Guys? You're not helping (Palin sexism watch)

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:12 pm
@Foxfyre,
Whew. When things get that far into cuckooland, that's my cue to exit. Bye for now!
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:16 pm
I believe I'll exit too since nobody seems interested in discussing sexism any more and, again, when nobody has any rebuttal but only personal insults to throw at me, I gotta believe you all are still out of ammo and I've won the argument. Ya'll have a good day though.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:19 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yes Foxy, that's all you can do is keep believing...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:22 pm
@Foxfyre,
You've seen him? As in live? As in person?

Or as in video? If in video, I'm sure we'd love if you would share.

T
K
O
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox - You're unable to make a convincing argument that

1) Palin should earn our sympathy for her struggle.
2) That Obama's campaign is in someway involved.

If you aren't trying to convince us of either of the above, then what is your point?

Sexism exists? We already knew that.
People will exploit anything in the name of money? We already knew that.

T
K
O
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
I believe I'll exit too since nobody seems interested in discussing sexism.

I was discussing sexism Foxy. Are you bailing.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
I believe I'll exit too since nobody seems interested in discussing sexism any more

if you're so interested in the topic of sexism, why were you posting about teleprompters on a sexism thread?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

Sexism. It's her best defense, who is to begrudge her if she beats it to death...
Very valid point. Regardless of what's thrown her way; she will use this to her advantage, hopefully effectively enough to offset the effect of the attacks that are actually leveled on that level. Just as surely as the Obama campaign will duck behind race whenever it is advantageous... even when it isn't necessarily called for. Again, hopefully the net-result will be to offset the effects of the actual slime.

What gets me is the steadfast denial that there is something unique about a candidate with a NEW BORN BABY (with special needs, no less.) Carter's, Clinton's and yes, Obama's children have been discussed (naturally), because children are most certainly a draw on attention and thereby consideration of same is quite legitimate when selecting the person for the most demanding job on earth. This isn't new; I remember reading about it regarding Teddy Roosevelt's VP-candidacy (You may remember Teddy only spent like 6 months as VP, before becoming President, too.Idea) And NONE of them had a NEW BORN BABY (let alone a newborn with special needs).

Rightwing partisans and the hyper-sensitive PC-Police have joined forces in hurling bold charges of sexism, seemingly without any of them ever stopping to consider that this would be a relevant consideration regardless of Palin's sex. Whether or not anybody has the courage (in the face of the finger pointing PC Police)(led by Finn d' Abuzz of all people Laughing) to compare the role of a mother and father when it comes to nurturing newborns; isn't the whole of the issue. If there's something truly sexist going on here, it is by way of a protective measure that seems intent on taking off the table a valid consideration simply because Palin is a Woman.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:34 pm
@Diest TKO,

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:35 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:
I believe I'll exit too since nobody seems interested in discussing sexism any more

if you're so interested in the topic of sexism, why were you posting about teleprompters on a sexism thread?

Wasn't my idea. They sort of insisted. I've tried to keep pulling the subject back to sexism but you know, that apparently was too uncomfortable and they preferred to go back to attacking McCain and Palin and Bush (or me) and avoiding the sexism issue which was the thesis of the thread.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:40 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
They sort of insisted.

and you always do what you're told?

C'mon.
dyslexia

@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I believe I'll exit too since nobody seems interested in discussing sexism any more and, again, when nobody has any rebuttal but only personal insults to throw at me, I gotta believe you all are still out of ammo and I've won the argument. Ya'll have a good day though.
enough of the martyr[ whining already, we're heard this from you 1172 times.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
I believe I'll exit too since nobody seems interested in discussing sexism.

I was discussing sexism Foxy. Are you bailing.

Just bailing because folks don't really want to talk about it, Spendi. And you can have fun with hatefulness only so much. Not you. You are never hateful. I agree with you that most women could probably not adequately handle the pressures of high office and be a competent mother. I probably could not myself. But to assume that Sarah Palin is 'most women' and to accuse her of poor family values when the same is not applied to a man, to assume that she can't do it and a man can, etc. is way over the top for me. And yes, I do take offense at statements like that or for her to be judged on that basis.

You and I can choose to disagree amicably and often do.

Many on A2K apparnetly do not seem to have that capacity, however.

(And I still love Maggie Thatcher)
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:44 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox... did you even watch these vids?

Vid 1: No earpiece. No touching the ear. Nothing.
Vid 2: He's being interrupted. He's trying his best to talk to people who disagree with him. No earpiece. Nothing. Perhaps you would have been happier if Obama would have used a Bill O'Reilly method and just talked over the man. It would have been easy. Obama had a mic, he didn't. Instead, Obama, like a polite individual, has a conversation. It only sounds broken up because Obama does have a mic and has to pause to let the man speak.
Vid 3: No earpiece. No touching the ear. Nothing.

Also, you were the one who introduced the earpieces bit. YOU. Only you. As for being forced to talk about it, I'm sorry it's inconvenient for you to back up your claims.

T
K
O
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:49 pm
@Diest TKO,
I said I had no evidence TKO. And I don't remember on on what occasion, maybe two, that he touched his ear during one of his flustered spells but that raised a red flag for me. Maybe it wasn't failure of a listening device. Maybe he is just incompetent when he has to speak extemporaneously. It was an observation. It could be an incorrect one. Are you going to say that you are full of it on your every observation or personal conclusion or suspicion or whatever? The fact is, Obama doesn't fly well without a net. And it came up in the discussion of Palin being managed and Obama not being managed that YOU and others suggested. And to assume it of one and not the other is a crock.

And neither has anything to do with a discussion on sexism.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:50 pm
@Foxfyre,
You brought us here. IT doesn't make sense for the bus driver to shout at the kids when they get lost.

T
K
O
dyslexia

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:51 pm
@Foxfyre,
I believe it's dark in china this time of day so either turn on some lights or stop digging.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:54 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

You brought us here. IT doesn't make sense for the bus driver to shout at the kids when they get lost.

T
K
O

No dear I didn't. You guys who think it is fun to make insulting remarks to other members instead of actually discussing a topic brought us here. I came to this thread because I thought Nimh's original thesis was interesting and provocative and I wanted to discuss it. I wish the rest of you did. You don't. You want to talk about other stuff and got all indignant when I wouldn't agree with you. That's fine. I will look for a different discussion that is of interest to me.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:55 pm
@Foxfyre,
Laughing

It's the ability to maintain such a stiff upper lip, while simultaneously being in full retreat, that amazes me the most about you, Faux.

Cycloptichorn
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:56 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
At least I know what I believe and why Cyclop. And I don't have to be hateful and insulting to people in order to believe it. Ya'll have a nice day now.