Chuck Norris, no way man, yes way man

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 01:29 pm
Chuck spends lots of time around Houston. He made a number of local TV commercials. Today, he is across the street from my neighborhood, signing autographs. I don't even know whose grand opening it is. A few years back, I took a semi interest in his films. Not bad for grade B work. As many years back, he voiced interest in being the President of Texas, after the secession. I expect he and I would not see eye to eye on much. Then again, I don't know that much about him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,432 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 01:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Chuck is a long time supporter of something, although it's not clear what. He backed both of the recent Georges for President as well as habeas corpus (or maybe it was the rights of Corpus Christi). He's had ties with the aborted Mike Huckabee for President race and the Guiliani exploratory committee. Not all his doings are political, he's also been involved with the Make A Wish Foundation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 02:11 pm
CNN) " Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House.

Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote. “Let there be no doubt about that.”

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 03:43 pm
I met the man about a year ago at a fundraiser (charitable not political).

I didn't talk to him for more than 7 minutes or so, but he seemed like a very nice man, bright and articulate.

We didn't speak of politics, although it would have been interesting to do so.

He's got personal charisma and smiles easily.

A Rick Perry Facts site has come to be, but this one was the original

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 03:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Some good lines in there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 10:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
The only one scarier than Chuck is Mame.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 10:36 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

The only one scarier than Chuck is Mame.

Chuck Norris once met Mame. He was the one who put the Dixie back in Dixie, but he did put Mame back where she came from.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 05:38 pm
Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat Chuck's norris.
0 Replies