Presidential Debate! Tonight!

barackman28

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:10 pm
@dyslexia,
Why did you misquote me? I did not write anything about "strange drugs" yet you include the strange drugs in the quote bos.

If you need to, you can find Sally Quinn's statement on MSNBC regarding the fact that 90% of American women who were told that Down's syndrome terminated their pregnancies.

If you can't find the quote, Dyslexic,let me know, and I'll look for it for you.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:18 pm
@dyslexia,
Yea, why can't Barackman just take normal drugs like you do?
0 Replies

SYNRON

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was a POW. How dare you joke about something like that. Those gooks tortured John McCain mercilessly. He was there for his country. Where did you fight during the VietNam war? In Canada?
i8urm0m

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:59 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
i love ya foxy, but i have to confess that i am really fed up with being hit over the head by the gop with "he's a vet and a pow".

the gop gave up all right to use the honor the man's military service routine when they savaged john kerry in 2004.

since then, i am forced to see the claim as this; a 22 year military career that included 5 1/2 years as a pow makes mccain qualified to be a soldier and a pow. period.

there's a whole lot of guys that are combat veterans and talk about it a whole lot less. and i respect them a whole lot more for it.

and if you want to talk about community organizers? it was pointed out to me the other night that the founding fathers were... community organizers.

the gop? started by community organizers.

religions? started by community organizers.

i respect your commitment to your beliefs and to the republican/ conservative agenda, but don't expect me to just swallow it all and ignore what i've seen going on around me for the last 52 years.

i'm not blind.

Just saying... that Obama being in the senate for just over 120 days doesnt really account to much.
SYNRON

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:13 pm
@i8urm0m,
Where did you serve? I was a POW. No one who served his country talks like you do. Did you hide out in Canada like the idiot who disrespected Senator McCain? Even the New York Times gives Senator McCain total respect for his service to our country.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:14 pm
@SYNRON,
SYNRON wrote:

Where did you serve? I was a POW. No one who served his country talks like you do. Did you hide out in Canada like the idiot who disrespected Senator McCain? Even the New York Times gives Senator McCain total respect for his service to our country.

Sorry, but I don't believe anyone on the internet is what they say they are; so when you say 'I was a POW,' it carries zero emotional or logical weight with anyone here.

Cycloptichorn
SYNRON

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
All right! I will repeat-

"No one who served his country talks like you do. Did you hide out in Canada like the idiot who disrespected Senator MCain? Even the New York Times gives Senator McCain total respect for his service to his country"

Do you, sir, respect McCain for his service? Surely, you don't think that his POW situation was fabricated.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:10 pm
@SYNRON,
SYNRON wrote:

All right! I will repeat-

"No one who served his country talks like you do. Did you hide out in Canada like the idiot who disrespected Senator MCain? Even the New York Times gives Senator McCain total respect for his service to his country"

Do you, sir, respect McCain for his service? Surely, you don't think that his POW situation was fabricated.

I think both his military service (which was remarkable only by the count of the number of planes he crashed) and his POW experience deserve respect, but have nothing to do with the qualities necessary to run this country in any way. It's like running for prez, and being a champion Badminton player. Big whoop.

Cycloptichorn
SYNRON

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You may be right, but the fact that you had to include the smarmy comment about "how many planes that he crashed" shows your bias. I am sure that you think that Obama has the qualities that are needed to run this country. You may also be right there, but you may be wrong. Wait until we see totally incompetent people like Valerie Jarrett( a stooge of the corrupt Daley administration in Chicago, Charles Rangel( as corrupt as they come-he doesn't believe in paying income tax); Elijah Cummings( undoubtedly a race card player with an IQ below 95); The ineffable Cynthia McKinney( certainly more loud mouthed and uninformed than the woman who was queen race card playing loudmouth before her--Maxine Waters.

I can wait for two years. They we will see how the 2010 midterm elections work out. The left wing thinks that everything will be fine in 2010. What they don't know is that the state of the nation, no matter how it is linked to the past, will be viewed by the voters and then Obama may find he has lost a good deal of support.

We shall see if your assessment is correct. But suppose the economy does really tank? Do you actually think that the voters in 2010 or 2012 will blame Bush? They will act as most voters always have and always will have because of their short sightedness. They will vote against the incumbent. And if the economy is really bad, how will the voters view a 10% Unemployment rate?
How will they act if schools and Universities suffer huge cutbacks because of inadequate funding? What will happen when there is more and more offshoring because the huge manufactures cannot make profits they think they deserve. I am sure you are not so uninformed that you don't know about globalization.
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 05:40 pm
@SYNRON,
If there is still economic trouble in 2010 in an Obama administration, I'm sure the republican's will pretend it began in 2008. Whether the public would buy it is anyone's guess. Your speculation is meaningless. Speculation BTW, is one of the contributors to this big mess we are in.

T
K
O
Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 05:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote: "I think both his military service (which was remarkable only by the count of the number of planes he crashed) and his POW experience deserve respect, but have nothing to do with the qualities necessary to run this country in any way. It's like running for prez, and being a champion Badminton player. Big whoop."

By comparison, however, McCain is not a "champion" badminton player. He's not even a good badminton player. He's in the BOTTOM of the rather large class of players. With respect to his practice sessions and matches, he broke his badminton racket several times before he was finally taken out of the game by the opposition.
barackman28

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 07:46 pm
@Debra Law,
Right On. McCain stinks as a Badminton player, but Senator Obama is a cool basketball player. I saw him play and he is great. He sunk basket after basket.
I know thatPresident Obama with his love of athletics and basketball, will not let us down. I am sure that when he pulls our troops out of Iraq andAfghanistan, he will make sure that the large amount of money earmarked for those lost causes is returned to the people. He will, however, retain some millions to build some good basketball courts in the inner city.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:13 pm
@SYNRON,
SYNRON wrote:

I was a POW.

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/images/opossumcontrol.jpg
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:40 pm
@joefromchicago,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
SYNRON

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 07:47 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Are you and Joe an item? I didn't know you swung that way OcomeBill!
Rockhead

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 07:48 pm
@SYNRON,
^^^^ Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ^^^^

(shhh!)
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:37 pm
@sozobe,
I'm so far undecided.
SYNRON

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 08:55 pm
@maporsche,
If I may, Maporsche-- Get or Borrow a copy of "Obamanation". by Jerome R. Corsi. It gives tons of documentation to show that Obama is a very poor choice for the Presidency. Do it and I will bet that after you read the book, you will advise family and friends that may be leaning his way NOT to vote for Obama but rather to vote for McCain.
firefly

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:00 pm
@SYNRON,
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/i/I/2/mccain-lipstick-tmdho080911.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 07:52 am
@firefly,
Right from the Karl Rove playbook.
0 Replies