Who won the debate? Obama or McCain?

okie

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The real question should be, "where's the old McCain?" With all his recent flip-flops, I haven't heard one conservative tell us where he stands on the major issues of our day.

Ha, ci, McCain is the same old McCain, he has not changed one iota. Your vision and hearing may have changed.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:09 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

The real question should be, "where's the old McCain?" With all his recent flip-flops, I haven't heard one conservative tell us where he stands on the major issues of our day.

Ha, ci, McCain is the same old McCain, he has not changed one iota. Your vision and hearing may have changed.

Yeah CI, a whole bunch of us have had our vision and hearing suddenly change lately, apparently. Funny how that works.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:32 pm
Anybody remember the "bracelet" discussion? Apparently, the parents of the soldier whose bracelet Obama claims to wear has asked Obama to quit talking about it, apparently to no avail. If true, Obama really is a sleeze, worse than I thought. He uses the bracelet speech when its all contrary to what the family desires.

MRC's Bozell Analyzes the Debate Coverage on Fox News Channel
By NB Staff (Bio | Archive)
September 29, 2008 - 12:19 ET

Media Research Center President and NewsBusters Publisher L. Brent Bozell, III appeared this morning on the Fox News Channel's Fox & Friends to discuss the media's nearly unanimous acclamation of Illinois Senator Barack Obama as the winner of last Friday's Presidential debate.

Mr. Bozell noted one of the few press exceptions, Newsweek, who gave the nod to Arizona Senator John McCain, but pointed out that they then said of the win, "Who cares?"

Mr. Bozell also discussed Sen. Obama's continuing to wear and discuss the bracelet of fallen soldier Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, and how his family has been asking since at least March that he stop doing so. Mr. Bozell pointed out that if the tables were turned, and it was Sen. McCain refusing the repeated requests of the family of KIA Cpl. Matthew Stanley, whose bracelet he wears with their continued blessing, the media would be apoplectic.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-staff/2008/09/29/mrcs-bozell-analyzes-debate-coverage-fox-news-channel
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:34 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Soldier's mother 'ecstatic' about Obama's bracelet

By DINESH RAMDE " 1 day ago

MILWAUKEE (AP) " The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that Obama remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

Jopek criticized Internet reports suggesting Obama, D-Ill., exploited her son for political purposes.

"I don't understand how people can take that and turn it into some garbage on the Internet," she said.

Jopek acknowledged e-mailing the Obama campaign in February asking that the presidential candidate not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she said Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Sen. John McCain, the Republican nominee, said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

"I've got a bracelet, too, from Sergeant " from the mother of Sergeant Ryan David Jopek, given to me in Green Bay," Obama said during the debate. "She asked me, 'Can you please make sure another mother is not going through what I'm going through?' No U.S. soldier ever dies in vain because they're carrying out the missions of their commander in chief. And we honor all the service that they've provided."

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war.

She wouldn't directly say whether she wanted Obama to refrain from mentioning the bracelet again, but said she hopes the issue will just go away.

"I think these bracelets should be looked upon as an honor that both candidates wear them to respect the troops," Jopek said. "My request to both of them is that they honor the troops by lifting the conversation to the issues, and that they continue to live up to the standards our military deserves."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hdsm_ntfH32sDoi1u_H9HYCDeaHAD93G1RBG0

Damn my lying eyes! Always messing up on me these days.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Read your own post, cyclops:

'Jopek acknowledged e-mailing the Obama campaign in February asking that the presidential candidate not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she said Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Sen. John McCain, the Republican nominee, said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet."

She had requested he quit it, cyclops, how was Obama to know he would luck out and she would flip flop and say it was okay? Unless she notified him of her change of heart since the email, I stick to what I said about it. It is sleezy, cyclops.
0 Replies

barackman28

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:45 pm
@okie,
Okie- I think you are mistaken. Cyclopitchorn is from Berkeley. I think it would be safe to say that those academics are among the most brilliant people in the USA. I think your partisanship is making it impossible for you to listen to his logical arguments. Please do not take offense but Cyclopitchorn is speaking as a representative of the true intelligentsia of this nation. Check it out, Okie!
okie

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:04 pm
@barackman28,
Yes, I keep forgetting that cyclops represents a cross section of normal hard working Americans. I should have known that Berkeley residents are typical of America! LOL. After all, he seems to think so, and cyclops is never wrong, is he? I've never heard him say he was, so he must not have been.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 07:27 am
@okie,
so okie, you ever been wrong?
okie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:22 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Lots of times, dys.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:30 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Yes, I keep forgetting that cyclops represents a cross section of normal hard working Americans. I should have known that Berkeley residents are typical of America! LOL. After all, he seems to think so, and cyclops is never wrong, is he? I've never heard him say he was, so he must not have been.

Laughing

Frantic spinning after being caught out on a BS article is unbecoming of you, Okie.

You don't know the first thing about Berkeley, or what it's like; so why do you presume to judge?

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:34 am
@okie,
But you never seem to "learn."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:07 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

Lots of times, dys.
Odd that Idon't remember seeing you post here re being wrong EVER.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:11 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

okie wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

Lots of times, dys.

To be fair, Okie has posted in the past that he's been wrong on some issues.

As have I, Okie, so let's stop with the silly accusations.

Cycloptichorn
dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:13 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

okie wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

Lots of times, dys.

To be fair, Okie has posted in the past that he's been wrong on some issues.

As have I, Okie, so let's stop with the silly accusations.

Cycloptichorn
could be cyclo but as foxyre says "if I didn't see it, it didn't happen."
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:18 am
@dyslexia,
Lol, fair enough

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

Laughing

Frantic spinning after being caught out on a BS article is unbecoming of you, Okie.

You don't know the first thing about Berkeley, or what it's like; so why do you presume to judge?

Cycloptichorn

What BS article? First of all, when I posted it, I included "if true" into my sentence. Turns out it was true, but the mother changed her mind after Obama did not regard her request. Now, if you have evidence that Obama knew she had changed her mind before the debate, fine, but the intent of Obama doesn't change by virtue of the fact that the mother apparently flip flopped for that particular debate only, after the fact. So far, we have no evidence that she told Obama of her approval before the debate. And apparently she would not commit to whether she approved of his mentioning the bracelet in the future. Your own article says all of this, cyclops, read it instead of just posting it.
parados

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:21 am
@okie,
Quote:
Mr. Bozell also discussed Sen. Obama's continuing to wear and discuss the bracelet of fallen soldier Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, and how his family has been asking since at least March that he stop doing so.
Except as written the sentence above is NOT true. The family has never asked Obama to stop wearing the bracelet. Nor is there any evidence that they asked him to stop discussing the bracelet.

They only asked him to stop mentioning her son in speeches and debates. Mr Bozell's statement is very misleading in that the family never said anything about wanting Obama to stop bringing up the bracelet or wearing it. You can argue they are the same but they aren't really and Bozell's statement is misleading.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 11:31 am
@parados,
What is more important is that the Jopeks' didn't complain about Obama's mention of the bracelet; they in fact did the opposite saying they appreciated his mention of the bracelet.
okie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:31 pm
@parados,
Bozell didn't have it 100% right, apparently, but neither did Obama or cyclops.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
After the fact, ci, but whatever, ci, have it your way. You can't ever be wrong,