I just buried Wench

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:27 am
I appreciate your kind comments, GreenWitch and Chai. Did someone say something?
blatham

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:20 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
No, gus. Go back to sleep. The medicine won't even hurt.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 07:19 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
a bouncy kitty

Nice bouncy.. what? Oh, kitties.... it was kitties!!
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 07:36 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
Oh please, Mr Stillwater, don't get us started on a discussion of "the dead cat bounce." There is some economic theory -- too complicated to explain here -- that uses that as its shorthand. Really. I am not making this up.
Mr Stillwater wrote:

Quote:
a bouncy kitty

Nice bouncy.. what? Oh, kitties.... it was kitties!!
CowDoc

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 05:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
Actually, RJB, I think he confused his consonants for a bit. For Gus, though, I know all too well from my own and my clients' pets how tough this can be. My girl Goofy is now nine years old and diabetic, and I dread the day I know is coming. The best we can do is love and enjoy them while we can.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 06:55 pm
so sorry to hear it Gus. The next cute and fluffy thing that tries to snag me I will send on to you.
0 Replies

cliffdonovan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:16 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
I am sorry for your loss. This was a beloved family member. Not a "cat" so to speak. God be with you.
0 Replies

cliffdonovan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:17 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
So sorry for this loss of a lifetime loved one. God be with you.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:28 pm
My sincere condolences Gus. I told my little buddies, Claws and Madam Fluff about your loss and they were very sad and wouldn't eat their supper.
0 Replies

confuciancouscous

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 03:15 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
My friend and I had a cute black cat. She was the echt breed with olive green eyes. Sometimes looked quite satanic, and had a habit of sitting with disdainful coolness upon the roof of the neighbour's extension. Rather old, at 18yr. Got knocked off a chair and rendered blind and deaf. Nursed her for a week but she couldn't groom herself. Took her in a box to a well known pet dispensary for poor people in Barking Road. Held her as the vet injected the lethal overdose, and cried "we are so sorry". Walked back to Canning Town tube station like a pair of sentimental fools with tears running down our cheeks. How terrible it is to agree to end the life of a creature one has loved. Let none of us forget that mortality is built into life.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 03:19 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
I'm sorry for your loss. I had 2 cats for 17 yrs and had to bury them both in last 2 years, too...due to their old age. Other than them having accidents with cars (you can't teach them to drive), they were healthy until the end.

Now it's 1.5 yrs later and I have a 3 yr old rescue white border collie. Pets are special souls and when you live alone, they make the difference.
0 Replies

amieth

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 01:35 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
I can understand ur feeling even I lost my doggie, Diana this Sunday, was very painful, now also I can see her everywhere in my house, playing like a kid making me run behind her, cannot forget her, I pray to god that give me Diana again in this life or next, whatever happens................
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 02:03 pm
@amieth,
Shortly after he posted all this, we lost Gus. Somehow though, I think he got your message .
chai2

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 02:11 pm
@farmerman,
He still posts sometimes.
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 02:39 pm
@chai2,
NO NO, you are wrong WE LOST GUS. GUS IS NO MORE
patiodog

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:07 pm
@farmerman,
He's pining.
msolga

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:09 pm
@patiodog,
Awwww. Sad

Cheer up, Gus, wherever you are & whatever it is you're pining about.
patiodog

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:10 pm
@msolga,
He's pining for his 'omeland.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:18 pm
Gus got into his old truck and drove over the horizon, into the sunset.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 05:47 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
My sincere sympathies on your loss. May Wench have all the mice chasing she could ever dream of.

After the losses of my 2 cats Bonkers and Meshuganeh (both older than 17), I didn't have a pet for 2 yrs. Now I have a rescued Border Collie (6yr old) and my life is full again.

{Ooops. this was 2 yr old post}
0 Replies