Colin Powell to Endorse Obama?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:17 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Colin's true "colors" come shining through.

He's not the only one whose true colors are showing, Cj.

Cycloptichorn
Miller

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:18 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Powell's been bought and paid for. I noticed Obama hasn't given Hillary a "role" in his "administration" ( which he doesn't have yet).
Miller

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:20 pm
@Miller,
Here's hoping Powell has role for Gov Deval Patrick, so we can get rid of him here in Massachusetts and finally be able to balance the budget.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Powell knows how to buy himself a job.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081020/ap_on_el_pr/obama
cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

cjhsa wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You like my hunter orange eh?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:50 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

cjhsa wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You like my hunter orange eh?

More like a white hood.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:53 pm
@cjhsa,
well cj let's say you are looking for a position ... for whatever reasons....will you turn in your resume to the company with the going out of business sign in the parking lot or the one that's doing business and has a full parking lot?
cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 01:08 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Depends on the company. I'm not applying to Gun Control, Inc.
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 02:07 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Oh give me a break. When 99/100 blacks are gonna vote for a brother, your argument is dumb as dirt.

Perhaps then it is time the republican base realizes and admits that it's not offering much to people outside of a limited demographic. When you consider that an overwhelming majority of African-American's would be supporting the democratic choice independent of Obama, you realize that the support he'll get from that community probably close to the same in percentage. The significance of him being black is most likely to increase the volume of people, not the political leanings of African-Americans.

Powell is a very experienced person, and one which is valued for his skills. The idea that because he is black so he is going to support the other black guy ignores all of his accomplishment and expertise.

Your racial bigotry will only make me feel better if Obama wins, because I'll know that some racist idiot in MI is now going to be governed by the very thing he thinks he's superior to. I hope it hurts.

T
K
O
spendius

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 04:06 am
@Diest TKO,
Gee! I thought Powell would wait until Obama had a 20 point lead before making such a daring move.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 06:06 am
@cjhsa,
I bet you would if your family was hungry enough...
cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 06:53 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Not a chance bear.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:05 am
Well, we had to hear from The Dark Cloud himself...

Bob Novak
Quote:
Powell's Predictable Endorsement
Gen. Colin Powell’s endorsement of Barack Obama for president, in effect ending Powell’s brief interlude as a Republican, was the least surprising and most predictable event of an unusually unpredictable election cycle. The interaction between Powell and the Republican Party was never a marriage made in heaven. Accordingly, it is hard to remember that as recently as 1992, influential Washington Republican power-brokers were seriously promoting Powell as their party’s nominee for president.

Regarding Powell as “our Eisenhower,” they considered him the solution to a bleak landscape of possible candidates in that year’s election.

Fortunately for all concerned, Powell declined their overtures and, at the advice of his wife, Alma, decided to stay out of any kind of elective politics.

I'll just wait until Alterman or someone else delivers up some quotes from Novak during that time period that whistle a different tune.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:56 am
@blatham,
Novak just forgot to mention the simple fact if called upon by Obama to fill any position, he will do so.
spendius

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's the purpose of the endorsement surely?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:26 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Well, we had to hear from The Dark Cloud himself...

Bob Novak
Quote:
Powell's Predictable Endorsement
Gen. Colin Powell’s endorsement of Barack Obama for president, in effect ending Powell’s brief interlude as a Republican, was the least surprising and most predictable event of an unusually unpredictable election cycle. The interaction between Powell and the Republican Party was never a marriage made in heaven. Accordingly, it is hard to remember that as recently as 1992, influential Washington Republican power-brokers were seriously promoting Powell as their party’s nominee for president.

Regarding Powell as “our Eisenhower,” they considered him the solution to a bleak landscape of possible candidates in that year’s election.

Fortunately for all concerned, Powell declined their overtures and, at the advice of his wife, Alma, decided to stay out of any kind of elective politics.

I'll just wait until Alterman or someone else delivers up some quotes from Novak during that time period that whistle a different tune.

Haven't those very same things all been said about John McCain by his own party as recently as this summer?
blatham

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Haven't those very same things all been said about John McCain by his own party as recently as this summer?

They are into circular firing squad mode now. That will get pretty acute over the next while after Nov 4 really sinks in.

Then the particularly rabid contingent will parts of the right will;
1) attack the Marxist CIC
2) attack the Marxist-loving media

But the movement and the party will be a very pale shadow of what it had been and that's going to last a long while.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 03:19 pm
@blatham,
What I think is that Obama will put into his cabinet both conservatives and liberals, making it difficult for neocons to criticize too much, although they'll continue to do so like they continue to talk about Ayers - who has the support of conservatives and liberals.

There's no cure for stupid.
spendius

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That sounds a bit like a one party state type of thing to a Limey.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:57 pm
Then along comes Pat Buchanan... he won't embarrass himself on TV.

T
K
O