Okay, I've been here long enough

Mame

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 09:47 am
And I'm bored out of my mind. Alex works all day so keeping myself busy in this little town of 1136 people is difficult. There are three gas stations, one food market, several mediocre restaurants, a pub, one gift store, and a tire store. Not a book to be found anywhere. And unfortunately, the Tattoo parlour has closed down. Ashcroft is 10 km out and isn't much better. A Field's, a bakery, cop shop, post office, food store and gas station. Not a book to be found there, either.

I'm going nuts. We went to the pub last night and there were about 10 customers there, 8 of which were playing pool (we were the other two). Eighties music was playing, so I think we all know where Time Stood Still.

This is not how I envisioned spending my enforced time off.

Dave wrote and reported that Roxy (remember the temp cook who replaced me and reorganized my kitchen?) called the new temp cook to tell her how the camp worked and how lazy I am. Well, isn't that nice?

I'm about finished the New York Times Crossword (new one comes out tomorrow) and both books I brought are read. Alex only brought about a dozen issues of the Bridge Digest which don't interest me at all.

What's a girl to do?? One can only have so many showers, after all. sigh.

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 09:58 am
@Mame,
Well, if you can't find a book to read, write one. Smile

Maybe your memoirs for your posterity?
Reyn

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
@Mame,
You're near Ashcroft? Shocked How in god's mercy did you end up in that part of the country?

You have my very deepest sympathies!
Mame

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:27 am
@Reyn,
Yeah, thank you! I'm in Cache Creek Smile

I'm just visiting Alex... that's why I'm here.

Thank God for the internet.
Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:28 am
@Mame,
sheesh girl.... you need some action....

now had a plan to find you a video with action.... yeah yeah - you can imagine the youtubes that came up..... OH MY Shocked

how much longer you got there?????

meanwhile.... tell them.....

Bon Jovi - I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Wink
hamburger

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:00 am
@Mame,
greetings , mame !
just read up on cache creek , can't be all that bad (GRIN) !

Quote:
Welcome to the Village of Cache Creek Web site

The bustling town of Cache Creek is located at the Junction of the Trans Canada Highway and Highway #97. It is situated on the Thompson Plateau at the junction of the Cariboo and Thompson Valleys, which help to form the Interior Plateau. And, like the areas surrounding it, Cache Creek also offers a variety of terrain. The Bonaparte River runs through Cache Creek and above the deep valley of the river lies rolling grasslands which give way to surrounding hills covered in sagebrush and cactus. Above the rolling desert hills lie beautiful mountainous terrain.

how's cariboo sam doing ?

http://www.cachecreekvillage.com/images/cariboosam.jpg

sounds about as exiting as kingston in 1956 - when we arrived here . the saying was : in kingston they roll up the sidewalks at night .
we've gotten used to it - actually like it hare .
tomorrow night our re-furbished GRAND THEATRE (circa 1880) will be re-opened with a gala evening featuring richard margison - we are getting fancy .
all the best !
hbg
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:09 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Well, if you can't find a book to read, write one. Smile

Maybe your memoirs for your posterity?

Yes.

Sit down.
Start.

Joe(we're waiting)Nation
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:12 am
@hamburger,
lol hamburger - yeah, there are towns like this one all over Canada... bustling? ha ha ha ha ha More like "ambling"...

Hey, that's wonderful (I mean it!) about your theatre...are you going?? I love rep theatre and miss volunteering at them.

Kingston is where you are now? I had a friend who lived there for a bit. How far are you from London, ON?
Mame

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:18 am
@Izzie,
Hon, you got that right - I DO need some action. Couldn't hear that song (not my computer and no speakers here) but thanks. I leave here the morning of the 23rd...

Foxfyre and Joe(haha)Nation - memoirs? Nobody'd read 'em. I brought a sketch pad but am not inspired to sketch anything. I need to shake myself out of my doldrums. I spent two hours yesterday doing word games by myself... you know, the one where you have a word at the top and you have to make words from the letters in it? lol
Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:21 am
@Mame,
OMG MAME..... you're life cannot be as sad and boring as mine gal..... for goodness sake love - I LOOK UP TO YOU....... inspire me NOW....

NOW

DO YOU HEAR ME.......

(not long to go then dearie, 'til you gtet back into the "moving" world!)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:33 am
Raleighwood ladies... my door is open to all bored ladies needing some excitement in their lives....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:53 am
@Mame,
You could go out for a walk.

Any wildflowers to gather? Stones to skip? Wash the car?

Just steer clear of Sam. He looks like a perv.
squinney

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:54 am
@squinney,
...As is Bear.
Mame

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:58 am
@squinney,
ha ha ha - Glad you said it Smile

Yeah, done the car thing, nowhere to walk but the highway... no one to talk to. Eh, I guess I'll just watch CSI all day Smile Could be worse - I could be in Kuujuaq!
cjhsa

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:02 pm
@Mame,
I can understand your frustration with the tattoo parlor closing down. I bet the unfinished dragon on your back and ass was costing you a fortune.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:08 pm
Can u get to bookstore anywhere ?
Mame

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:23 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No, not within a half a day's drive. I'll just go get some newspapers.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:30 pm
@Mame,
Y did u go to CANADA ?

What were u expecting ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:32 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
No, not within a half a day's drive.

U can order books online.
Very fast delivery, and for a tiny price, u can read them online immediately.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 01:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Y r u naked ?
0 Replies