California Voters Approve Gay-Marriage Ban

Ionus

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 12:44 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
...and saying that homosexuality was not accepted in Aristotle's day is like saying that lesbianism was not accepted on the isle of Lesbos.
It was more than accepted . It was compulsory .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 01:55 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Lets take a group of people who are, for all intents and purposes, bisexual . Because of the availablilty of homosexual sex, they gravitate towards that by default not preference . Their true preference is to have sex with anything that moves .

Given a lot of sexual dysfunction occurs during the growing years and during experimentation, there is a larger number of those who call themselves homosexual who are "interested" in children . In the post-hippy era, political correctness demands such things are not talked about . Therefore we have the unsustainable position where homosexuals and heterosexuals molest children equally . This simply isnt true . The sexually damaged molest children and they are to be found in far greater numbers amongst those who call themselves homosexuals .

True homosexuals, ie those that are born that way, have a very low incidence of child sexual molestation .

One of Aristotles contemporaries wrote that nothing sends him "all a shiver" more then the sight of their little limbs . I have conversed with female homosexuals who say things like "but wouldnt you just love to kiss that sweet little face" . As many have experimented with sex, been molested, started sex as children with the same sex due to play preferences and a thousand and one reasons for having sex when they too were children, these tend to be the hump anything crowd and are looking for children to have the same experiences as them .

The number one cause of heterosexual men abusing children is prison . The number one cause of heterosexual women abusing children is yet to be determined because more often than not they are gentle and get away with it . Most men who are gentle also get away with sexually molesting children .

I want you to honestly say you have never met a homosexual man who you thought was an actual or potential child molester . Or the number you have met that you suspected or knew .
This only seems to supply another reason why gays should be permitted to marry the partner of their choice. Take marriage away from heteros and you would have destitute desperate heteros with their own hangups and phobias acting out.

Marriage provides a boundary for those seeking appropriate consensual sexual relations.
Ionus

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:20 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Marriage provides a boundary for those seeking appropriate consensual sexual relations.
But it is a boundary that is constantly broken... isn't a promise good enough ? You don't need to be married to make a promise.
spendius

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:28 am
@Ionus,
With the real thing you do in order to ensure the promise is kept.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:58 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
But it is a boundary that is constantly broken... isn't a promise good enough ? You don't need to be married to make a promise.
Marriage is not only a boundary for two to mutually promise love but it is also a protective boundary for the perception by others. Two don't really need marriage to promise eternal undying love but society also needs to legally recognize this bond as equal to any other bond of similar status. (an example) If a woman divorces her husband and legally breaks a bond then marries a woman, the new bond must be equally as binding or the previous spouse may try and trump the new bond on the grounds that it is "inferior". If she found another man or stays single either way the old bond should be null and void. If she remarries the new bond should be of equal value.

spendius

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 11:14 am
@RexRed,
That could be done every night. The demand for it would determine the efficiency of operations. The idea that all the population are as decent and honourable as Rex obviously is is not one I'm going into bat for.

Ideas should be handled in their extreme forms for the sake of clarity. The extreme form of heterosexual marriage for life has been examined in both theory and practice at considerable length and I don't think it has been found wanting to anywhere near the extent the other pole has been and can easily be seen to be. In the sentimentalities of the wishy-washy middle ground the scope for highly subjectivised sophistry is almost limitless.
RexRed

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 07:00 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

That could be done every night. The demand for it would determine the efficiency of operations. The idea that all the population are as decent and honourable as Rex obviously is is not one I'm going into bat for.

Ideas should be handled in their extreme forms for the sake of clarity. The extreme form of heterosexual marriage for life has been examined in both theory and practice at considerable length and I don't think it has been found wanting to anywhere near the extent the other pole has been and can easily be seen to be. In the sentimentalities of the wishy-washy middle ground the scope for highly subjectivised sophistry is almost limitless.
The only sophistry that arises is when one is given marriage and the other something inferior. Then legal interpretations and endless jargon are permitted to diminish the value of homosexual marriage.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 04:55 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Troops march in San Diego gay pride parade

SAN DIEGO (AP) — About 200 active-duty troops and veterans wearing T-shirts advertising their branch of service marched Saturday in San Diego's gay pride parade with American flags and rainbow banners, marking what is believed to be the first time a military contingent has participated in such an event in the U.S.

There is progress in the wind - even as the log cabin republicans are upset.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 02:28 pm
http://www.hrcbackstory.org/2011/07/22740/?utm_source=Convio&utm_medium=email&utm_term=News-link-2&utm_campaign=HRCnews-July-2011
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 02:58 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Delegates also narrowly elected Brian Doughty, who is also openly gay, to replace state Rep. Jackie Biskupski, the House’s only openly gay member

I think I see a gay brother in law club going on here! I think that heterosexuals like me are not given a fair chance! I will get over it because I know that gays deserve way more than they get! Wink
RexRed

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 02:08 am
http://newsone.com/nation/washington-watch/ggaynor/president-obama-nominates-4th-gay-federal-judge/?omcamp=EMC-CVNL
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 02:10 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Delegates also narrowly elected Brian Doughty, who is also openly gay, to replace state Rep. Jackie Biskupski, the House’s only openly gay member

I think I see a gay brother in law club going on here! I think that heterosexuals like me are not given a fair chance! I will get over it because I know that gays deserve way more than they get! Wink
We don't deserve more or less than others, just a fair chance. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 07:52 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43859711/ns/us_news-life/
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 08:22 am
@RexRed,
Good to hear the news! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:00 am
@RexRed,
Rex, Here's a news article about Lutherans that should be of some interest for you.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-07-23-gay-marriage-Lutheran_n.htm?csp=YahooModule_News
RexRed

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Rex, Here's a news article about Lutherans that should be of some interest for you.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-07-23-gay-marriage-Lutheran_n.htm?csp=YahooModule_News
Thank you for thinking of me and including me in your posting of this article friend. The bible is increasingly being found to be unreliable in guiding people to "the truth"... Whether it be a round earth, Noah's ark, evolution, which gender God created first or the bible's errors concerning male and female homosexuality, and devil spirits causing illness.. the bible seems inept at answering these and many other issues. What or who is god? I prefer to hear that right from the horses mouth these days. If god is all powerful let him/her come down from heaven and if biblical truth is so important God can tell us personally and collectively.

If god does not even know the earth is round what surety do we have the issues of faith that are immeasurable by science are true? Considering that Judaism, Christianity and Islam are based upon these errant scriptures it seems that these days all that is coming out of religion are hot headed radical conservatives without a shred of love, tolerance or brotherhood.

Yes there is a fine line between good and evil, murder/killing will always be a sin except when done in self defense. The bible tells us to judge not but until God is here to do the judging we have no alternative than to judge in grace, mercy, fairness and kindness to others. The laws of the bible are set juxtapose to the liberty of the bible. With the heart, reason and science we may find truth that exceeds the radical hatreds of the past.

Is love of money the root of all evil or does love of religion share if not exceed in that root? I tend to think the devoutly religious exude much more evil than the rich.

RexRed

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:04 pm
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7374252n&tag=embedFD
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:05 pm
@RexRed,
Did all of you see this thread? I am not sure if you would be interested or not!
It seems as the shooter Had beliefs.

http://able2know.org/topic/174895-1
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:06 pm
@RexRed,
Rex wrote,
Quote:
Considering that Judaism, Christianity and Islam are based upon these errant scriptures it seems that these days all that is coming out of religion are hot headed radical conservatives without a shred of love, tolerance or brotherhood.

Amen; they are blind to their own irrational beliefs.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 04:04 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbe5QNvrLTo