Virginity auctions

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:27 am
@Robert Gentel,
that is nonsense on the face of it. First off women can do kegels and can have an operation to tighten the vagina, any woman of any age can be tight. Secondly, if the man has a preference for tight there is always anal. Because the desire for a tight hole can easily be met by having sex with a non virgin, this can not be the explanation for the appeal of virgins.

"deflowering" has nothing to do with the quality of the ****, it is all about being first. It is an ego trip and a power trip.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 03:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
that is nonsense on the face of it. First off women can do kegels and can have an operation to tighten the vagina, any woman of any age can be tight.

It's nonsense for reasons other than what you are using (I made clear that it's largely based on misconception), but that doesn't change that it's nonsense that most men and women subscribe to.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 04:34 pm
@Robert Gentel,
considering that the vast majority remain willfully ignorant of the connection between sex and power games it stands to reason that all sorts of rationalizations will be dreamed up for why men want virgins. I am not interested in the made up stories used to justify actions, I am interested in the real motivation for actions. Your rationalization is a real stretch though, because in most cases doing a virgin is a pain in the ass, what with all of the naivete , pain, blood and what not. In some cultures young girls virginity is taken as a rite of passage, she is deflowered as a service to the rest of the men so that they don't need to deal with all of the drama. The western position that virginity is something of value is not universally shared. By the same token those cultures where virginity is taken as a routine act by a nominated man must have a different take on power games with-in sexuality than we do also. The test is whether virginity is valued, if it is then taking virginity (and the gift of a virgin) must be wrapped up in power games.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 05:44 pm
@dlowan,
Dlowan, I give you ten bucks if you manage to ask a question in this thread that 1) ebrown_p shows evidence of reading and understanding, that 2) he answers, and that 3) does not cause him to judge you and deride you as a Puritan. It's not quite what you would have gotten in a virginity auction, but it's still serious money.
ebrown p

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 05:50 pm
@Thomas,
LOL
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:09 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas I went back and re-read Dlowan's posts again. I see a few serious questions she asked me. I will restate them without the prejudicial language she used.

1) How prevalent are men who would value virginity in their partners? What is your evidence? (I answered these together).

The answer is that it is quite prevalent. The evidence I provided was the fact it permeates our culture-- from the Bible to popular movies, to Seinfield.

2) Why do men fantasize about virginity?

The answer is "Who the heck cares?" Perhaps it is the evolutionary need for exclusivity... perhaps Erickson explains it well with his observation of biological differences between genders. Perhaps it is a cultural thing.

Judging sexual preferences is not acceptable.

--------

If there are any more questions... I will gladly answer them. I would appreciate if prejudicial terms like "fetish" or "debase" are left out of the discussion.

Perhaps someone would answer the questions I raised...

1) Why is valuing virginity any worse than any other part of sexuality-- take monogamy for example?

2) Why do traditionally male sexual traits get treated with disdain, where traditionally female traits are considered "healthy" and normal?

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:52 pm
To the best of my knowledge, I have never had sex with a virgin. The thought vaguely scares me. Too much of a responsibility, for one thing. How do you explain afterwards that you have no intention whatever of marrying the poor gal? More importantly, I'd much rather spend some time in the sack with someone experienced who knows what she's doing and understands how to please a man. Pay a million bucks to deflower a virgin? She'd have to pay me to do her that favor.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 07:03 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
1) Why is valuing virginity any worse than any other part of sexuality-- take monogamy for example?

2) Why do traditionally male sexual traits get treated with disdain, where traditionally female traits are considered "healthy" and normal?

1)it is not

2) because men have been bamboozled into believing that traditional masculinity does not deserve a defense. Since no one will defend it the feminine is free to attack it with impunity.
0 Replies