Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 05:12 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
gus,

sorry to hear... RIP Wench...
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 05:15 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
My condolences, Gus. I was happy to see you posting again but I feel sorry about your loss.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 06:07 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

You don't really get another cat, you know. Cats just kind of happen.

that is SO true.
I did not want a second cat. In fact, I swore that when Kitten died ( shes 10 ) that she would be the end of cats.

Then Flash Gordon happened.

I was going to take him to the pound because he was just a baby.
But he then went and slept with my daughter, let her fling him around like a stuffed toy and did nothing but love me.
I was sold the day he took a flying leap off the counter to land in my arms.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 06:21 am
It's a heartache. So sorry Gus.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 07:51 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
I am available to be your next pet.
I promise I am not loveable and if you find yourself breaking down and getting fond of me, I will peck you on the ass, and all will be right with the world again.
snood

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 08:57 am
@DrewDad,
Gus I think I know how you feel as I've buried both pet dogs and pet cats. You dont know how attached you are until you have to let 'em go. Heartfelt sympathies.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:15 am
@Heeven,
Heeven!!!!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:37 am
@dyslexia,
Nahh. In Gus's case, he also needs to shave.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:40 am
@Merry Andrew,
. . . but also what Bi-Polar Bear said. If you're serious, Gus, you'll be pleased to know you have my deepest sympathy.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:40 am
@gustavratzenhofer,

gus
sorry for your pain
heres to the good times you had
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 04:52 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Sorry for your loss gustavratzenhofer.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 05:20 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Gus, My deepest sympathies over the loss of your friend, but it's good to see you are still with us.

(Reptiles smell bad and eat live, squeaking rodents. I've always envisioned you with a parrot, and they live so long he will probably have to bury you.)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 06:51 pm
hey.
Joe( Crying or Very sad )Nation
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 07:38 pm
@roger,
Quote:
You don't really get another cat, you know. Cats just kind of happen.

Y'know - I always thought that, too.

But after my Tigger died, I waited for months and no cat came; no cat happening, nuthin! I had a cat-free house, and didn't do any of the things I blame Possum for my not being able to do now....

I had to go out and get another cat - from a pet shop. And Possum-cat entered my life - and it's never been the same.

No other person has ever bullied me so much (and lived!)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:23 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
I understand, Gus. When our last of six cats died we decided not to have any more (not counting the feral who lives and eats in our backyard). Too painful when they die. My blessings to your uberwench.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:00 am
Damn it, Gus, now you've gone and messed up the image I have of you in your swamp. Loving a cat doesn't fit your profile. But, having lost two dogs this year, I forgive you.

Sad that you don't want another cat because it hurts so much to lose them. I immediately replaced my two dogs, even the same names, because that's what worked best for me. You will chose your own way.

Here Kitty Kitty! Want a nice new loving home instead of the Pound?

BBB
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:05 am
I would like to thank you all for your feedback. I have decided to take farmerman's advice and move on. All other suggestions and condolences were appreciated as well but due to the amount of responses I will be unable to respond to each of you in a courteous fashion.

I feel bad about not responding to Joe Nation since he obviously spent a great deal of time typing but I have to draw the line somewhere.
wandeljw

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:11 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Don't worry about Joe Nation, Gus. We are concerned about YOU. Will you be posting again?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:11 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Gus, when I had to put my first cat down, I would burst into tears at unexpected times for a several weeks.

When I took some leftover vet type food she had to eat to the animal shelter, I decided to go in and look at the cats/kittens.

I stood there looking at them and kept thinking "none of you are as good as Simi, none of you dammit!"

Eventually though, when it was time, I became charmed by a bouncy kitty, and fell in love again.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 09:19 am
It's not just the pain of losing them. Having just spent $400 to have a cyst removed from my bulldogs head, I can understand why people chose not to have pets. Our vet bills are easily over a thousand dollars each year.

Hope you stick around Gus.
0 Replies