Virginity auctions

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 03:57 pm
@boomerang,
of course it is...debasement is an ego concept. We are talking about forcing our sexuality into our ego driven demands of what sex must be. Dlowan has a problem with the feminine urge to be conquered by the masculine. She needs to deny that it exists, and that women get value in the exchange, so she labels the exchange "debasement" and moves on. Fine for her if she can convince herself and thus not deal with reality, bt she is wrong.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk, I think what she means, is please don't carry that smelly **** in here, go start your own thread if that is where you wanna take it.

(sorry to have to draw maps...)

Embarrassed

You pick a fight with the bunny at your own peril, Einstein Shocked
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:02 pm
@Rockhead,
the test is relevancy and truth...not what you like
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
and what is it I like?

I'd really like to see your opinion on this one, junior...
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:10 pm
@Rockhead,
You said that you would like not to hear what I have to say on this subject in this thread....but what you want is besides the point. We are looking at what is going on when a woman sells her virginity, that is the subject. This has power game elements that must be considered, and sex is very often about power. I have no intention of stay quiet because you and others wish to remain ignorant.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
yep, that's my biggest wish, amateur psychologist with rape fantasies...

You are OK till you jump off the deep end, ya know?

(again, maybe a better place to do this?)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:50 pm
@ebrown p,
It might help if you tried reading.

Try reading my post again.

You may possibly come up with something resembling what I said.

Re debasement of women's sexuality:

Try millenia of seeing women, in, oh just for instance, Islam and Christianity, as "weaker vessels", causes of evil and temptation.

Re this virginity crap....try women STILL being murdered in Islamic countries for not being virgins, for being raped; in Christian tradition being regarded as "fallen", ruined, no longer marketable goods.....of marriage sheets being shown to the assembled populace to prove the noble bride was a virgin, and woe betide the woman who didn't bleed.

Of millenia of women being subject to men because their carnality made them incapable of rational thought.

That's just a part of it.

Stick your attitude up your bum and read instead of having tantrums for crap you project.

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 06:55 pm
@dlowan,
By the way, ebrown...since one of the questions I was asking is what the virgin thing is about (I gave an evolutionary perspective as a possibility) and to what extent it is a current fetish in western society (you clearly say it is)...perhaps you can give your views on WHY it is such a big thing to what you appear to be saying is a large number of men.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 07:08 pm
Apparently, a bit of intact skin is a source of pride for some young females in some countries. So much so, in fact, that they gladly and voluntarily submit themselves to public virginity tests to prove it, well meaning, but patronizing Western societal laws be damned.

Zulus Eagerly Defy Ban on Virginity Test

NONGOMA, South Africa -- One week before, Nonhlanhla Mhkize had risen early, walked to her tribal chief's home, climbed a desolate hill and lain on a blanket for what leaders of her Zulu culture call an "inspection" of her genitals. Now the teenager glowed as she held up a document she had earned for the fourth year. It declared her a virgin.

"Here is my certificate!" Mhkize, an 18-year-old with magenta-streaked hair, said giddily.

Surrounding her were thousands of girls -- some barely school-age, most adolescents -- who had traveled to this windswept valley for an annual dance in honor of the Zulu king. Like Mhkize, all were bare-breasted and wearing traditional beaded skirts and necklaces. All were certified virgins, a requirement for participation.

. . .

. . . the virginity testing ban is also an example of the limited power of law over culture. A spokesman for South Africa's social development department said that the ban's regulations were still being worked out but that violators could be subject to criminal charges.

. . .

On this blindingly sunny September day in Nongoma, thousands of girls strode toward the royal palace through parched hills dotted with thatched-roof huts. Each girl carried a reed as tall as a house as an offering to the king, who revived the annual reed dance -- an ancient Zulu celebration at which the king traditionally chose a bride from among the maidens -- in 1984. Custom held that if the reed broke, the girl was not a virgin.
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 07:12 pm
@dlowan,
Though I can't state how widespread it is my guess is that for a man to bid 1 mil, I'd guess that's still "and counting", there must be some sort of fetish for "collecting" virgins.

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 07:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I think the psychology is much uglier than that, but, I am a cynic and then some...

Yeah, same here...

I think part of it is probably just the kick of total power. I mean, the illusion of it.

As in: taking someone's virginity is still seen as something in the realm of the taboo - not losing your virginity per se, but all the stuff about how it needs to be special, waiting for the right guy, it being meaningful to give your virginity to someone, etc. For better or worse, there's still some meaning or specialness attached to "giving" your virginity. OK, that being the case, there's this guy -- and he can just come in and take it, without there being any love or even attachment involved, without ever even making an effort or courting the girl - and you know why? Because he's got the money. He's got the money, and that affords him the chance to just take whatever the F he wants, to hell with conventions or how you're supposed to at least court someone for it or whatever. It's like the ultimate power trip. Like, he can do any outrageous thing because he's got the money - and to get his kicks, he will do exactly that - just to show that he can.

Something like that. A lot less to do with evolutionary interest in spreading genes than with demonstrating that ****, you're so rich you can do whatever the F you want, no matter what people will say or think about it, and get away with it. Anyone who has a problem with that, can just suck your D. I'm guessing thats more the mentality behind it. And if it is, that first experience of intercourse is probably not going to be very enjoyable for that girl, financial reward aside. But then, that'd the tradeoff. Million bucks is a lotta money.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 07:35 pm
@nimh,
Give that man a Silver Dollar...

(an old one with some real silver in it, please)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 08:02 pm
@nimh,
That's an interesting take.......and I see it...but it still doesn't answer why the hell a bit of skin has such a mythic status...I still think there's an evolutionary thing, girded up with the utterances of gods and all.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 08:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
Oh hell yeah.....I'm not denying women get caught up in this stuff.

I mean, if your only avenue for a life is marriage, and you're a piece of crap on a dunghill in that market if you're not a virgin (or able to pass as one) of course virginity becomes a matter of not only pride, but of possibility for decent survival.

Or, of course, if you're befuddled by one of the virgin enforcing religions.

I guess AIDS may be raising the stakes for virginity in Africa, especially, too?

Heh!! Will we therefore have men wearing chastity belts on their willies so they are marriageable in the midst of the HIV epidemic?

Well, now, I doubt it.

Male virginity doesn't seem to be a fetish, does it?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 11:02 pm
"To boldly go where no man has gone before." My penis is supreme. Yep. An evolutionary thing.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 12:54 am
I think there's a lot of overthinking the virgin allure going on. When I hear guys talk about it they are always doing so primarily in the context of "vaginal tightness" and the notion that virgins will have a tighter vagina. I'm sure there are psychological components to it for some, but I bet it's mechanical 80% of the time (even if it's based on a great deal of misconception). As such, it's merely a genitalia preference and not very different than penis preferences that some women may have.

Stewie from Family Guy: "So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?"

An overwhelming majority of men and women are under the impression that sexual intercourse causes "vaginal looseness" and that the less sex a woman has had the tighter it will be. That's the basic root cause of the virgin fantasy most of the time, not the Freudian nonsense.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 02:15 am
@dlowan,
The view you've presented is a rather narrowly stark one of the rationale behind female pride in virginity.

Quote:
Male virginity doesn't seem to be a fetish, does it?

In males, there just isn't that membrane to break or stretch to serve as a trophy of sorts.
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 02:32 am
@boomerang,
At least she is getting something for her effort. Most just simply loose it without compensation of any kind. That would be my opinion of course.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 05:17 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
By the way, ebrown...since one of the questions I was asking is what the virgin thing is about (I gave an evolutionary perspective as a possibility) and to what extent it is a current fetish in western society (you clearly say it is)...perhaps you can give your views on WHY it is such a big thing to what you appear to be saying is a large number of men.

Fetish? Harrumph.

I don't accept society (or you) defining for me what is "normal" acceptable sexuality and what is "abnormal". This is Puritanism... pure and simple. You are casting judgment on the sexuality of others.

Why is it that traditionally male forms of sexuality are considered abnormal, where traditionally female sexuality is acceptable.

There are several theories here about why virgins are considered desirable. But the point is... it doesn't matter.

Sex is very much about fantasy. Many men find this arousing, so deal with it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 08:54 am
It's much cheaper to rent it used.
0 Replies