Avoiding the Politics threads - You, too?

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:28 pm
Just peeped into one of the politics threads, then slammed the door shut & got out fast! Phew! Shocked Gosh, it's torrid in there!

Actually, I'm VERY interested in all things political, but find the "P" forum almost unbearably stressful when I'm very busy, tired, or already stressed by the demands of my non-virtual existence. At times like this the thought of a deep, (possibly torrid) political exchange is almost unbearable. Where do you guys get your stamina for this, I wonder?

And if, like me, you're into cowardly avoidance, why? Question What's your reason?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 11,480 • Replies: 263
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:30 pm
Masochism?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:32 pm
Oooooooooooooooooooh! Rolling Eyes Shocked
Just peeped again & read somebody describing someone else's argument as "steaming bovine excrement"! Shocked Nope, definitely not up to this today!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:34 pm
Msolga, those types of comments come mainly from two posters. If you refuse to make faces at the babboons (thanks Lola), they will hopfully go away.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:35 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Masochism?

Are you referring to my good self having a couple of quick looks in there, hobitbob?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:38 pm
hobitbob wrote:
If you refuse to make faces at the babboons (thanks Lola), they will hopfully go away.

Hmmmm, maybe ..
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:39 pm
msolga wrote:
hobitbob wrote:
Masochism?

Are you referring to my good self having a couple of quick looks in there, hobitbob?

More to myself for trynig to reason with the babbonns, and descending to their level!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:41 pm
Re: Avoiding the Politics threads - You, too?
msolga wrote:
Just peeped into one of the politics threads, then slammed the door shut & got out fast! Phew! Shocked Gosh, it's torrid in there!

Actually, I'm VERY interested in all things political, but find the "P" thread almost unbearably stressful when I'm very busy, tired, or already stressed by the demands of my non-virtual existence. At times like this the thought of a deep, (possibly torrid) political exchange is almost unbearable. Where do you guys get your stamina for this, I wonder?

And if, like me, you're into cowardly avoidance, why? Question What's you're reason?

If I had more sense, I'd follow your lead.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:42 pm
Courage, hobitbob, courage!
You obviously have more stomache for this than I have! Shocked
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:43 pm
hobitbob wrote:
msolga wrote:
hobitbob wrote:
Masochism?

More to myself for trynig to reason with the babbonns, and descending to their level!

Me too. <sigh>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:44 pm
Re: Avoiding the Politics threads - You, too?
Wilso wrote:
If I had more sense, I'd follow your lead.

So you've been in there today, Wilso?
Are you OK? Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:51 pm
Just had another peep ... (I'm feeling reckless today! Laughing )
Wilso! I see you've referred to somebody as a psychopath! Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:56 pm
msolga wrote:
Just had another peep ... (I'm feeling reckless today! Laughing )
Wilso! I see you've referred to somebody as a psychopath! Laughing

Only those I can get away with doing it too. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:57 pm
Time for something really important. The footy. Catch ya's all later.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:57 pm
Wilso, just looked back at the thread. the Babboon is still chortling. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 11:58 pm
Hey, Wilso, admit it: You're having a great time! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:15 am
I pretty much stay out of them because I can't stomache seeing people argue all the time, although once in awhile I can't help but have to go in and put in my 2 cents. I like to stick more with the threads that are on the lighter side of things. I'll take laughing over bitching any day. I did step into one tonight though. I swear I couldn't stop myself.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:19 am
I have to admit I love the fact that there is a forum where one can discuss books, history, music, film, silliness and politics, all in the same place! Very Happy Tempers flare in the politics forum, I have been guilty of this many times, but your participation is most certainly welcome.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:21 am
Yep, Montana, sometimes it's irresistible to get in there & have your two bob's worth. Other times, not such a good idea! Smile
Another thing that stops me from getting more involved: often the discussions/arguments are very US-based & frankly, I don't know the personalities & issues all that well from here in Oz. Still, it's an education, when you're in the mood for it! Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:23 am
Just can't stay away sometimes, even if it is somehow reminiscent of a cesspool at times. Anyway, that's where some of our best writers post their best stuff. Why they bother, knowing how they're going to be received, I'll never know.
0 Replies