Guys? You're not helping (Palin sexism watch)

dyslexia

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:58 pm
@Foxfyre,
Obama=messiah?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:59 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

At least I know what I believe and why Cyclop. And I don't have to be hateful and insulting to people in order to believe it. Ya'll have a nice day now.

No, you really don't. You just make stuff up as you go along, and then get all huffy about it. It's been the same story with you for years, Faux.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:59 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:
They sort of insisted.

and you always do what you're told?

C'mon.

No. Actually I'm getting better at not taking the bait. But occasionally I still bite. And I'm usually sorry.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:00 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
Obama=messiah?

I say he's the messiah, and I should know. I've followed a few.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:02 pm
@Foxfyre,
Even with insults Fox, you tangented on Obama from my post which was directly related to the topic at hand. You're ignoring other posters who have left comments about sexism as well. You're only interested in having your ideas validated.

As I said before, you either seek to prove things we already know or your are here to convince us that Obama's campaign has some part to do with it.

Sexism is real. As per the OP, the sexism on display in the name of capitalism such as t-shirts etc is motivated by the almighty dollar, not a political/social ideal.

The person selling the "Another Bush We Can't Trust" shirt commits the same offense as the person who makes the shirt that says "GMILF for VP" or "VPILF."

If Palin is objectified and sexualized in a way that advances her agenda, it's okay, but otherwise it's somehow different? It's both or neither.

T
K
O
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:23 pm
What's going on over there. Our news is talking about catastrophes and calamities and such like. Coalition of your two candidates. Presidential address to the nation. Crisis. Panic. Campaigns being suspended.

Not a sight nor sound of a female.

Oh- and one of our lady cabinet ministers has just resigned saying she wishes to spend more time with her family.
patiodog

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:48 pm
@spendius,
Spending more time with the family is usually the reason American sports coaches give for retiring. Generally they show up making a larger salary with a higher profile team in a year or two.
spendius

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 05:13 pm
@patiodog,
American sports coaches are one thing and redundant Blair Babes are quite another kettle of fish.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:48 pm
Listening devices? Touching his ear suspiciously?

Holy Moses...
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:54 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
Whew. When things get that far into cuckooland, that's my cue to exit. Bye for now!

Snort....

What's everyone got against cuckoos, anyway?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:51 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Holy Moses...
How silly is that? Everyone knows the black Manchurian candidate has an implant in his brain... No need for listening devices. Rush must have misspoken.

Ps. I can probably provide undeniable evidence, if I check the junk folder in my alternate Gmail account.
dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 01:25 am
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

nimh wrote:

Holy Moses...
How silly is that? Everyone knows the black Manchurian candidate has an implant in his brain... No need for listening devices. Rush must have misspoken.

Ps. I can probably provide undeniable evidence, if I check the junk folder in my alternate Gmail account.

Is it the kind of evidence Fox demands if she is to entertain the notion of considering the infinitestimally teeny possibility that overwhelming evidence against one of those she favours might, in an alternate universe, at the time of a blue moon, and if you close your eyes and wish on a star, have a soupcon of validity?

If not then, manifestly, you are a terrorist, baby-killing, anti-democratic, communist, partisan dupe.

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 01:39 am
@dlowan,
Why yes... yes it is. But how could you have known that? You must be one of them. Shocked
dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 01:50 am
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Why yes... yes it is. But how could you have known that? You must be one of them. Shocked

Not at all.....I am one of the OTHER them.....
0 Replies

Unreconstructed

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ummm. I would like to know how the pictures shown have anything truthful about them. I'm never offended by truth. I traffic in it. I am always offended by jackasses who have no real opinion or thoughts other than to demegrate others, and especially those who think that kind of garbage is even humorous.
Honest communication has nothing to do with what is in those pictures. If you find that kind of crap humorous, you don't belong in polite society. You belong in a loony bin with the kid who skins cats to see how they react.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 09:13 pm
@Unreconstructed,
the truths are that many people believe that Palin is on the ticket because she has a ****, that she can't be trusted, and that she is a bitch.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 09:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

the truths are that many people believe that Palin is on the ticket because she has a ****, that she can't be trusted, and that she is a bitch.
Only a misogynist piece of **** like you would have such an opinion.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 09:52 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
I did not give my opinion, I said that many people have this opinion. They don't feel free to speak what they really feel in our culture, but they do manage to express their true feelings disguised as humor.

My position is that everyone is free to think and feel what they will, they don't need PC Nazi's like you telling them what they should think and feel and then exacting revenge for refusal to cave in to your coercion.

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 09:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Be grateful for the anonymous platform Craven inexplicably continues to provide you, you utter horror of a human being.
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 02:03 am
@OCCOM BILL,
OB - I think you may be extrapolating too much here...

I think hawkeye10 is pointing out the fact that socially unacceptable opinions can manifest itself in socially acceptable media such as comedy like T-shirts etc.

Having said that. There is a bit of a muddy water here.

I do believe that Palin got her pick because of gender reasons. That's a far statement from saying that women get things that they don't deserve because they are women. It only serves to benefit the McCain camp to blur the line here. Her selection was not social promotion, it was political pandering.

In short: Saying that she got her position because of gender reasons is not to say that all women everywhere got theirs for gender reasons.

Hawkeye - you could have phrased it in a less incendiary way. Evil or Very Mad

T
K
O