California Voters Approve Gay-Marriage Ban

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 03:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's been explained to you ci. on a number of occasions. There are a number of reasons but they all boil down to the same thing. It's economic.

But I have accepted now that you will not dispute any of the arguments and enjoy asking you silly question because it gives you a sense of being wise, tolerant and clever.

All it proves if New York acquiesces to the demands being made is that it has acquisesced. Presumably marriage to a sister or mother comes next. Or sister's half sister. Or mother's sister. Or mother's daughter by another man.

It's associated with exogamy and making people look for new blood. If a sex can be endogamous, officially, as homosexuals seek to be, despite being now allowed to be unofficially, except in the small states mentioned, seafaring traditions being still strong there, except Iowa, for reasons I couldn't begin to speculate upon, then the door is open to arguments along exactly the same lines you are using in this case, for family endogamy which, of course, inhibits geographical exogamy. Slowly enough at first for you not to think it is of any importance but then you never do think anything is of any importance if it stands against what you want.

Members of families love each other more often than not. Although what love means has not been decided yet. Or can ever be truly validated. But with declarations being considered validations in your neck of the woods, Stupidville, I don't suppose you will understand what I'm talking about. And perhaps that is for the best.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 04:41 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
With it having not hoodwinked you Rex I take it you are strong-minded and a cynical infidel. In which case we should all admire you and follow your example.

I do think that we would be better off if we did!
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 05:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
As I said--declarations being validations what you think is a scientific fact.

Would you care to put some other types of reasoning logic on it. What you think is neither here nor there. I think we should close down TV and the Internet. And I see no objection to multiple spouses.

What is your objection to polygyny? The benefits problem can be taken care of by cancelling all benefits and uprating allowances for children.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 05:34 pm
@spendius,
spendi, According to your logic, it's okay for you to marry a cow - and you should, because the cow is smarter than you! You lack logic or anything resembling common sense. Loving another human who is not a relative is not the same as incest. Those are simple concepts most people understand, except people like you with a huge reservoir of imagination that goes beyond the realm of reality.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 07:45 pm
@RexRed,
Rex thank you for the reply I was not for sure that you wanted to allow this to be derailed but I can only guess that you are like me and you do not mind anyone asking or talking about different subject matters other than the title.

I will not say much for now because I have been up for more than 18 hours and I have to get up in 5 hours!

I would say that religion is certainly a huge problem but I can not be sure that it is the problem!

The problem that I see is that people have confirmation biases and do not question all of what they believe!

I think that we are the fifth ape and we are like all other animals, We have {GREED} holding us back when it comes to ethics!
spendius

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 02:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi, According to your logic, it's okay for you to marry a cow...

That's your logic--not mine. Marriage is for one man and one woman for life is my logic. Has that not been obvious? You are on the side of opening it up to different combinations. Not me.

Quote:
Loving another human who is not a relative is not the same as incest.

I didn't say it was. Nor would I. Where do you get these ridiculous ideas from? You have four thumbs up so there are others as stupid as you which must be very comforting. When people start thumbing up incoherence at that rate perhaps 30% unemployment would provide economic advantages.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 07:01 pm
This may be the best video that I have seen that describes the problems of this world and YES religion is included in it!

Have any of you seen this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YOIImOoYM
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 07:37 pm
@spendius,
Marriage are for two people in love. Who are you to restrict marriage to only for a man and woman? Are you god? God dosen't exist. You fail in logic and humanity. You promote ignorance and discrimination against other humans you don't even know or care about.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 07:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are correct but Spendius has said that this is an economic issue and we know how Spendius will go out of his way to protect his love of money don't we?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2011 09:28 pm
There are a number of pillars to marriage as I see it. (yes I am making this up as I go along) One is equality, one is divorce, one is consent, one is love, one is virtue and one is honesty. There may be more than this but this is how I see it. The cow analogy will not work because the cow cannot recite the marriage vows so there is no real "consent" there. (And Spendi can't tolerate whiskers...)

Equality is where both people within the marriage have a right to remain in the marriage or divorce as equality is also where the "whole heart" is involved. One heart, one spouse.

If one partner decides to take another lover no longer is the whole heart involved and the other partner in the “marriage” should be informed of this with “honesty” and have a choice as to if they want to remain or dissolve the marriage.

If they decide to remain, then technically, at this point it is no longer a marriage but a type of friendship or partnership. Thus the marriage is in a state of "divorce". Many married people live together in this state calling each other husband and wife, wearing the rings but there is no real marriage...

The most complex pillar is "love"... Love can be many things but there are things love is not.

The Greeks had a different word for each type of love where in English love is love is love. This makes if very difficult where love becomes an illusive all inclusive thing.

For the Greeks there was paternal and maternal love, there was brotherly and sisterly love, there was love of self or egotistical love, love of money or greed, sexual or erotic love and also agape or a love of the divine and so on...

There are many negative forms of love also and for this "virtue" must be defined. Virtue is mostly defined by "consent" and one must be at an age where consent is mature. Virtue is also governed by consequence as with brothers and sisters and the consequence of offspring being born abnormal. Certainly the same taboos do not apply if two brothers or two sisters decide to engage in erotic love. Should two brothers or two sisters the be allowed to marry? Many of them live secretly in love and most people do not find this a problem and this is because the consequence of an abnormal offspring is removed. In the small town where I grew up in there were two sisters that lived together all their lives and no one ever even batted an eyelash. They were nice ladies and one had been in the, errr, "military"... To each their own.

With homosexuality this consequence of abnormal offspring is not possible either thus there is no argument that there is no virtue in homosexual marriage. Even the raising of children by homosexuals are no more prone to abuse than children in heterosexual "families". Homosexual fathers love their children from previous marriages just as much as heterosexual parents who have split up and remarried. And homosexuals love their adopted children just as much as heterosexuals who adopt.

Even heterosexual marriages do not always produce offspring. Thus because there is no real adverse consequences to homosexuals being married, there is consent, honesty, love, equality and the option of divorce these pillars of marriage should likewise apply.

To add a pillar to marriage of compulsory offspring would negate marriages that do not produce offspring. Marriages that do not produce offspring have (hopefully) love, honesty, consent, virtue, equality and the option to divorce the very same thing as same sex marriages. To add a pillar of sexual gender as marriages only being between a male and female would negate same sex love, honesty, consent, virtue, equality and the option to divorce.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:35 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Religion IS the problem.
Religion is NOT the problem . Homosexuality was first banned in the Christian/Roman/Greek tradition some hundreds of years after Christianity BY A GAY EMPEROR !!

Quote:
RELIGION itself is full of hate, fabricated overboard sin consciousness and commendation.
Homosexuality itself is full of self gratification, lust, justification of hedonism and allowing any thought that enters the human mind to be acceptable .
Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You do mean adults not just humans, didnt you ?

At gay conventions you can buy expanding devices for when the child is literally too small . Most homosexuals know of at least one if not several homosexuals who want children for sex .
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:43 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
At gay conventions you can buy expanding devices for when the child is literally too small . Most homosexuals know of at least one if not several homosexuals who want children for sex .
Where do you come up with these tidbits of info?? I mean I think I get around but....
Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 01:21 am
@hawkeye10,
They had a special report on TV some years back . They went to a Homosexual convention in Brisbane where they got one to appear on camera, admitting he was the only one out of many that they spoke to who supported such measures but was the only one who would do so publicly .

I also have several male and female homosexual friends . We have very frank conversations .
RexRed

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 01:39 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
You do mean adults not just humans, didnt you ?

Pedophilia is certainly not exclusive to homosexuals... I am one homosexual dead set against it. I say shelter and let kids have a happy carefree childhood before they face this world of criminals and haters.
RexRed

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 01:47 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Homosexuality itself is full of self gratification, lust, justification of hedonism and allowing any thought that enters the human mind to be acceptable .
I am a homosexual and I don't feel all that ****! Are you gay?Are you talking from your own first hand experience? Did you read in the news today about a mother who microwaved her baby to death? Mental illness in not relegated to homosexuals only... bi's and straights are capable of just as much horror. You sound like you are struggling with your own hate perhaps your on latent gay gene? And, emperors, even gay ones can make errors in judgment. Gays are told all their lives their lifestyle is wrong and some are fooled into believing it. I don't...
Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 02:11 am
@RexRed,
Good for you Rex and I don't doubt you when you say that is your attitude . Unfortunately, you are a minority . There was a party organised in northern NSW where they had pre teen youths meet and greet about 100 guests who then went into where other male children were giving sex in bedrooms . One homosexual was disgusted and called the Police . He then had to go into hiding for his life . That hardly seems necessary if most homosexuals were against paedophilia .
Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 02:15 am
@RexRed,
Isnt it strange how you can see the extremism in my post about homosexuals and not in your post about religious people ? Surely if you can lump people together according to your bias than so can I....

Quote:
Gays are told all their lives their lifestyle is wrong and some are fooled into believing it. I don't...
Some homosexuals are born that way and they deserve neither our criticism nor condescension , they are normal . Other homosexuals, the vast majority, are manufactured by lifes experiences and choices .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 02:16 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

They had a special report on TV some years back . They went to a Homosexual convention in Brisbane where they got one to appear on camera, admitting he was the only one out of many that they spoke to who supported such measures but was the only one who would do so publicly .

I also have several male and female homosexual friends . We have very frank conversations .
Look at all the pedophilia perpetrated by straights in Islam? Your premise is simply hateful and sorely WRONG... Male Christians if they could bring back polygamy would next thing try for pedophilia. The Mormons tried to introduce polygamy into our society under the banner of pseudo Christian doctrines using Solomon and his harems as justification.

Have you ever had frank conversations with a Mormon Christian or an Islamist? You are simply painting people with a wide brush and you can now say that you have had a frank conversation with a homosexual who vehemently is opposed to pedophilia and I am also against multiple marriage partners... Any virtuous marriage that does not include monogamy is NOT marriage. If people want to live in polygamy let them do it unmarried. There are many closed doors that adult people mutually can do as the please behind, but pedophilia is a crime when perpetrated by an adult.

Also, the vast majority of teenage prostitutes are girls who are used and abused by STRAIGHT men...

You might want to get your facts right before you go accusing all gays of such tripe.
Ionus

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 02:19 am
@Ionus,
There was also a pub in Melbourne where you could go int to a "private petitioned table" where a pre-teen would come under the table and give head jobs ... for a price of course .

From my own experience I shared a toilet where a young girl, 14 or so, was having sex with a man several cubicles away . I eventually found a Police officer and he would do nothing, saying she must have been over 18 . I saw them both by exiting first and waiting . She was 14 .