Houston - November 1st.

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 06:43 pm
My car noise is making me say no to coming this week.

Sorry guys.

Right now my car is drivable , and since the damage is not HUGE.. i can break down the work into steps. Im scared to death to push it though..especially in the city that claimed my tire. Houston has it out for me! I sware!
mac11

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 01:15 am
@shewolfnm,
Houston may have it out for you, but this Houstonian is sorry you can't make it!

What's the story on your car? Never mind, I'm sure you've posted it around here somewhere so I'll track it down.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 06:57 am
@shewolfnm,
sobs!

Sorry you can't make it, shew. Sorry too 'bout the car fits but I understand not wanting to be halfway between everywhere with Bean and having car worries.

We'll figure it out someday -- promise!

Waves to mac -- see you tonight!!!

Edgar, best wishes to Mrs Edgar and her surgery tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be in good caring hands today and in the days ahead.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 06:59 pm
That was a positively delightful evening with the J and the M last night. We shared three large plates of nigiri and sashimi selections with miso soup and ginger salad, then lots of wine at the charity event, and finally a nightcap at the gin mill next to the sushi bar.

Mrs. Diddie was hung way over this morning. Good thing she doesn't have a job right now, I suppose.
mac11

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 11:49 pm
@PDiddie,
I agree! Positively delightful. J and the Diddies and I talked and talked and talked. I think we could have gone on for hours (days?) more. I'm especially glad that JPB experienced the Houston version of December weather. (We had those nightcaps out on the patio.)

And I'm glad I didn't drink much. Sleep deprivation makes the day hard enough. A hangover would have made it impossible.
Izzie

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 04:12 pm
@mac11,
I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful nite...... I can imagine the laughter from JPB - I don't know where she gets her energy from. SO glad you got together for a wee while. FAB. xxxx
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 07:34 am
Short notice..

But Ian will be attending a small convention on the 5th of Feb, next weekend I believe?
Little Bean and I may join him if I can get the tax return in time to finish my car repairs. ..
Or rent one.. that is always a possibility too.
JPB

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 01:22 pm
@PDiddie,
PDiddie wrote:

That was a positively delightful evening with the J and the M last night. We shared three large plates of nigiri and sashimi selections with miso soup and ginger salad, then lots of wine at the charity event, and finally a nightcap at the gin mill next to the sushi bar.

Mrs. Diddie was hung way over this morning. Good thing she doesn't have a job right now, I suppose.

mac11 wrote:

I agree! Positively delightful. J and the Diddies and I talked and talked and talked. I think we could have gone on for hours (days?) more. I'm especially glad that JPB experienced the Houston version of December weather. (We had those nightcaps out on the patio.)

And I'm glad I didn't drink much. Sleep deprivation makes the day hard enough. A hangover would have made it impossible.

Fond memories, indeed!

I hope it works out for you, shew.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 03:18 pm
@shewolfnm,
Shewolfie, short notice is not a problem (ever). But I may be going to visit my mom next weekend. She is having out-patient surgery Wednesday, and I may go, depending on how she is doing afterwards.

So keep me posted, and I'll do the same.
0 Replies