Colin Powell to Endorse Obama?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:07 pm
@Diest TKO,
Buchannan threw in the race issue; how sad that he's also a bigot. A white person endorsing a white person is also a race issue?
Eorl

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Give him as much rope as he wants. I read something like 75% of Americans like Colin Powell. If the Republicans want to attack him ...great!
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:26 pm
@Eorl,
the polls are a bit tricky, as people tend to say that they have a favorable opinion of people they don't know very well. Powells high favorability rating might mean that he will have influence, but it could mean that few care what he thinks. I suspect the latter.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:41 pm
In my mind here's what I see...

I see average everyday moderate republicans far from the Foxfyre, okie, ican, or even cjhsa brand who are probably getting upset seeing people like Pat Making them look bad. Those moderate republicans aren't racist people, they don't want to be associated with this kind of thing.

Maybe they'll still vote for McCain.
Maybe they'll vote for Obama.
Maybe they'll just stay home.

I think that the republican's are seriously alienating part of their base which doesn't care about issues like abortion, gay marriage or school prayer. It's obvious that the End game McCain has chosen is to attack Obama until election day and then just cross his fingers that for every republican that he scared into voting for him, that there is two Obama supporters that stay home because...

1) They think it's over so they don't vote.
2) His attacks keep them home.

I think he's over estimating his influence.

T
K
O
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:18 pm
@Diest TKO,
I'm sorry but the simple fact that Pat can't see why his comment about Powell's endorsement of Obama is a race thing makes him a racist, because he has never questioned why a white's endorsement of a white candidate never was voiced.

Why else would he bring it up? Ignorance.

As for this election and how it's progressing for Obama, I doubt very much things will change much during the next two weeks. It's a very simple conclusion; a) McCain/Palin continues to lose voters, b) McCain can't even get the political base to support him, c) he failed in Washington DC to get the bailout passed (that's not leadership), d) Palin has begun to be a negative in McCain's campaign, e) McCain/Palin's message are mostly negative at a time most people want to hear about the economy, f) many red states are turning blue for this election, g) many older men and women are voting in larger numbers for a democrat, h) the young and college students are heavily favoring Obama over McCain, i) Hispanics are leaning Obama in important states like Florida, j) the polls show Obama with a huge lead in the electoral votes - like about 100 (some shows Obama with 377), k) more republican leaders are turning against McCain, l) the McCain/Palin message gets more desperate and unreasonable as we approach November 4, and m) the bait and switch tactics of McCain has most voters confused.

1. Obama may win by a landslide.
2. Obama may win by a landslide.
3. Obama will probably win by a landslide.

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 12:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
No doubt Obama is winning, but there is still some cynical grey matter in my skull that wonders if the Democrats will prove that once again they have a vision more inline with what America wants/needs but are overconfident and don't show up on November 4th.

Perhaps that's it for me. I'm convinced that Obama has a greater following, so if he doesn't win, it will not have been about racism, terrorism, religion, or a favoring of McCain's politics. At this point, if Obama doesn't win, it will be the total fault of the democrats.

I'll be greatly upset if that happens, but a part of me says that if that happens, it will mean to me that the US won't take responsibility for its future and perhaps we aren't worth the effort. We'll deserve another 4 years to remind us of our responsibility. I won't blame Obama. I think he's done a great job. I think he's done everything he's needed to do.

T
K
O
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 02:03 pm
@Diest TKO,
Funny how when Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a very long time Democratic supporter and personal friend of the Clintons announced her support for McCain, Pat (or Rush) didn't call her a racist.
Eorl

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 05:43 pm
@engineer,
I was looking for an equivalent situation to make that point, I think you found it.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 07:26 pm
@Eorl,
It doesn't matter. It's not like the conservatives here on A2K are going to acknowledge the example or admit that people like Pat or Rush are just scumbags.

T
K
O
0 Replies