California Voters Approve Gay-Marriage Ban

Ionus

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 03:39 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Some scholars think that is a transcription error, as the word for rope and camel are very similar . So it would be it is easier for a rope to pass through the eye of a needle....
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 03:40 am
@reasoning logic,
The same book I recommended to Rex .
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 11:19 am
@Ionus,
Thank you. I thought that it may have been the source but I was not sure.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 03:44 pm
There's hope.

Quote:
U.N. council passes protection of gay rights

GENEVA (AP) — The United Nations issued its first condemnation of discrimination against gays, lesbians and transgender people on Friday in a cautiously worded declaration hailed by supporters including the United States as a historic moment.

By Riccardo De Luca, AP

Members of the U.N. Human Rights Council narrowly voted in favor of the resolution put forward by South Africa, against strong opposition from African and Islamic countries.

"You just witnessed a historic moment at the Human Rights Council and within the U.N. system with a landmark resolution protecting human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people," U.S. ambassador Eileen Chamberlain Donahoe told reporters after the vote.

Couched in delicate diplomatic language, the resolution commissions a study of discrimination against gays and lesbians around the world, the findings of which will be discussed by the Geneva-based council at a later meeting.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 04:19 pm
http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/06/16/6876067-saudi-women-to-take-fight-from-web-to-road
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 04:58 pm
@RexRed,
Thank you for sharing. It is sad how people are treated around the world!

I have heard many times that it is common that gay people can be very, very intellectual and I was wondering if it could be because at a very early age gays are exposed to the bull **** that their environment has exposed them to which could have them questioning things very early in life!

Could it have been that you knew at a very early age that you were not the bad person that your environment had made you out to be and that made you question reality where as your peers just went along with the traditions taught?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 05:03 pm
Rex and anyone else that is interested would you please reply to this last post of mine on another thread I had started?

Religion is not the problem!

http://able2know.org/topic/173079-11#post-4642665
spendius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 05:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
We know that religion is not the problem rl. Shitbags are the problem. You have been jacking your fat ego off all these years thinking that shitbags hiding behind religion have something to do with religion. It was a convenience to you I presume. And I can see why it is so common too. Conveniences are very useful.

What you need to do is make the economic case for promiscuous sex, artificial birth control, divorce, adultery, homosexuality and abortion. That there might seem to be a case for them in the predicament we are in is neither here nor there in relation to principles. It's mere pragmatism. Cynical really.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 05:43 pm
@spendius,
Spendius I have seen you come across allot more { double negatively?} kinder when you try, Would you please sleep on it and then reply more constructively and less emotionally like I have see you do before?
spendius

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 08:41 am
@reasoning logic,
No rl--that won't do at all. You make the economic case for setting aside the Christian morality of sexual matters. They only exist as an economic case. Why on earth would an intelligent person think they exist for any other reason than economic ones? The Pope doesn't give a damn who is shagging who if it doesn't affect anything.

And look at the price the Church has paid in lost members because it isn't prepared to compromise on these issues. That tells you how important they are to the Church. Politicians would compromise their grandmothers for a few measly votes and not bother about economic matters beyond a few years and even then not necessarily. The Church was operating Darwinian principles donkey's years before Darwin's great-grandfather was a twinkle in his father's eye. It's theologians are and were very practical men and they were not burdened by the incessant nagging advice of women. No sons and daughters to put through college for those guys. And that's what causes the serious bullshit. You should avoid talking to a theologian about sex when he's had a couple of bottles of decent wine. They have archives miles long containing a synopsis of the confessions of millions of girls who all thought they were destined to everlasting torment if they told lies. Which is not like your average opinion poll where most people I know tell lies for a laugh. Or to help sabotage whatever silly plan the pollster has in mind when he or she approaches you. Which is why they take the trouble to approach you. They can't build a better mousetrap you see but they retain the urge to have the world beat a path to their door. **** them!! I know who I trust. Diddled little lads notwithstanding. I've never been diddled myself but I imagine that had I been I could have put it behind me as soon as I had a ball at my feet or was facing the fast bowler from the main rivals. Once would have taught me how to avoid any further diddlings. And I would have taught my mates how to as well.

In the days when the Old Testament was written human sacrifice was common. Thus victims were necessary. Homosexuals were not chosen because they were homosexuals. They were chosen because there were few of them. Anybody who stood out as different was in danger.

The OT can be seen as the book that eradicated human sacrifice. That's what the Abraham story does. Our God, our new God, stayed his hand. What alternative do you suggest would have eradicated what was a long-standing and settled institution. Try eradicating football with preaching an anti-establishment message.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 09:20 am
@spendius,
Wow Spendius you sure do have a different view point of reality than I do! Do you find many people that share these view points?

I think that we will evolve past the love of money Spendius but the church does seem to be used as a tool to keep this from happening

Here is a simple song about the reality I see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83E3mz8dng&feature=channel_video_title
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 09:46 am
@spendius,
Quote:
You make the economic case for setting aside the Christian morality of sexual matters.

I doubt that this would be satisfactory to you but if we did away with the churches where I live and use the money invested in them we could house, feed and educate all of the homeless!
spendius

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 01:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
That's a start rl. It might be a non sequitur mind you. In fact it might have the opposite effect. It would depend how the abolition of the churches was handled. What does "the money invested in them" mean? Asset stripping I suppose. What valuation do you put on the assets?

Would you have a ready alternative for somebody to tell us all to be "good"? Not that we are all that good I know. Which is a guide to how good we would be if there was nobody saying we should be good.

But at least you have got something solid to bite on at last. Think it through and let us know your conclusions.

Quote:
Do you find many people that share these view points?

Most people share my views when they are put to them in the right way. They generally simply hadn't thought about it properly before.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 08:59 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
What does "the money invested in them" mean? Asset stripping I suppose. What valuation do you put on the assets?

Would you consider tithes to be an investment in a church?

Where I am from we have multimillion dollar churches on every side of town and in almost every neighborhood!
Can you build a church for less than a million? If so you may want to inform our churches of this!
RexRed

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:20 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43454746/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 01:53 am
Religion IS the problem. The holy books say hateful and retarded things claiming they are written by God Almighty and people believe them. If the books did not make such claims then people would think it was just another person spouting off their own opinion. The books claim to be the immutable word and will of God. So we have psychos murdering abortion clinic doctors saying they are doing it in the name of God. They feel justified because they believed the book's claim of divine authorship.

"The finger of God wrote these LAWS in stone". THIS is the problems with religion. God did not write anything at all humans wrote these fables and myths and lied to the world as to their inception. It is a grand illusion and scheme designed to hoodwink the weak-minded and naive. These writings may be be about God and spiritual matters and sound holy but they are no more holy than, life, look, time and the readers digest. We have major religions with their own differing sets of contradicting laws, messiahs, and words of wisdom which are for the most part laughable and crude compared to today's science, medicine and psychology.

RELIGION itself is full of hate, fabricated overboard sin consciousness and commendation. This breeds this same contempt generation after generation in fools who mercilessly fall victim to its allure. Religion promises to be water and quench the thirst but it only leaves one dry, disillusioned and at the precipice of zero. It is seductive and has powerful peers who pedal its merits, silver tongued orators who make it seem appealing like heaven while concealing its hell and damnation within.

Children are indoctrinated with its Jesus and illustrious messiahs who performs miracles and if they don't conform they are plagued by its curses and damnation. It is a prison of the mind and the only emancipation is to see it for what it is... lies and treachery devised by narrow minded, un-illuminated religophobes and hypocrites whose own guilt leads them to persecute others with hellfire and unrealistic and subjective standards.

Religion blinds the mind of its followers to obey its God expecting its adherents to love others while it renders them incapable of doing so.

People say guns do not kill, people do. Well guns do not have the same allure as religion. Guns do not themselves alone claim to be a God. Gun are made of inert metals where words are the very nature of our thoughts. Words are the most powerful way to influence the mind. Words are the DNA of our psyche. Words can easily be grafted into our thinking patterns subtly and stealthily when ordained by such outrageous statements that they are "God's Word" and "holy". Words can be hateful and threatening when simply spoken or read...

It is like saying the Declaration of Independence is written by God... This is why the men signed their names at the bottom. It is written by men who saw ration and reason over grandstanding and trickery.
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 03:08 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Would you consider tithes to be an investment in a church?

Where I am from we have multimillion dollar churches on every side of town and in almost every neighborhood!
Can you build a church for less than a million? If so you may want to inform our churches of this!

Are the "tithes" you are referring to voluntary? If so they are the same as football stadium ticket prices and the premium charged on beer and burgers at games. It's a silly question.

A church can be built by marking out a space on the dirt with a stick and declaring it sacred. If you have all these expensive churches it proves there's a demand for them.

The demand for churches and football stadia is psychological. You need to change people's psychology.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 03:27 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
It is a grand illusion and scheme designed to hoodwink the weak-minded and naive.

With it having not hoodwinked you Rex I take it you are strong-minded and a cynical infidel. In which case we should all admire you and follow your example.

Is there any statistical correlation between homsexuality and supply or demand side occupations?

RexRed

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:41 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43463430/ns/us_news-life/
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 01:33 pm
@RexRed,
It's not so much that god's messages are conflicted, but that understanding right and wrong should be the over-riding issue; discrimination against other humans is wrong.

Why must they establish discrimination against other humans that they don't even know or care about? Is the control of other humans who love each other that important to them? In what other ways do they wish to get involved in their lives? Why?