The Presidential Debates!

candidone1

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:02 pm
@joefromchicago,
He he....I was going to post that.
Funny how the debate hasn't even taken place....and, for the longest time, he was going to be a no-show.

Now, he's won it.
Now that's preemption.
Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:07 pm
@rosborne979,
I think McCain was going to show up all along once Obama didn't back down. It'll be interesting to see what transpires from McCains episode at rescuing our nation.

I can see the commercials now-- McCain blasting Obama for not caring, thinking only about himself and his stardom. Palin will twist it too.

Then again, it could very well back fire. Nasty stuff.
0 Replies

barackman28

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:13 pm
@candidone1,
No. that is not pre-emption. That is stupidity. That shows you just how
programmed the McCain campaign is. Senator Obama's campaign, on the other hand, appears to be much more disciplined and even handed in its TV ads.

McCain's group has been airing smears and lies, especially in the battleground states. Go to any site in the states of Michigan, Ohio, Florida and especially
Pennsylvania. Governor Rendell has pleaded with his constiutents to ignore the lies about Senator Obama.
Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:14 pm
@Miklos7,
While you raise an interesting point about McCain being stabbed in the back in 2000-- I'm not convinced it had to have been that traumatic for him.

He's been in Washington for a long, long time. Not only that, he's gotten close to the top. He's not so naive. You don't get in aposition of influence without pulling some fast ones yourself--
Miklos7

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:41 pm
@barackman28,
barackman,

I wrote that McCain was generally a straight shooter before the 2000 presidential campaign. Today, his words and movements are directed by the usual political thug-managers for hire. You can no longer believe what he says.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:43 pm
@Cliff Hanger,
People still haven't figured out McCain when he says he'd rather help resolve this $700 billion issue than become president.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:43 pm
@Miklos7,
Hi Miklos!

I appreciate your take, as always.

Just saw this... makes sense, but I hadn't thought of it:

Rich Lowry wrote:
One side effect of McCain's debate gambit is, I'm told, that everyone at Ole Miss now hates him. It will make for a very hostile audience tonight among those students and faculty attending. He might have to apologize for creating the uncertainty or make some explanation up front, which is never ideal.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:45 pm
@sozobe,
That's okay, because that's what he's about; flip-flops, excuses, and poor justifications for his actions. More people are seeing through this charade.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:53 pm
@Cliff Hanger,
Cliff Hanger,

Apparently, the back stab from W's operatives was that traumatic. Like you, I found this hard to believe for a while. Then, I read some articles in the NYT (wish I could cite them, but this is a long time ago) that gave some aggravating context--aggravating to McCain. McCain spent five years in the Hanoi Hilton while W. blew off a good deal (amount still unknown today) of his cushy Guard service. Can you imagine what kind of lightweight wimp a guy like McCain perceives Bush II as? Whoa. And then the little bum tries to hang an imaginary black child around McCain's neck--and the lie worked. Believe me, McCain hates Bush and Rove. When it comes to these two, McCain's skin is thin for a major politician.
candidone1

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:55 pm
@barackman28,
It was a joke.
Of course it's stupid....but the idiots who unquestionably support him will think that he has had a debate (because actually following along isn't part of their political involvement) and that he's up 1-0....so when Barack cleans the floor with him toinght, they'll think it's 1-1.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:59 pm
@Miklos7,
I see what you're saying. I believe you. Especially about the part concerning Rove and Bush.

I don't know if you noticed, but Rove has critisized McCain, and praised Sarah Palin. Nasty business.

As for McCain being thin skinned-- I don't hav etoo much empathy for him, espeically since he's running a ridiculous smear campaign, which he promised not to do.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:44 pm
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/InsultComicDog/McCainBlink.gif
Lambchop

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:53 pm
@blueflame1,
Well, at least we know McCain's actually going to show up tonight. At least, he says he is.
blueflame1

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:00 pm
@Lambchop,
It's possible.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:20 pm
@blueflame1,
It's more probable now, since he did fly to Miss.
barackman28

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I certainly hope that they won't pack the audience with Rednecks. There's a lot of them in Mississippi who do not like Black People!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:42 pm
@barackman28,
No fear; it's being held at a university where young people will be the majority, and they're the ones most likely to vote Obama over McCain.
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 08:58 pm
Just finished watching.....

That McCain is one condescending prick.

I wanted to smack that smarmy smirk off his face.
Thomas

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:03 pm
@chai2,
Looks like you aren't going to vote for him anymore.
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:04 pm
@Thomas,
Anymore??!!

Ha!
0 Replies