True Republican thought

slkshock7

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo,
You've really lost your sense of reality on this one....even Obama has stated that he doesn't believe McCain or Palin are racist...so why do you continue to feed the fire.

Obama wrote:
“Let me be clear...In no way do I think that John McCain's campaign was being racist; I think they're cynical, and I think they want to distract people from talking about the real issues.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:50 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

Cyclo,
You've really lost your sense of reality on this one....even Obama has stated that he doesn't believe McCain or Palin are racist...so why do you continue to feed the fire.

Obama wrote:
“Let me be clear...In no way do I think that John McCain's campaign was being racist; I think they're cynical, and I think they want to distract people from talking about the real issues.

He says what he has to say. He couldn't accuse McCain of racism without a big backlash coming upon him. I suffer no such restrictions.

I would think that the people who are 'feeding the fire' are the ones shouting epithets at Palin rallies, the ones making racist literature about Obama, and generally the hatemongers on the right, who are scared of a black guy running the country - but know that they can't say that out loud in today's society - and make it perfectly clear that this is how they feel through their words and actions.

Cycloptichorn
slkshock7

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 07:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, I guess it's your perogative to believe whatever you wish...but that doesn't make it true.

You think it's the right raising the race card...I say it's the left. In truth, it's the fringe on both sides and if you would look at it objectively you would have to agree, Cyclo.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:14 pm
@slkshock7,
There's no benefit for either side to bring up the race card except in those circles where racial bigots love to talk about Arabs, Muslims, and domestic terrorists lurking around the corner.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Would you like to see what the consequence of fomenting hate and discord with your presidential candidates are, Republicans?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0[/youtube]

McCain is almost certainly going to lose, but he made sure to rile up a bunch of mouth-breathing morons with his racist and xenophobic accusations towards Obama these last few months. It's made the world a more dangerous place.

I would be ashamed to have bigots on the same side as me, personally...

Cycloptichorn

And, of course, you've been so gentle about McCain by way of contrast.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 10:00 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

slkshock7 wrote:

These calls about racism are simply Dem fear tactics designed to get folks to the polls...and completely unfounded.

Quote:
Inland GOP mailing depicts Obama's face on food stamp
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2008/10-16/racist16_400.jpg

look, since i'm one of those folks who believe that the word racism gets tossed out too often and is used as an excuse a lot of the time, i'm not inclined to have a knee jerk reaction to this.

so, let me give it too you straight slkshk7;

if you've ever lived in so cal, where this letter originated, you'd know that most of the food here falls into mexican, asian, middle eastern stuff with a few burger joints that still sell burgers instead of kabobs. so cal kfc's are a complete joke.

although i love fried chicken, being a southern boy, most people here just aren't into it. we have a lot of picnics with friends and family. in the 33 years i've lived here, watermelon has made an appearance once. ribs more often.

the point is that when the average person in southern california thinks about "just food", as the woman claims; ribs, cool aid, fried chicken and watermelon are not the first things that jump to mind.

those foods do, however, have a general indentification in the old days as being favorites of blacks.

who's kidding who? "just food"? gimme a break.

even to me, it's obvious that the woman wanted to make it clear that if obama becomes president, "alla those darkies are gonna be soaking up the food stamps for a daily fix o' fah-ried chicken and waddymeluns".

it's not the first time i've seen the gop come up with this crap either. i was at my place down in tennessee a couple of years ago when the state gop ran the idiotic "harold, call me" ads.

maybe you're okay with overlooking "just a little racism" over politics. i'm not.

in any case, i tend to vote for the person that's i think is going to do the best job, no matter what color, what party or what sex.

this time, i think that person is obama.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:36 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
DTOM, Did you see the presentations by McCain and Obama at the Al Smith fund raiser yesterday? McCain looked like the "old" McCain that I would have voted for. A shame he became such a hateful, old, man.
slkshock7

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 12:13 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DTOM wrote:
maybe you're okay with overlooking "just a little racism" over politics. i'm not.

in any case, i tend to vote for the person that's i think is going to do the best job, no matter what color, what party or what sex.

this time, i think that person is obama.

I'm not okay with overlooking "just a little racism". Not sure how you got that perspective from my posts, but wanted to be clear on that. I too will vote for the person I think is best for the job, not based on color, party or sex....and this time I think that person is McCain.

I am also not so naive to believe racism is extinct in the US. As I told Cyclo, what this woman did was wrong...she admits it, as does everybody else. But Cyclo and a lot of the left are implying that McCain endorses this woman's racist actions but they have nothing to support this assertion other than so-called racist "code-words" that they've made up.

Look at Biden...he's said "“In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

In my opinion, that is certainly no less racist than what this woman has said and this is one of the guys on the Dem ticket, not some peon buried deep in the Repub grass roots. Yet you and the Dems are willing to overlook Biden's "little racism".

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 12:17 pm
@slkshock7,
Quote:
But Cyclo and a lot of the left are implying that McCain endorses this woman's racist actions but they have nothing to support this assertion other than so-called racist "code-words" that they've made up.

You have misconstrued my argument here. I never claimed that McCain endorsed this woman's actions; I claimed that his speech encouraged this and other words of intolerance and xenophobia amongst his supporters. There's a clear difference.

Cycloptichorn
cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 12:17 pm
@slkshock7,
Biden. What a cracker.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

DTOM, Did you see the presentations by McCain and Obama at the Al Smith fund raiser yesterday? McCain looked like the "old" McCain that I would have voted for. A shame he became such a hateful, old, man.

that's what i thought too, ci. he was pretty funny.

it's too bad that he's allowed himself to be manipulated by the rove slime machine. i fear that if and when he loses the prezzy sweepstakes, and returns to the senate, his current term will be his last.

and that's a shame too. for all of his election spawned bullshit, i think he's done some good along the way in congress.

looks like the gop put him in one of the red shirts. trekkies will know what that means. Sad
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:48 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Now the mouth-breathers are attacking ACORN offices and giving death threats to those who work there:

Quote:
Death threat, vandalism hit ACORN after McCain
By Greg Gordon | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON " An ACORN community organizer received a death threat and the liberal activist group's Boston and Seattle offices were vandalized Thursday, reflecting mounting tensions over its role in registering 1.3 million mostly poor and minority Americans to vote next month.

Attorneys for the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now were notifying the FBI and the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division of the incidents, said Brian Kettenring, a Florida-based spokesman for the group.

Republicans, including presidential candidate John McCain, have verbally attacked the group repeatedly in recent days, alleging a widespread vote-fraud scheme, although they've provided little proof. It was disclosed Thursday that the FBI is examining whether thousands of fraudulent voter-registration applications submitted by some ACORN workers were part of a systematic effort or isolated incidents.

Kettenring said that a senior ACORN staffer in Cleveland, after appearing on television this week, got an e-mail that said she "is going to have her life ended."

A female staffer in Providence, R.I., got a threatening call from someone who said words to the effect of "We know you get off work at 9," then uttered racial epithets, he said.

McClatchy is withholding the women's names because of the threats.

Separately, vandals broke into the group's Boston and Seattle offices and stole computers, Kettenring said.

Any of you Republican morons want to keep claiming that McCain and Palin aren't inciting hate and violence through their words? You guys think it's just a coincidence that people go after those who Palin and McCain speak about?

Jeez

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/54360.html

Cycloptichorn
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I never claimed that McCain endorsed this woman's actions; I claimed that his speech encouraged this and other words of intolerance and xenophobia amongst his supporters. There's a clear difference.

that is what i was trying to get across to slshck7, cyclo. maybe i wasn't clear.

her "idea" didn't just come out of thin air and wind up on a party related letter. if nothing else, she must have had some inkling that it would go over with her crowd.

to some extent, i know where of i speak on republican propaganda. when i was back cleaning out my parent's house, i came across folder after folder of stuff from groups like "The Pachyderm Club" and the tennessee gop.

----

and to slshock7;

slkshock7 wrote:

Look at Biden...he's said "“In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

In my opinion, that is certainly no less racist than what this woman has said and this is one of the guys on the Dem ticket, not some peon buried deep in the Repub grass roots. Yet you and the Dems are willing to overlook Biden's "little racism".

biden can be pretty gaffish (so tired of that word..).

dunno, maybe it is just a rationalization; but biden's actions and record are pretty indicative that he's anything but a racist.

let me also offer you this. the area i live in has a big armenian population. in fact it has the largest armenian population outside of the nation of armenia.

so, if i say that "you cannot go into a market or a store without hearing arrmenian, or an armenian accent", is that racist or a statement of fact?

see the difference? one is a statement of fact; and the other is a supposition that an obama administration will preside over a veritable orgy of food stamp waving black folks clamoring for fried chicken and watermelon.

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Now the mouth-breathers are attacking ACORN offices and giving death threats to those who work there:
Any of you Republican morons want to keep claiming that McCain and Palin aren't inciting hate and violence through their words? You guys think it's just a coincidence that people go after those who Palin and McCain speak about?

sounds like domestic terrorism to me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 03:21 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Just another thought; the conservatives are not afraid to have Palin in the white house, because they can control her 100% of the time over any other. Cheney may have controlled Bush like a biological puppet, but the "party" will control Palin like a wooden puppet. Will it be Ms or Mrs President?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:42 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You dumbfuck that guy is reporting for Al Jezeera.....

Jusus H. Christ cyclops..... can you and Obama not separate yourself from Islamofascists!

LOFL your thread is TOAST.

Go play hacky sack with your stoned enemy combatant Berzerkeley buddies.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:07 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

You dumbfuck that guy is reporting for Al Jezeera.....

Jusus H. Christ cyclops..... can you and Obama not separate yourself from Islamofascists!

LOFL your thread is TOAST.

Go play hacky sack with your stoned enemy combatant Berzerkeley buddies.

are you saying that al-jaz genetically altered a whole passal of a-rabs to look like corn fed white folks and told them to talk like dumbass super-christies?

get a grip, cj.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:22 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DTOM,
You are rationalizing...and not giving McCain and Palin (or this woman) the same benefit of the doubt as you are giving Biden.

My point is you are arguing that this women is stereotyping blacks as "clamoring for fried chicken and watermelon". Biden was stereotyping Indians as the primary proprietors and/or customers of Dunkin' Donuts and 7-11s. Sorry I don't see the difference...unless you view stereotyping against Indian Americans as less offensive than stereotyping African Americans.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:29 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

DTOM,
You are rationalizing...and not giving McCain and Palin (or this woman) the same benefit of the doubt as you are giving Biden.

My point is you are arguing that this women is stereotyping blacks as "clamoring for fried chicken and watermelon". Biden was stereotyping Indians as the primary proprietors and/or customers of Dunkin' Donuts and 7-11s. Sorry I don't see the difference...unless you view stereotyping against Indian Americans as less offensive than stereotyping African Americans.

can you provide me with a similar letter from biden?

i've given mccain a ton of benefit of the doubt. i thought i'd made that clear.

initially, i gave palin a bit too. but she has lived up to my worst suspicions. she's just doing the rove thing. making something out of nothing time and again.

in any case, i gave you a personal example. it looks the same to me as the biden comment. a statement of fact.

i'm just curious here, where is it in the u.s. that you live?
slkshock7

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 09:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
cyclo wrote:

<<<snip>>>>.

No not a coincidence but also not an example of inciting hate and violence. What you have here is your usual fringe elements stupidly spouting off their frustrations. It's been all the rage for the past 8 years for the left to talk about violence against Bush, Cheney, Rove and other high-profile Republicans. If you argue that this right-wing fringe element is being incited by McCain/Palin would you also agree that the death threats against the Bush administration has been orchestrated by Kerry, Pelosi and Reid and their continual cries of "liar", "war criminal", "worst president in history", etc.?
0 Replies