True Republican thought

Lash

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 06:52 am
Wyo's screed on nutty black extremists was no worse than pegging all Republicans with the insane ideas of the idiots featured in your clip, Cyclo. I do hate that they call themselves Republicans. Things like this DO make me glad Obama was elected. They'll see that the world doesn't come to an end....maybe they'll get a bit of an education.

Unfortunately, I've heard some of this from people I know....

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:32 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Wyo's screed on nutty black extremists was no worse than pegging all Republicans with the insane ideas of the idiots featured in your clip, Cyclo. I do hate that they call themselves Republicans. Things like this DO make me glad Obama was elected. They'll see that the world doesn't come to an end....maybe they'll get a bit of an education.

Unfortunately, I've heard some of this from people I know....

Heck, me too. Too often. That's why I posted it in the first place. Too many people I know displayed blatant racism when discussing Obama during the election. It's easy enough to understand why; frustrating to watch the guy beat your candidate.

The sad part is the kids who won't realize until they are older how badly their parents screwed them up.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 10:56 am
@Cycloptichorn,
The true MACs of this country; racists and homophobes. Where's Foxie?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:41 am
Good thread about racism. It is sad so many Americans are uninformed about Obama. I was once... It is not easy giving the steering wheel to an unknown young black American. I was definitely skeptical until after the election when I was forced to reconcile my differences. Many Americans are not necessarily racist, some are just cautious. That is not a crime. Obama even now has his own racism to deal with. I think now is a time for healing and healing and burying the past is not a bad thing. Obama is still young and I feel sure the world is going to shape him up into a great leader. I trust him now and I hope he has left "his own" err, racism behind for a more noble cause that separates him from the fear mongering news media. I am a white man that fully supports him and it behooves him to do the same...
0 Replies