Presidential Debate! Tonight!

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 03:24 pm
If any of yall happen to be on A2K tonight while listening/watching the debate, please feel free to post your comments here. Partisanship is expected. Brevity is requested.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 30 • Views: 13,366 • Replies: 225

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 03:28 pm
Gee, I wonder if he'll mention that he's a POW and a war hero and that qualifies him, among other things, for the presidency and to be Eddie Van Halen's replacement as lead guitarist.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 03:29 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
McCain was a POW?
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 03:34 pm
@realjohnboy,
I have a dream. my dream is democracy.
a debate should take place with all the aspirants of the post( irrespective of their unpopularity)
kickycan

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:09 pm
Can't wait.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:10 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Do you think I can still get a flight from Boston?
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:11 pm
@ebrown p,
Sorry i had aired my DREAMS
nothing else.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:14 pm
I am expecting style over substance. These guys are good at not actually answering questions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
You really think that?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:02 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Gee, I wonder if he'll mention that he's a POW and a war hero and that qualifies him, among other things, for the presidency and to be Eddie Van Halen's replacement as lead guitarist.

hahahahahahah!!! macker's hair style is closer to what 'ol diamond dave is spottin' these days..
 http://www.van-halen.com/endoftour/tour22.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20080926/capt.cps.nsc04.260908110259.photo00.photo.default-512x341.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=_djSXNkIyEQCT2QY3DP66Q--

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:09 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Somehow I think a 22-year military career that included 5-1/2 years as a POW trumps being a community organizer, something that the media chooses not to scrutinize too closely and which Obama himself now distances himself from as being important. Don't you think? But if that is a no no, I wonder if Obama pointing out (again) that he has a funny name and doesn't look like all those other presidents on dollar bills is okay?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:15 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yes, the POW gave away military secrets while the community organizer contributed to helping many of those Americans that really needs help with shelter, food, medical care, and child support.

Being a POW is so much more in contributing to Americans and America that the comparison begins to become more clear as McCain repeats his imprisonment for five years.

Just how many POWs have we had in all the wars? How many community organizers were of such little value to our country?

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:39 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Somehow I think a 22-year military career that included 5-1/2 years as a POW trumps being a community organizer, something that the media chooses not to scrutinize too closely and which Obama himself now distances himself from as being important. Don't you think? But if that is a no no, I wonder if Obama pointing out (again) that he has a funny name and doesn't look like all those other presidents on dollar bills is okay?

None of that trumps Obama's experience, Fox. Only in the fevered brain of right-wingers does captivity somehow equal ability to lead.

If it were as cut-and-dry as you suggest, McCain would be winning; by a lot. He is not.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:35 pm
Forgive my naivety but I don't have a TV. Will this debate be on the 3 major networks tonight? Or will it be on cable? Or...
littlek

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
Or streamlined on the puter? On the radio?
littlek

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
They are doing commentary at NPR. I think you'll also hear the debate...... maybe I'm wrong. http://www.wbur.org/default.aspx
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Forgive my naivety but I don't have a TV. Will this debate be on the 3 major networks tonight? Or will it be on cable? Or...
Everywhere.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:50 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Somehow I think a 22-year military career that included 5-1/2 years as a POW

i love ya foxy, but i have to confess that i am really fed up with being hit over the head by the gop with "he's a vet and a pow".

the gop gave up all right to use the honor the man's military service routine when they savaged john kerry in 2004.

since then, i am forced to see the claim as this; a 22 year military career that included 5 1/2 years as a pow makes mccain qualified to be a soldier and a pow. period.

there's a whole lot of guys that are combat veterans and talk about it a whole lot less. and i respect them a whole lot more for it.

and if you want to talk about community organizers? it was pointed out to me the other night that the founding fathers were... community organizers.

the gop? started by community organizers.

religions? started by community organizers.

i respect your commitment to your beliefs and to the republican/ conservative agenda, but don't expect me to just swallow it all and ignore what i've seen going on around me for the last 52 years.

i'm not blind.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:58 pm
Cool. Thanks to yall for joining in. This should be interesting.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:58 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Or streamlined on the puter? On the radio?
CNN is streaming it live. Slow-loading, but it looks pretty good once it gets rolling. Click http://www.cnn.com/live/
Then click on the debate window... and wait.
0 Replies