammadi has been behind bars for more than 18 years.

A prison break, a murderer who kills again, a paroled killer -- such stories occur with frequency, and no obvious thread links these three. Yet they do have something in common: They demonstrate the fallacy in arguing that capital punishment is never necessary, since killers can be sentenced to life in prison.

Lock up even the worst murderers and throw away the key, the theory goes, and they can never kill anyone again.

But they can and often do.

Like the 23 convicts in Yemen, murderers sometime escape from prison and shed more blood. A few years ago, the US Supreme Court handed down an opinion that began: ''In 1974 respondent Robert L. Jones began serving a life sentence after his conviction for murder in the State of Georgia. He escaped from prison some five years later and, after being a fugitive for over two years, committed another murder."

With luck, the terrorists who broke out of that Yemeni prison will be recaptured before, like Jones, they kill again -- but it would be reasonable to fear the worst.

Like Druce, convicted murderers sometimes kill behind bars. Life without parole offers no protection from jailhouse killers to those inside prison walls such as guards and other inmates. In 2001 and 2002, the Bureau of Justice Statistics reported last year, 129 inmates in state prisons and jails were victims of homicide. A policy of ''lock 'em up and throw away the key" may keep a murderer alive only at the cost of sentencing someone else to die at his hands.

And then there are all the cases such as Hammadi's, in which convicted murderers are knowingly set free by the state. Germany's 15-years-and-out ''life" sentence is reminiscent of the Massachusetts policy under former governor Michael Dukakis, when even defendants sentenced to life without parole could look forward to regular weekend furloughs and eventual release on parole.

Other states have been just as casual about turning killers loose. In Louisiana, that state's supreme court noted in 1982, ''it was common knowledge that life imprisonment generally means 10 years and six months." According to The New York Times, in his first two years as California's governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger ''paroled 103 lifers, 89 of them murderers."

An astonishing number of violent crimes are committed by released prisoners. In a 1995 study, the Bureau of Justice Statistics found that in one 17-month period, criminals released on probation or parole inflicted at least 218,000 violent crimes, including 13,200 murders.

Not all ex-cons are murderers, of course. But it stands to reason that people who have already killed once are at least as likely as other criminals to turn to murder again, if they are given the chance. At least 8 percent of prisoners currently on death row had already been convicted of homicide before committing the murder for which they were sentenced to death. There have been 7,250 death sentences since 1976, suggesting that at least 600 additional victims died because their killers were not executed the first time they murdered.

Life without parole is no substitute for the death penalty when it comes to protecting innocent lives. That is not to say that execution is the appropriate punishment every time a defendant is convicted of murder. It is to say that it should be an option for jurors to consider as they weigh the evidence in individual cases. When justice calls for life without parole, the jury is allowed to say so. When justice calls for death, it should be allowed to say so too.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:28 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Doesn't seem to be working out too well in the UK either...

Convicted murderers who were set free to kill
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 07:32 pm
Innocence and the Death Penalty: The Increasing Danger of Executing the Innocent
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 09:46 pm
Arbitrary nature of the death penalty.

Quote:
Imagine that speeders who drive yellow cars are ticketed but speeders who drive other colored cars are not. Whether or not the traffic law explicitly singles out speeders in yellow cars, a system that reaches that result in practice would be unfair. In a death penalty system in which approximately 2% of known murderers are sentenced to death1, fairness mandates that those few who are sentenced to death should be comparable to others who are sentenced to death " and worse than those who are not. A system in which the sentence of death depends more on the color of the victim or the county that the crime is committed in than on the severity of the offense is also arbitrary.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:29 am
So your Doctor tells you that you have a serious disease that may eventually kill you. There are two potential cures:

Cure A. Effective 100% of the time... but the FDA fears that it is possible that it could be fatal to the patient… though there’s no proof that it ever has in the last several decades of use.

Cure B. Effective 99% of the time... but the FDA knows for a fact that it has proven fatal to the patient dozens if not hundreds of times.

After very little thought; I’d choose Cure A. Idea