What my psychologist friend said about Sarah Palin

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:47 am
I have a close friend who is a PHD psychologist and asked her whether or not my opinion of Sarah Palin was valid:

Sarah Palin obviously has always been and remains an attention-seeking self-absorbed woman, probably afflicted with symptoms of Attention Seeking Syndrome. Her behavior is very similar to histrionic personality disorder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

After observing Palin's behavior and reading about her personal history, the psychologist's reply is:

I think that Sarah Palin is definitely suffering from histrionic personality disorder. All of her actions fit into that diagnosis, which is pretty scary given her VP candidacy. Have you noticed that as of late she is letting her hair down? She's trying to appeal to the male population, and she seems to be very successful at doing that so far.

We have a great Republican team. One of them is paranoid and power hungry and the other is histrionic. What a great match.

After watching John McCain's body language during the last debate, the split-screen images of McCain's facial expressions while Obama spoke demonstrates that McCain is on the edge of rationality.

BBB

Below viewing threshold (view)
okie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:52 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Sarah Palin obviously has always been and remains an attention-seeking self-absorbed woman.

Hillary Clinton obviously has always been and remains an attention-seeking self-absorbed woman.

Barack Obama obviously has always been and remains an attention-seeking self-absorbed man.

Joe Biden obviously has always been and remains an attention-seeking self-absorbed man.

Or substitute lots of names, BBB, maybe even your psychologist friend? How funny.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:08 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB wrote:
I have a close friend who is a PHD psychologist and asked her whether or not my opinion of Sarah Palin was valid:n[...]

After observing Palin's behavior and reading about her personal history, the psychologist's reply is:

Any doctors who diagnose based on hearsay, and without examining the alleged patients personally, automatically lose all medical authority they might otherwise have. BBB's source is slandering Palin in the guise of a medical opinion. And BBB is making herself an accessory to slander by passing it on here.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:24 am
Even Betty Bowers, America's greatest Christian, agrees with my psychologist friend:
Wink Wink Wink

Mrs. Betty Bowers' Christian Newsletter
McCain Bloopers from a Campaign Full of Them!
19/16/08

I'm fascinated by the rebranding of products that goes on in this ever-resourceful, credulous, crumbling America of ours. John McCain, a selfish, spoiled, name-dropping chatterbox, who simply couldn't stop yapping to the North Vietnamese, is rebranded a selfless hero. Sarah Palin, a lying pathological narcissist, is improbably rebranded as, well, sane. And Barrack Obama, someone who made his start being kind to the poor, is rebranded an anti-Jesus terrorist! Well, honestly, if we Republicans can successfully rebrand Jesus himself as a bellicose materialist, is anyone truly safe from an inventive Madison Avenue make-over?

What is most entertaining about John McCain and Sarah Palin is that they don't wait for someone else to rebrand them; they are too busy marketing themselves. And they prefer their slogans as vivid as they are simple. Barracuda! Hero! Pit-bull! Maverick! It's a conceited -- and cynical -- undertaking. It is also a patronizing acknowledgement of a rather base base, which prefers a good story to a real one.

In the desperate throes of ineptitude and the toxic backwash of the frenzied hatred and racism they have coyly set in motion, Palin/McCain [sic.] have turned their hobby of repackaging on their opponent. And it's getting rather uncomfortable to watch. And if you think what they say in public is unseemly and shocking, just wait until you see the stuff they didn't release, on an exclusive copy of their campaign attack ad bloopers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO6SHS4Cq5Q
cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:25 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Palin scares the **** out of liberal asshats, and I love it.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:28 am
@Thomas,
I learned to slander after watching McCain and Palin become experts at it.

BBB
Gargamel

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:30 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Palin scares the **** out of liberal asshats, and I love it.

You keep saying that. And yet your posts since Obama's taken a laad he will not relinquish are so saturated with fear and paranoia, to the extent that you've been reduced to making veiled threats on his life.

Who's scared?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:31 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

I learned to slander after watching McCain and Palin become experts at it.

"It's OK because other people do it"?

That's unworthy of you , BBB.
Below viewing threshold (view)
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:33 am
More Betty Bowers humorous opinions:

Mavericks for Sale

When John McCain constantly refers to himself as a “Maverick,” I assume he means a cheap, poorly put-together, domestic car that had its best days 30 years ago. Otherwise, I’m embarrassed for him. While self-deprecatory automotive analogies can be endearing (Gerald Ford once won America’s heart for almost a whole day by telling her that he was a Ford not a Lincoln), when McCain introduces himself as a maverick, he doesn’t sound as if he is being folksy or humble. No, it always comes across as awkward bragging.

“My friends, I’m a maverick!” It’s odd, and a bit unseemly. Good taste " and reality " require waiting for someone else to compliment or define you. It would be as if Barrack Obama constantly greeted people by saying, “Hi, I’m a great public speaker!” Or Mitt Romney walking into a room with a swagger and said, “My name is Mitt and I have really great hair!”

And let's not even get into Sarah Palin bragging about herself. It would be unfair to expect anything else. After all, that slapdash yokel is just too brash and tacky to provide either false modesty or true facts. She is a mean-spirited con artist, ruthlessly devoted to winning at all costs. And, as she will constantly remind you, she's a cow (at least that's how I interpret her calling herself a 'maverick," which is just another word for cattle people don't value enough to brand).

And does the word maverick have any worth or meaning when it is used compulsively and proactively? Aren’t such people supposed to eschew predictability? Could a genuine maverick tell you how he will act for the next eight years? No, because you’re a maverick when you naturally follow your impulses. When you self-consciously call yourself a “maverick” because the word tests well with your base, you aren’t a maverick; you are a preening poser.

And you have done what no true maverick would countenance: allowed yourself to be defined by one word, a word that is little more than an advertising slogan. But when you think of yourself as simply merchandise to be sold, rather than an individual with ideas, you sell yourself, rather than your ideas. Every comment is aimed at moving product, not the conversation or voters.

Nowhere is this seen more uncomfortably than in the unseemly way McCain mechanically, and very cynically, calls upon his rather stale status as a POW. This biographical opportunism has gotten so perfunctory " so predictable " it has become just another marketing gimmick, like pretending the country comes first when every strategy and remark reveals that only winning holds such an urgent priority. And, if you’ll pardon the Evelyn Waughism, it’s rather cringe-making to listen to someone relentlessly regale you with his amazing bravery. There are reasons why you are expected to let other people (in this case, well paid political prostitutes) say such things. Otherwise, you come across as crazy or, worse, crass.

It comes down to two things: manners and common sense. Things the inane and crude Sarah Palin apparently never learned. And things John McCain, a rude, ill-tempered serial-adulterer, is too much of a war-scared maverick to still have. Maybe those two are selling an old heap of junk after all.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:36 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
I have a close friend who is a PHD psychologist...

You need more than one.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:39 am
@DrewDad,
Sorry my joke disappointed you DrewDad, but it's time people realized that McCain-Palin have serious personality flaws.

BBB
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:29 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
The closing remarks by Obama and McCain proves your point; Obama talked about the Americans who are hurting and what he plans to do, and McCain talked about himself. We don't need no psychologist to tell us who is self-absorbed and who really cares for the American People.

Criticisms not withstanding.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Faces of John McCain
by Marty Kaplan - Huffington Post
Posted October 15, 2008

Man, those relentless close-ups were cruel. And the split screen was killer. If you only heard the debate on the radio, you missed the show of the century.

Ninety minutes of John McCain making faces was more than enough for a lifetime. He smirked. He grimaced. He sneered. He fake-smiled. It's hard to imagine anyone willingly inviting that antic lemon-sucking grinfest into their homes for the next four years.

His face was a way better read-out of how the debate was going than the CNN seismograph of independents. The more rage he felt, the more weirdly pixillated his expressions. It's ironic that McCain more than once warned debate-watchers to beware Obama's eloquence, because if you ignored the words, there was nothing left to do but be mesmerized by the flamenco being done by his cheeks, his lips, his eyebrows, his eyes.

At least he didn't wink.

video:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/15/angry-mccain-at-final-deb_n_135071.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Radio doesn't do it any justice when body language may provide more information over what they're saying.

However, I listened to George Stephanopoulos' analysis of the debate, and he scored both A, A-; A,A; and B,B. What that told me was Stephanopoulos doesn't know what hell he's talking about. He missed not only the body language, but he equalized the negatives between the two candidates as if very little existed. He gets an "F" for his "unbiased" analysis for yesterday's debate.

They're paying him too much for his analysis. He's a loser; he also rated the second debate so close, there was very little difference. He's an analyst?

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Obama looked like a blacktail deer caught in headlights.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 01:00 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

BBB wrote:
I have a close friend who is a PHD psychologist and asked her whether or not my opinion of Sarah Palin was valid:n[...]

Any doctors who diagnose based on hearsay, and without examining the alleged patients personally, automatically lose all medical authority they might otherwise have. BBB's source is slandering Palin in the guise of a medical opinion. And BBB is making herself an accessory to slander by passing it on here.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 03:04 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Feh.
Debra Law

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 03:53 pm
@Thomas,
Oh come on, Thomas. Can't we have some fun? LOL
0 Replies