I just buried Wench

Ragman

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:51 pm
@patiodog,
pining for the fjords, he was

looks like Gus' last posting in april 12 of this year.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:16 pm
@patiodog,
patiodog wrote:

He's pining for his 'omeland.

Fjords.

That's fjords.

Wot he is pining for.

Not 'is 'omeland.

His 'omeland 'AS fjords, though.

Being Norway and all.

patiodog

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 02:32 pm
@dlowan,
But I'm pretty sure Gus drives a Chjevy.
dlowan

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 03:21 pm
@patiodog,
And?
0 Replies

DavJohanis

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:09 pm
Here is an 'and' for you all.

The idea of snakes when mammals die, mammals which play or sit with you, is often a very appealing notion. So we buy one, learn all about it's needs and facilitate a vivarium of great acceptability.

Your new friend is rather dead the companion, in that he/she will not come on command, will not do much except be enjoying the life he had stolen to a sterile life of zero to slight hunt and flow.. He/she will likely not stay near the heatmat at the exact temperature you have been told snakes require and will try to hide in the rafters out of sight.. If there are any rafters for the poor adventure less little creature..

He/she may not bite you, making you feel comfortable with handling snakes, until one fine day, enough 'in/out' of cage becomes ENOUGH!.. Then you have to feel bad for his/her little ignorance of your endeavors, which stoically he/she tolerated.

The little dead or alive mice you feed it, by the bucket full (for one snakes decade) all hopped ever so entertainingly, just like the little stripey mouse or rat you kept as a friend previous, when they were with their little nest of bro's and sisters.. playfully bouncing to their happy little beat of life, all over each other and every thing. When they bounced it reminded you of how children have those days were they just cannot stop, as though every day is a glorious Xmas morn'. These things died and one shed a tear, yet there you are feeding them by the bucket load, to a reptile which belongs in a desert or a tree.

Escaping snakes flee for the world outside, 'FREEDOM!' or to your body temperature bed for a quiet recharge at soothing temperature.
Nothing quite like waking up with snake **** and a snake in your bed, they comprehend insult well.

Also, one should be careful saying 'keeping pets give pleasure', I am sure you meant to say, 'calming peace with a family feel' .. Or 'companionship'.

Oh and I would not look into newts if I were you, they are so sneaky, they escape a tank and a closed house and you cannot find how..

All that said, reptiles and the like are for the 'other guy' to my mind, the guy who has a few and carefully cultivates a true natures environment which leaves them content.

Also dead cats do not really bounce, they kind of scrape like cardboard quite far though... My apologies.
0 Replies

DavJohanis

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:26 pm
The thumbs down is why you all cower from the truth.
0 Replies

Ants Off

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 01:42 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
They touch our hearts in ways we are not always aware of. They bind their energy with our own and in an odd sort of a way we become one with them on a subtle level of being natural as nature intended. They teach us this, weather we know it or not. Your lucky to have had her for so long.
0 Replies