dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:53 am
@maporsche,
mine does not change 1 cent for either candidate
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:56 am
@Woiyo9,
I didn't realize the the US tax code was devoid of facts when it comes to taxation.

You have not disputed any of the numbers I posted. Your only response has been to call me names.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:02 pm
@parados,
"If you want to argue you are rich and stupid, go ahead. Personally I think the only question we need answered is if you are rich"

parados

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:28 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
My income is between 65-75k, filing single, and deducting mortgage interest, no children.

I put in those figures and paid less under Obama compared to McCain. The tax goes up for both plans because an increase in income is assumed.
parados

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:32 pm
@Woiyo9,
You are pulling one sentence out of the 3 posts where I presented facts and figures. You have presented nothing but your unsupported allegation that I disputed with real numbers and real tax tables.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 01:14 pm
@parados,
Is there a % increase?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 01:35 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I know I'm coming to this late, but it just seems wrong to give people money back on their tax returns if they never paid income tax to begin with.

Hi Maporsche, but then that's not quite what happens. Parados explained this one on page 1.
maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 03:45 pm
@nimh,
No, that doesn't explain it. FICA taxes are used to fund this person SS account, there should be no refunding of that money unless this person chooses to no longer be covered by SS.
maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 03:56 pm
@maporsche,
Also, check out this website
http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/tax_calculators/index.html

Plug in a 10,000 income, 4 children, 0 paid income taxes, and see what you come up with. The figure I got was ZERO paid income taxes, and a $4010 income tax return.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:01 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Also, check out this website
http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/tax_calculators/index.html

Plug in a 10,000 income, 4 children, 0 paid income taxes, and see what you come up with. The figure I got was ZERO paid income taxes, and a $4010 income tax return.

That sounds about right, doesn't it?

I mean, think about what you are saying for a minute: 10k income, 4 kids. Those people are fucked. The extra 4k they get back on the taxes is a drop in the bucket, yet probably keeps them off of the street.

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
No, it doesn't sound about right. I agree that they are fucked, but they are getting in income tax return....yet have not paid a dime in income taxes. And what Obama is apparently proposing will increase the amount they receive.

...which brings us to the point of this thread, what you're talking about now is WELFARE...which I am in support of (especially with the rules that Clinton helped to put into place in the 90's), but it shouldn't be managed through our income taxes. We have a whole office dedicated to this.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:10 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

No, it doesn't sound about right. I agree that they are fucked, but they are getting in income tax return....yet have not paid a dime in income taxes. And what Obama is apparently proposing will increase the amount they receive.

...which brings us to the point of this thread, what you're talking about now is WELFARE...which I am in support of (especially with the rules that Clinton helped to put into place in the 90's), but it shouldn't be managed through our income taxes. We have a whole office dedicated to this.

Hey, both parties are responsible for this. The Republicans are the ones who pushed the Family tax credit back in the mid-nineties. That accounts for at least half of the 'return' that you see there.

Cycloptichorn
rabel22

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Your wasting your time. He dosent care that 2 adults and four kids have to live on 14,000 dollars if its going to cost him a dime.
maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:12 pm
@rabel22,
Screw you....I do care...but it should be managed with the same rules and regulations that we have in place via the WELFARE office.

Welfare has certain conditions that people have to follow to better their lives and make sure they are taking care of their children. This Income tax welfare doesn't have those same rules.

Take the money we're giving away without preconditions via the Income tax welfare and redistribute it to the welfare program....just put it where it belongs and stop pretending its something it's not.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:13 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm not blaming anyone for where we ARE....but Obama is proposing to increase that number is he not?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:14 pm
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

Your wasting your time. He dosent care that 2 adults and four kids have to live on 14,000 dollars if its going to cost him a dime.

I do sort of agree with what you write here.

I understand, Maporsche, that you would rather that welfare took care of every case; but, that's not how it works in our modern society. But you won't see me complaining about those kids getting an extra 350 dollars a month to cut between them...

I, myself, could not live off of 1100 a month. No way. I have no idea how someone could raise 4 kids on that amount. I have no problem whatsoever with these people getting some money from the government.

Cycloptichorn

on edit:

Quote:
I'm not blaming anyone for where we ARE....but Obama is proposing to increase that number is he not?

So what?

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So......shouldn't he put this money where it belongs.....in the welfare program?

Regardless....should everyone here arguing that this isn't welfare, shouldn't they retract their statements....because it is welfare?
maporsche

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

rabel22 wrote:

I do sort of agree with what you write here.

How can you agree (even sort of) with this unfounded attack against me?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:24 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

No, that doesn't explain it. FICA taxes are used to fund this person SS account, there should be no refunding of that money unless this person chooses to no longer be covered by SS.

That might be true if we truly had individual accounts. But we don't. Those FICA taxes are used to fund the general fund and pay for the income tax cuts.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 04:56 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

So......shouldn't he put this money where it belongs.....in the welfare program?

Regardless....should everyone here arguing that this isn't welfare, shouldn't they retract their statements....because it is welfare?

I don't think it's welfare. It's a refundable tax credit. Both parties have supported it for a long time.

You are using extreme cases to try and disprove the wisdom of these tax credits, but it's not really an effective argument - just look in this thread. Nobody finds it convincing.

Quote:

How can you agree (even sort of) with this unfounded attack against me?

Because that's how you are coming off.

Cycloptichorn